Now that the dust has settled, was this the casting disaster of the century?

Now that the dust has settled, was this the casting disaster of the century?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oFUbjYJ6C7c
cynicscapeblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/acts-of-terrorism-escapism/
youtu.be/Zq1wzW3zhT0
youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I thought he was the only good character.

mark zuckerburg is only allowed to play himself

He did fine.

No, it was directing disaster of the century

>DING DING DING DING DING

nice try marvelcuck

He's an overactor, but Snyder was the disaster.
Only a pathetic DCuck fanboy can't see that.

Probably the most opposite and embarrassing portrayal of an established character ever done on film.

yes, he was garbage but Jared Leto maybe even worst as the "joker"

Wonder who thought making Lex Luthor a flamboyant twink a good idea.

youtube.com/watch?v=oFUbjYJ6C7c

He was the best character in the movie and was played by a really good actor.
Only autistic Comicbook keks will tell you otherwise

He acted like he should've been in a Schumacher Batman. No one else was really good, but he actively ruined it.

He was distractingly bad. I just saw this flick on tv and boy it was worse than I thought. Snyder has no ability to build any tension or suspense. It's inexplicable. Luthor in this felt like he was from a completely different movie.

Still better than Zemo

Perfection

Should have been Denzel.

If he wasn't lex luthor he would've given us a great character, but Zack decided to reinvent a character who's presence alone should intimidate anyone in the room and gave us some weird skinny guy with issues.

I would've preferred if he was an original character or the Riddler.

so all of you saying he was a bad luthor never really read Birthright did you. Or any superman for that matter.

Why?

Trips don't lie

he was great

Agreed it was fucking awful. At no point did his motivation or behavior make any sense and he just overacted the entire time to try to make himself an interesting villain, instead it was just bad. Fortunately it didn't ruin the movie because the rest of the movie was shit as well.

casting hah that was not this movie main problem!!!
nope it being made stole that one.

it was obvious that his acting was not at fault, it was the direction and script he was given. Snyder fuck turned Lex, the most rational, logical and smart villain in DC, to joker with his ways of talking, dressing and even his motif of chaos for the sake of chaos (although we gotta wait and see what deal Darkseid made with him to let Darkseid make him one of his prophets).

still can't believe I wasted a dvd for this

But at this point i cant think of a deal to make lex turn away from his own motifs and goals in order to help some alien cunt achieve his. Snyder "read" all the source material, and ostensibly said fuck all of them i want lex be joker and joker be a slightly crazy gang guy. Hacknyder turned this staple characters in DC to what every fuckin DC fanboy hates, we loved Joker because of his Alpha male behavior and his chaos for chaos and his lies and deceptions. We love lex for his smarts and his way of thinking that sometimes turned us against superman because he just made more sense. Snyder's Joker and lex are horrible and im actually okay with his superman, IF THEY FUCKIN GIVE HIM LINES THAT MATTER or HAVE ANNNY EMOTIONAL IMPACT, HIS SUPERMAN IS SO FUCKIN USELESS THAT GENERATIONS TO COME WILL NO LONGER USE THE PHRASE "who do you think I am? Superman? haha" THEY WILL NO LONGER THINK OF SUPERMAN AS A STAPLE CHARACTER BUT A RIP OFF OF THE SINGULARITY CHARACTER FROM MARVEL. And dont fuckin tell me it was Cavill's fault, just look at the fuckin script, poor guy had zero lines, and to prove my point just look at Amy Adams. Amy Adams have repeatedly proven to be a great actress but her Louise was FUCKIN STUPID, FAKE AND IRRATIONAL and they dragged her story wayyyyy too fuckin much for no impact on the overall movie or emotional response.

And for those who say it's for smart people: Snyder literally read the first 15 pages of Nietchze's works and thought WOW THIS IS GREAT and stopped reading it, this movie has no fuckin overall discussion, it doesnt make you think or want to discuss it with your friends. Superman is from Nietzche and it's because CLARK READ HIS FUCKIN WORKS, his whole teenagehood was him forming the pioneering beliefs that led to the charismatic, HOPEFULL superman that is in 90% of superman comics.

