TWD pre-game hype thread

How hyped for tonight? Last week's episode was one of the best of the season. Now we Negan tonight.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(TV_series)#Ratings
moviepilot.com/p/the-walking-dead-season-7-is-the-worst-ever/4159739
comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2016/11/30/the-walking-dead-suffers-another-huge-ratings-drop/
screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-7-ratings-drop/
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-3-ratings-nov-2-8-the-walking-dead-gets-even-bigger/
tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/the-hidden-dvr-bump-live-viewing-brings-less-than-half-of-top-shows-ratings/
undeadwalking.com/2016/11/13/truth-walking-dead-ratings/
undeadwalking.com/2016/11/30/the-walking-dead-s-live-views-are-down-but-thats-not-the-whole-story/
undeadwalking.com
1428elm.com/2016/11/18/walking-dexit-fans-abandoning-walking-dead/
moviepilot.com/p/are-you-joining-the-walking-dexit-and-bailing-on-twd/4148754
horrorfreaknews.com/part-walking-dexit
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Do you think Carl has sexy boyfeet? He takes so much care of the rest of himself that I can't help but imagine his feet smells like flowers.

I hope it's long and boring and doesn't progress the plot at all. And hopefully titties is in it.

Ratings have gone down with each new episode this season.

This will continue until the end of Season 7

Season 8 will probably be the last.

Was last weeks REALLY that bad?
I didn't watch it

Damn titties are nice.

Judith's first words:
>I'm Negan

saggy tatas

No her first words are miaskusumfin Rick

A whole episode about Carl. Just what I wanted.... Said no one ever.

Can't fuckin' wait. Carl's finally getting more screen time again and he's getting his comic arc.

Tonight and next week will be two of the best episodes of the season

This season has seen the biggest ratings decline in show history

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_(TV_series)#Ratings

And they continue to be in free fall mode.

coral

A Carl episode? Now I'm definitely not watching it.

So?

Live ratings are the only thing affected.

Add in DVR people and the viewership jumps several million.

Also, the show is still getting very high ratings that other shows would dream of

You say that but people still wont stfu about how much they love it
You increasingly worried man

>literally lower than 3rd season
JUST

It's Carl AND Negan

Wrong. DVR views are always calculated. Please learn how ratings work

The ratings are in total free fall mode and this won't stop

Not even remotely true. The media and the social media are filled with people saying how much they hate this season.

"There is always a cost"
Huh really makes you think. Definitely deserves to be a quote.

Wow. The two worst characters together. I can't wait.

Going to 17.03 to 10.40 in just a few episodes. Insane.

>Wrong. DVR views are always calculated. Please learn how ratings work
Not in the LIVE ratings, which is what is on Wikipedia you retard.

DVR ratings are live+3 or live+7.

Stop stalking 12 year olds twitter accounts and talk to real people
They love it

>Pretending that live ratings don't matter and aren't the ultimate judge for success

You're an idiot. Show is in free fall mode and nothing will stop it. Millions of people have stopped watching and they won't come back.

>the eventual love triangle between Carl/Enid and Lydia
Like it's even a fucking choice

No, actually they don't. Millions of people have stopped watching this show, never to return.

Deal with it. They'll probably drop below 10.00 tonight.

t. manlet pussboi

>carl sings while negan swings negan around
WELL WELL WELL
*leans back*
ahhhhhhhhhhh
LOOKS LIKE
*bites fist*
WE GOT OURSELVES AN AMERICAN IDOL

the cringe is gonna be unreal

Anyone else not fully realize how good this show was until they binge rewatched? I saw every episode and didn't fucking realize/remember that it's like an 8 or 9/10 show when you put it together. Even season 2 is fantastic when you aren't always hoping for something significant to happen.

I think the issue is that many episodes are relatively uneventful which can feel like a let-down when you're watching it week to week, but those episodes contribute greatly to the whole.

>"This will be the end of Walking Dead" says increasingly nervous man for 7 seasons

Boypussy memes aside, they really need to get Chandler Riggs to cut his hair. I can't take Carl seriously when he tries to act tough while he looks like a pompous little bitch. At least have long hair like Darling or Dwight but Carls hair is so well styled it looks really gay.

The ratings are dying. 10.42 is awful for TWD. And it seems to decrease by 0.30 every week. That's not good. Shit's tanking fast. Hopefully the show ends in 2018/2019. The show will not go longer than 10. It needs to have some proper conclusion that doesn't follow the comics. As much as I like it, this season and the last have been very unfocused with no end goal. It's time to stop AMC. Even your best stuff like Breaking Bad and Mad Men only lasted 5 and 7 seasons.

>Deal with it. They'll probably drop below 10.00 tonight.

Guaranteed.

>Pretending that live ratings don't matter and aren't the ultimate judge for success
They're not, because people are changing their viewing habits. AMC knows this. That's why they put the episode up on their website after it airs too.

>You're an idiot. Show is in free fall mode and nothing will stop it.

Calling me names doesn't make you any more right.

