Remember when this was still Sup Forumscore?

Remember when this was still Sup Forumscore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OA2_Tjla_60
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Oasis will always be /ourband/

HERE IT COMES AGAIN NOW I CAN FEEL THE RAIN

MAAAAYBEEEEEEEEEEEE

SAILING DOWN THE RIVER ALONE

Virgin Damon
Chad Liam

good luck bro, hope you make it

No band will ever match the bantz of the gallaghers

thanks

>Release 2 instant timeless classic albums that defined the last decade music really mattered, be so talented you release some of your best songs as b-sides and standalone singles, even a bootleg recording of your two frontmen arguing about getting drunk and thrown off a ferry manages to rise on the pop charts
>fall off the wagon
>go on to release nothing but trash for 20 years
How do they do it bros

They ran out of all the good t rex and beatles songs to rip off

Be Here Now=best Oasis album. fight me

dubs don't lie

Remember when it was Sup Forumscore?! I remember when it came out

you kids and your internet memes

are they worth listening to Sup Forums?

Decide for yourself
youtube.com/watch?v=OA2_Tjla_60

word

>mfw I learn this was actually considered Sup Forumscore
What happened though?

This is one of the greatest songs ever recorded, and I don't even like Oasis that much.

I worked at HMV for years. I oversaw the release of DM, MG, BHN, MP and SOTSOG. Each time Oasis released a new album, people would flock to the store en masse to buy it. I actually put bets on with my manager that if more than 20 people attempted to shoplift on release dates, I'd get my wage for the day doubled. I won all five times.

I left that job in 2004 but I did go to the same store for Don't Believe The Truth and Dig Out Your Soul, it was the exact same thing. But maybe that's because I live in Manchester.

Oh yeah, I forgot Heathen Chemistry. Nobody liked that piece of shit.

I imagine it was the same with the Stone Roses?

Result, sorted, top, mad for it

I'm assuming it's Reddit.

That's a pretty neat anecdote.
How much hype was there around DM upon its release? How intense was the release day of BHN?

Yep. I do keep in touch with my old manager, who's actually been a long-time friend now. He called me on the 6th of October and 24th of November, telling me the place was mobbed by balding, fat men and crooked wrinkly hags waving their hands in the air to DLBIA and the other Britpop tunes that were playing on the store stereo.

There was quite a crowd for DM. But BHN was a completely different kettle of fish. We had to contact the police two hours before opening to help patrol the store as all the staff were concentrated in the central part of the building to assist customers and distribute Oasis merch. So everything else wasn't being watched, ergo prone to shoplifting which happened regardless. Remember seeing a kid off his tits on drugs who ran in, grabbed the album and darted around the store while a policeman chased after him. That cat and mouse crap continued for 10 minutes until he knocked over a container of Morning Glory CDs and fell to the ground, they all just piled on top of him while he was screaming the lyrics to Supersonic. So the entire place started singing Supersonic in response.

What's worse is that later, a bunch of 16-17 year olds somehow got a hold of a Marshall speaker, took it into the building and started playing the album, the ground floor became a mosh pit in less than 60 seconds. It was worse when My Big Mouth started playing. The police had to force them outside but all that changed was that the moshing was now right outside the entrance.

It's sad though, you don't get crowds like that anymore.

>they all just piled on top of him while he was screaming the lyrics to Supersonic. So the entire place started singing Supersonic in response.
Toppest of keks

>Remember seeing a kid off his tits on drugs who ran in, grabbed the album and darted around the store while a policeman chased after him. That cat and mouse crap continued for 10 minutes until he knocked over a container of Morning Glory CDs and fell to the ground, they all just piled on top of him while he was screaming the lyrics to Supersonic. So the entire place started singing Supersonic in response.

>What's worse is that later, a bunch of 16-17 year olds somehow got a hold of a Marshall speaker, took it into the building and started playing the album, the ground floor became a mosh pit in less than 60 seconds. It was worse when My Big Mouth started playing. The police had to force them outside but all that changed was that the moshing was now right outside the entrance.

That is fantastic.

Care to elaborate further?
inb4 pic