This movie and MoS kept shouting SEE SUPERMAN IS HOPE SUPERMAN IS HOPE while fuckin playing sad ambient music and not showing what was it like BEFORE HE WAS SUPERMAN, THEY DIDNT EVEN FUCKIN SHOW A MONTAGE OR TALK ABOUT CRIMES AND BEHAVIORS THAT PEOPLE HAD BEFORE SUPERMAN CAME INTO THEIR LIVES IN BVS. This movie is flawed in its CORE, no amount of editing and extra footage can save this hot piece of monotone looking ass garbage. They could have fuckin saved the overall aesthetic for the Injustice series of movies that they will definitely do, or EVEN IN A BATMAN MOVIE, instead they used it for THE JL LEADER, UNARGUABLY THE MOST HOPEFUL AND HAPPY DC CHARACTER.

I FUCKIN HATE SNYDER'S DCCU AND I CANT DO ANYTHING BECAUSE DKEKS WITH NO BRAIN WILL STILL PAY FOR THIS FUCKIN TRASH AND KEEP MAKING MONEY FOR WB.

Nope. Damned interesting take on the character. I imagine it triggers quite a few millennial babies seeing their generation as the bad guy,

Casting a twig as wonder woman was worse

DKEKS *

What does the Batman's character represent in the story? Prove you can think that much through and maybe some of us will consider taking you seriously.

the mandarin want to talk to you

Batman didnt have any fuckin resemblance to Batman in JL or even TDKR character that Snyder so profusely tried to make us think that is based on. His character was a HOT HEAD, irrational and had no fuckin base philosophy, im okay with him killing but WHY FUCKIN KILL 15 PEOPLE IN A CAR CHASE TO LATER GO TO LEX'S COMPANY AND KILL NO ONE AND STEAL THE KRYPTONITE THAT U WERE CHASING. THAT SCENE HAD NO FUCKIN PURPOSE. Batman was batman throughout the movie, there wasnt a shred of bruce wayne in the movie and ffs HE HAD TO CALL HIS COMPANY AND TELL THEM TO GET OUT THE BUILDING, HE MADE THE CHARACTERS SO FUCKIN STUPID THAT HE GOT OFF A PLANE, DROVE A jeep car TO GET OUT OF THE CAR AND CALL THEM ON HIS CELLPHONE TELLING THEM TO GET OUT. SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK. Batman who has lost Robin, who is alone in his 40s and is depressed af is portrayed as an angsty TEENAGER who was PLOTTING TO KILL SUPERMAN FOR TWO YEARS WITHOUT EVEN FUCKIN TRYING TO DECODE HIS IDENTITY AND SPYING ON HIS LIFE TO GET TO KNOW HIM BETTER.

Dude, you are right but tone down the caps. The kids are sleeping next room.

OK, now calm down. If you won't answer that question, then answer this one:

Were you OK with how Frank Miller portrayed Superman in DKR?

im sorry, nice user. Ive been suppressing my ideas of bvs and MoS ever since their release on any form, and this was this was the first time i let it all out.

I hated the news of his casting and I hated the original cut I saw in theaters. I just got done watching the Ultimate Edition for the first time. He played a great megalomaniac. He's basically playing a guy who wants to end the world, because he knows the end is coming anyway, so he wants to be the catalyst for the end of humanity because he has a massive, unsustainable ego. Eisenberg was honestly one of the best parts of the movie, along with Irons's
Alfred and Affleck's Batman.

no, he portrayed as another mindless soldier but i guess he was the same in Red Son until the end. But when you pit superman and batman against each other, it should be more about their ideas than their biceps, cause in no way it is possible for batman to kill superman, so frank miller just toned up their ideas and made them go against each other.

