What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

artsy fartsy american wannabe Trainspotting with the ladyboy Leto

Some stupid stuff about drugs I guess. Of course I wouldn't relate and I didn't get any message or moral from it but I still liked it. You can say I find it "accidentally good"

A great example of what true kino is

>wannabe trainspotting

Absolute kino
Plebs dont like it because muh depressive

The scene with the old women having hallucinations from diet pills is pure kino

theres your normal everyday kino,then theres requiem for a dream
a whole new level

drugs are bad and will fuck up your entire life: the movie

>babbys first depressing drug movie
>kino

>guy smokes weed
>has hallucinations
Dropped

a film that makes good use of the medium and tells a cynical story.

Trainspotting is overrated garbage.

The 'Hip Hop' editing, soundtrack, acting.

The main story was the about the mother.

the 2 arcs contrasted each other. By themselves they would have lost impact/meaning

One of the saddest scenes that make you want to hug your mom

The Red Dress scene

I think it's much simpler than that.

I would say it's if you want something then you should honestly work for it. Cutting corners might give you instant gratification but it's usually followed by instant regret.

The infomercial the mother watches reinforces this since it's about self-denial: red meat, sugar and the last one is no orgasm.

None of that shit is easy to give up or sacrifice for but if you want to achieve whatever they were pitching then you had to work honestly for it.

One of the most overrated films of all time that's what

How did they contrast each other? All 4 of them were about deteriorating

ass 2 ass

ASS

If you have ever looked into the abyss you will understand. Jared is the bomb

I was kind of lumping the kids together as one arc and the mother as the other.

I saw it as showing there are different reasons(peer pressure, distraction) for addiction and that they inevitably lead to the same end.

Connelly at her most beautiful.

I think they were all the same except the mother was used to show the amphetamine side of things while the others were heroin

more than that, the addiction the mother experienced (OTC prescription meds) is generally accepted by society at large as opposed to the illegal hard drugs taken by the younger ones

TA

le movie

>ywn go ass2ass with her for some smack

>drugs are bad m-kay

Reddit the movie

M'kay

it was shit and boring

way too long edgy psa

I went to an overnight summer camp when I was 10 years old and my camp counselors forced me to watch this movie along with 6 other 10 year olds.

It changed my life. However I will never watch it again. I still have nightmares.

NEVER SAY THAT AGAIN YOU CUNT

DUDE DRUGS ARE BAD LMAO

ASS TO ASS

A
S
S

T
A

A
S
S

The difference between the trainspottinf and this are interesting. Trainspotting has a much more sincere anti drugs message; drugs are something that happen but it's not just them that contribute to a bad life, it's your mates, your job, your country, your shite football team etc

requiem was much more melodramatic. although it look beautiful with some great acting, its message is that drugs take away ALL agency from the prissy American characters. It's inherently less likeable to me.

Was he /ourguy/?

>what the fuck did I just watch

About 87 minutes more than I did. Worst 10 minutes of my life desu

I disagree. In train spotting the characters have personality and agency throughout with addiction as a caveat. In requiem we see the totalitarian control of addiction surpassing presented personality.

requiem was more "drugs really fuck you up dude, dont tinker with reality like that", like no matter the context, the kinda drug, and the reasons, you'll get fucked up. while trainspotting was more about the circunstances. more character driven.

I still refuse to believe they'd let his fucking arm rot off just because he was a drug addict.

Didn't they surgically remove it to stop that terrible infection to spread?

It has one redeeming scene. The double dildo bonanza.

>just because

When your arm is infected that bad, it leads to infecting your blood, which leads to..

the arm had to go

Nevertheless, the way the police handled it was outrageous. If this were a true story that kid would be able to sue the police department for millions.

The whole movie is over the top and sensationalistic. It's not deep. It just tries to be shocking.

it was a pretty good film desu senpai but it never reaches the bar that trainspotting set