>throughout the movie, there wasnt a shred of bruce wayne in the movie and ffs HE HAD TO CALL HIS COMPANY AND TELL THEM TO GET OUT THE BUILDING,

Security bussines protocol - google it

Denial is tough, huh?
>this is my opinion and if you disagree you are an autistic manchild
How ironic

Amy Schumer as Barbie

Zemo wasn't a villain that was the point of his character and as generic as his backstory was his performance was 800000x more convincing than goofball jewboy

Also, I like how marvel has guys like Zemo and mickey Rourke in iron man 2 to show that just regular (albeit super smart) and really pissed off guys can pose a big threat to these superheros, as well as the fact that they're not just generic rich madman who must be stopped like lex was in that bloated PoS

If you think it's funny to pretend that BvS was good, great or kino, you're a fucking faggot and you belong on reddit

>We love lex for his smarts and his way of thinking that sometimes turned us against superman because he just made more sense
How did you not turn against Superman after watching both those films? The ending of MoS, just looking at the destruction they both caused, and Luthor literally explaining to the audience that "superman isn't a god, stop worshipping him he's destroying the city and he's dangerous you ignorant fucks." He knows he as a human can't beat superman so he brings in doomsday, something that should have beat superman, if I'm honest.
>This movie and MoS kept shouting SEE SUPERMAN IS HOPE SUPERMAN IS HOPE
If all you got from MoS and BvS was that "superman is hope", you unironically didn't understand it, even though it was plain as day written that maybe this superman guy is dangerous and has the power to wipe us of the face of the earth if he gets pissed off.
>Superman statue with FALSE GOD graffiti'd onto it
You're fucking retarded and look past things that you don't want to see for the sake of criticising the films. Don't get me wrong, I didn't like BvS (i did like MoS), but your reasons for disliking it are objectively wrong.
Your marvel fanboy is showing

Right. Well consider this: Miller was portraying Superman out of character - maiming Green Arrow, fighting America's wars for it - for a reason. It was a critique of what he saw as the declining moral character of America at that time.

They just did exactly the same thing with the Batman. He's not being himself because he's blindly chasing vengeance, letting the ends justify the means, and going into a preemptive war against Superman not because of what he's done, but because of what he might do.

We're not supposed to see him as a hero here any more than we were supposed to see Superman as heroic in DKR. It hurts to look at and it's supposed to.

It wasnt even funny bad, it was like when your faggot friend tries to be funny and it's just cringe and you just want it to be over so you can forget
But you'll never forget

Which is the worst casting:

Eisenberg as Luthor or Gadot as Wonder Woman?

they should have cast Billy Zane

All you guys bashing Eisenberg's performance - you got that he was basically driven insane by what he learned from the ship's AI, right? He'd survived an info dump the size of which no other person ever has.

That's what he's getting at with his charity speech but stops himself. He's barely keeping it together.

1. Lex in no rational way explained why superman is bad, he was seen to decept the government to give kryptonite, which could have been fixed by the direction and costume design. How could u root for a guy who forcebily puts a candy in a senator's mouth? And to your doomsday, if doomsday killed superman but he didnt die, how could he have stopped doomsday? If he had a plan to kill doomsday then why didnt he use it on superman?

2. In no way did they portray superman as that. In MoS, he literally said the house of el symbol stands for hope, Louise followed him to the graveyard and told him he's hope and should come to the spotlight. If they wanted to show it that way, they should have focused all PoV from people around superman, like Martha, Louise and never physically showing superman as the protagonist and avoiding the villain of the week cliche, instead we only got his POV with an uninteresting, IMO, villain (although i love michael sheen's perfomance).

3. I never said that

That wasn't the real Mandarin though.

Misportraying superman's character as instead a super violent and irrational and emotional and non-clearheaded figure is not justification for supporting lex, who was just a goofy crazy man who happened to have a looot of money

You're dumb af
I would go through the rest of your post but I'm tired of detailing all the ways DCucks are stupid to their stupid faces, because, well, you're stupid

this.

No, dipshit. He played the Facebook Lex to a T. Sadly Warner Bros will probably be too retarded to follow through so we can forget about him evolving at all. He'll just fade away. Thank you, Rotten Tomatoes.

>rape and cannibalize the source material
>use the source material to defend from criticism

Not that guy, but Lex doesn't even get the Senator on his team by dragging Superman down, He gets to him through his paranoia. Watch the dude's head snap around when Lex mentions there are others like Superman.

That's what he sells him - basically a fear of the unknown. As fears go, it's a good one to work with. Worked on whole countries before. Multiple times.

islam.

wait I'm wrong aren't I.

That's a great way of thinking about it, but honestly, i as a viewer and a fan of DC dont look at movies as their avant-garde medium where they can experiment and make arguments. When i look at an upcoming superhero movie i think "yay, i get to see live action and more potent emotional respone of the things i read", yes i know it sounds superficial.

But anywho, i would definitely agree with your POV and take on the movie, except the script was incredibly cheesy, superficial and without depth. For example, if we look at the dark knight, you would see every line and scene has a purpose, in the first 8 mins they talk about this cop whose mother got sick and later on we see gordon say some cops are being shaky offhandedly, which leads to why that cop kidnapped Rachel and gave her to joker. In BvS, lines are said for their own sake, there are no purpose in scenes, for example, the hotel scene where superman goes to say bye to louise or the airplane scene, where it was just a product placement.

I bet you hated Hackman's Luthor too, huh?

So Is that supposed to prove that Jesse Eisenberg wasn't terrible in this or that superman's character (along with everything else) was not wrong as fuck in MoS?

I don't remember that because the move was forgettable trash lol

Problem being, giving eisenberg's jittery inarticulate spastic unrestricted access to alien technology should've scared anyone more than some potential unknown threat.

As no one should've trusted eisenberg with a toaster, much less technology from a civilization that leveled a city with gravity.

>he was basically driven insane by what he learned from the ship's AI, right? He'd survived an info dump

So he was cray cray because of things that weren't in the movie.

Stellar.

That scene with Lois had one of the most telling lines in the whole movie:

>This means something,
>It did on my world. My world doesn't exist anymore.

The "world" he's talking about there very much has two meanings - Krypton and the sort of comic book world where a larger-than-life mythic character like Superman had room to breathe.

That's what Snyder's unofficial trilogy is about - Superman landing in "gritty, grim bat-world" and turning it into a more myth-friendly place - the kind of place where heroes take up their weapons and go out and slay the dragons. He died making that world happen, choosing his world and forcing it to make sense.

He played the part well it was the script/direction that was the problem.

KEK

No, it's to prove that no amount of explaining is ever enough for a fanboy. All you want is escapism, not stories.

Nope. It was there. You just had to actually be watching it. Asking a lot, I know.

So what exactly about "the real world" is stopping superman from "breathing?"

Reminder that Jesse was supposed to play Jimmy Olsen, said no, and Zack did backflips to ensure he didnt lose him which resulted in this fucking trainwreck. Which frankly why anyone would cater to Jesse is beyond me. The guy is an overrated hack whos one note.

1. Lex doesn't need to you fucking idiot. It's explained throughout the entire film, and inexplicably shown throughout the entire film that "yo maybe superman could kill us all if he wanted, and thats p bad". Just because lex doesn't outright say it (which he actually does btw) doesn't mean thats not the entire point of the movie.
>How could u root for a guy who forcebily puts a candy in a senator's mouth
Obviously they weren't going for a physically intimidating lex but one that gets under your skin, fear of physical threats isn't the only form of intimidation, as much as marvel would want you to think that
>f doomsday killed superman but he didnt die, how could he have stopped doomsday?
By this point lex is mental, he doesn't give a shit. Did it ever cross your mind that his rambling were that of someone who's fucking insane? Did you need to have lex outright say "wow dude im goin crazy rn" for you to understand that?
>In no way did they portray superman as that
They did, that was the point of BvS, up until the end. You're supposed to question whether superman is all good, because the things he does to the bad guys could easily be done to the good guys if something bad happens to him. The wreckage at the end of MoS was what pushed bruce over the edge on his opinion on superman. Just because he beat up the right guys this time doesn't mean he'll always do it.

negro he goes in the ship, makes a troll, the troll fucks off, and he chats with literally satan till the police come. There were no scenes that indicated information was being forced into his brain.

I love how Snyder gets great actors and just fucking ruins them with his nonsense.
Jackie Earle Haley and Billy Kruddup in watchmen are the only exceptions, prolly cause theyre the highest tier of actors

>Comic book fans want escapism
GET OUTTA TOWN
BTW the point of comic books are to provide both stories AND escapism

Because my post was too long I had to split it
>Misportraying superman's character as instead a super violent and irrational and emotional and non-clearheaded figure
Jesus fucking christ, you call me dumb but you, just like the other guy, didn't get it, or you're just pulling stuff out of your arse.
The point is, Superman in the films is rational, clearheaded, and only violent towards the bad guys. Sure, he's emotional, I'll give you that but it doesn't affect him in the sense that once more, he only beats the shit out of bad guys.
however, the point of BvS is to point out "what if he started doing what he does to bad guys, to good guys instead?" Although he never actually does it, you're supposed to think about it from both sides, because people are rightfully scared of this guys that seems, to them, invincible.
The film requires you to actually think about hypothetical situations, which marvel doesn't like you doing, it spells everything out and holds your hand. BvS did this too, but not to the extent that marvel films do and it showed by you guys' failure to understand a fucking capeshit film.
>You're dumb af
I would go through the rest of your post but I'm tired of detailing all the ways DCucks are stupid to their stupid faces, because, well, you're stupid
You made one (wrong) point and then just resorted to insults. Typical ADD marvel fan desu

cynicscapeblog.wordpress.com/2016/11/28/acts-of-terrorism-escapism/

God you sound like such a passive aggressive little bitch.
Prolly never had the balls to tell someone you were sick of their shit face to face.
Fag

and I liked BvS lol

You know how over the course of Batman films, they become closer and closer to a real-world portrayal of the Batman? Well this is the culmination of that - a world where actions have consequences, people react to a god-like alien in realistic ways and phrases like "collateral damage" mean that a man strong enough to stop earthquakes can kill you just by punching something *near* you.

This is Superman's arrival taking an almost fully deconstructed Nolanverse-type setting and elevating it back into a more magical, comic-booky sort of place.

You may not find that interesting, but I do.

Its pretty much a textbook example on how even the most experienced actors can be shit under poor direction. Kind of like the Green Lantern movie, which had Ryan Reynolds and Mark Strong, yet resulted in one of the most disappointing and forgettable capefilms ever to be released

by purpose i meant purpose in the movie's plot.

You have a very extrapolative take on the movie, which imo, is wrong way to judge a straight forward movie like BvS, as it's not some abstract movie. But even then, we saw what krypton was like in the first movie, and how their people were. There was nothing fantastical about their world, their world was as gritty as ours with civil wars and mutiny going on while their planet was going to collapse on itself. I would consider the old icy krypton as fantastical, it had crystals operating like computers, people wore completely white and minimalistic robes and had eloquent ways of talking. The krypton that snyder portrayed was just another earth with exotic creatures. Im sorry but i didnt notice any difference in grimness between krypton and earth. Both were incredibly dull and dark.

I think Snyder clearly wanted to emulate TDK but with superman cause TDK was amazing and made a lot of money and I think it was the cave troll from LoTR that elevated the grim dark setting to goofy comic book world lmao

I think its fair to say that BvS is one of those movies that throws everything at the fucking wall hoping that something will stick.

Yeah, guess you forgot about the scene where he tells the ship's AI to tell him everything. Look at his wardrobe. It's a continuation of his original scene where he walks through the tunnel carrying the briefcase.

That briefcase has Zod's fingerprints in it. Lex's scenes are set up nonlinear so that we see he's been walking around with the knowledge of the Kryptonian AI for the bulk of the chronological plot.

That's why at the charity dinner he stops himself from completing this sentence:

Knowledge is power and I am . . .

the most knowledgeable man on the planet.

wait, no, what am I? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge without power, because that is paradoxical. Thank you for coming.

was his performance, dare I say it, good enough ??

the problem is that snyder was still thinking he was making the watchmen

and you know something got fucked up when for the starting point of the DCU he chose death of superman and DKR. That's just pants on head retarded.

Some us remember when they taught us things sometimes, too. But I understand that we're a dying breed.

Trainwreck? He's better than the fuckhead who played Adrian Veidt in Watchmen. I love that a nasally faggot played Lex to juxtapose the mankino of Snyder's Superman and Batman. At the end of the day all the hate of his Lex stems from the fact that you do not want to have sex with him at all. I don't either but unlike most that doesn't make me blind.

user you're the prime example of an autist not getting that it's about the HOW not the WHAT.

you know what's more scary? Lex groomed to the nines, with a great suit indirectly intimidating his oppressors. Not some whiny shitty looking millennial with HORRIBLE fashion sense intimidating someone who is twice his age.

>Lex is mental
his manners didnt change at all throughout the movie, there was no way he became mental and if he did, bravo snyder for NOT showing one of the most crucial moments in the universe that youre building.

>question if superman is all good
There was never a single moment where they made me question him, they showed that he didnt kill the people in africa, they showed he saved people. If they wanted to do that, they should have caught from superman landing in africa to Louise distraught in metropolis next to clark.

and btw im not this im

That's like saying literature or cinema only exist to provide escapism.

Comics are a limitless medium as much as any other, even capes can have actual content, be it aesthetical, political or conceptual.

This.

No, I've never shied away from speaking my mind. Pride myself on it, in fact.

If you want a good look at passive-aggressive posts, check out the sour grapes crowd. They don't even have the sack to admit when they're wrong about something, and that's the very definition of a chickenshit little bitch as far as I'm concerned.

I'm just tired of correcting smug assholes who can't even tear themselves away from their fucking phones long enough to give anything their undivided attention, then criticize it for not spoon-feeding their ADD asses.

youtu.be/Zq1wzW3zhT0

Lex using his blood to create Doomsday was stupid.
If anything Doomsday would have been more feminine and twitchy with Lex's blood.

okay so your criticism of luthor is his fashion sense. i've already explained how physical intimidation isn't the only form of intimidation

he clearly goes on more rants as the movie progresses, and clearly acts more crazy than eccentric as it goes on

>There was never a single moment where they made me question him
so you never thought "what if he turns on humanity?"

But it's not a straightforward movie. At all. I thought I wouldn't live long enough to see a blockbuster-sized film with a director crazy enough to give us a film that demands the audience invest in it to understand it, but I did. I still can't even believe it happened.

This movie made me realize how much stuff I didn't understand from MoS and reevaluate it as something that was less a cape movie and more a sci-fi movie.

Nice deflection. The scene was there. If understanding both the HOW and the WHAT of the movie makes me autistic, I'll take that over the alternative of being someone who insists they got it when they very clearly didn't,

youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

I think lex idea was give him human DNA so he would be.. human?

"I exist only to protect Krypton. That is the sole purpose for which I was born."

I would agree if he was established in an earlier movie or the movie gave some insight to his life, like childhood or just before superman came to light. He had a few scenes and all of them were with people he was against, so i cant really evaluate that he turned crazy since he was pretty crazy when he talked to the senator, as he said "red capes are coming red capes are coming" before getting the info dump. If they showed him with his 'senpai' and how he became louder and more eccentric as he kept delving into the krypton spaceship's knowledge bank.

When I said the thing about the suit, I meant how about showing intimidation in the form of diplomacy instead of overt batshit crazy that Lex Luthor was.

>what if he turns on humanity?
the first and second movie gave the insight to us that he is completely human, that he is without a doubt docile, there was no aggression towards human beings or his parents or anyone. If they showed him in MoS first dealing with Zod and then showing him go to the government and getting frustrated and angry i would have agreed with u. Or showed him resenting humanity for extinciting his specie.