>Millions of people have stopped watching
Live.

Plenty watch it after the fact.

Episode 7x01.
17.03 million viewer's.
Live + 3 ratings: 3.8 million.
Final number's: 20.8 million.

Episode 7x02.
12.46 million viewer's.
Live + 3 ratings: 4.39 million
Final number's: 16.85 million.

Episode 7x03.
11.72 million viewer's.
Live + 3 & 7 ratings: 5 million
Final number's: 17.72 million.

Episode 7x04.
11.40 million viewer's
Live + 3 ratings: 4.31 million
Final number's: 15.71 million.

>T-t-those m-millions of lost viewers will come back! R-r-right?!

The Walking Dead's reported ratings which end up on that chart are live+SD and usually out within a day or two, live+3/live+7 (which includes DVR) are a completely different story and it's impossible for them to be reported that early. I'm not saying the ratings aren't still in freefall, but live+3/live+7 adds several million more viewers and the drop isn't quite as steep. These people are still watching, they're just getting caught up later in the week because they can't be bothered staying up late on a Sunday night anymore.

Thanks for proving me right. The ratings are in free fall mode. It's over. They'll continue to drop for the rest of the season.

moviepilot.com/p/the-walking-dead-season-7-is-the-worst-ever/4159739

>Fans And Critics Agree: 'The Walking Dead' Just Ain't What It Used To Be

Getting a lot of bad press.

Idc enough to make false predictions online because they arnt making room for Lazy Town
Just keep showing me Enid and Ill keep watching

comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2016/11/30/the-walking-dead-suffers-another-huge-ratings-drop/

>The Walking Dead Suffers Another Huge Ratings Drop

Down they go...

screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-7-ratings-drop/

>People Really Are Giving Up on The Walking Dead

Jeez the bad news is all over the place.

If you're going to link articles then use archive.org fucking idiot

AMC uses Live + 3 as their primary metric(like many channels do now because people are changing their viewing habits) and those have been consistently between 15-17 million(discounting the premiere, which was 20 million) so I highly doubt they're worried.

ok that's worse than I thought.

People have to understand. Once people stop watching a show they never come back.

Once the ratings start to drop in a significant way, they never come back up.

These days a show is lucky if it lasts 8 seasons. TWD is in the middle of Season 7. This is all just a sign of things to come.

>Another 90 minute episode

Oh boy I can't wait to watch 30 minutes of nothing but commercials and Chris Hardwick memeing

As of November, 2015 most cable networks - including AMC - switched their primary metric to Live +3 and the Nielsen company rolled out their total viewer measurement in December, 2015. Basically, they have finally accepted that the way people watch television has changed with the availability of DVR, streaming, On Demand, and other digital formats enabling people to watch a show when it's more convenient for them - and skip commercials. The reality they have to accept is that less than 40% of the total viewership for any television show actually watches live these days. Premieres and finales tend to get a little bump there, but it's still less than half the total viewership watching live. The new system is an attempt to monetize the total viewership in all available formats - in other words, they're trying to figure out how to adjust advertising to work around current viewing choices.

The media outlets reporting the "drastic" drop in TWD ratings are not taking that into account and are only reporting the Live +SD ratings. But the Live +3 ratings have been fine so far - between 15 and 17 million outside of the premiere. The Live +7 ratings continue to increase as well. Since Live +3 is what AMC is using as their primary metric - and considering the total viewership overall with Live +7 - I doubt they're worried. People who have taken the time to learn this information are not making excuses. They're simply pointing out the facts. Here are a few articles about it.

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-3-ratings-nov-2-8-the-walking-dead-gets-even-bigger/

tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/the-hidden-dvr-bump-live-viewing-brings-less-than-half-of-top-shows-ratings/

undeadwalking.com/2016/11/13/truth-walking-dead-ratings/

undeadwalking.com/2016/11/30/the-walking-dead-s-live-views-are-down-but-thats-not-the-whole-story/

>undeadwalking.com

LOL that's a reliable source.

What pathetic damage control.

The show lost millions of viewers and they're never coming back.

good thread.
now we just need more dubs

So many people have dropped this show they're calling it The Walking Dexit.

1428elm.com/2016/11/18/walking-dexit-fans-abandoning-walking-dead/

moviepilot.com/p/are-you-joining-the-walking-dexit-and-bailing-on-twd/4148754

horrorfreaknews.com/part-walking-dexit

>ignoring the other two links

Last reply you get from me troll

checked

when does it start?
stream links?

>1428elm
>horrorfreaknews

WOW SUCH RELIABLE SOURCES

It starts in an hour and a half.

Oh shit! LEL

ty

Tender same fag butt hurt.

Fact: Millions of people have stopped watching

Fact: They're not coming back.

They will have nothing to watch after GoT ends.
>but westworld!
Most people think cowboys are gay.

They're not coming back. Ever.

>Tender same fag butt hurt.
Not that guy.

>Fact: Millions of people have stopped watching
Live

>Fact: They're not coming back.
False

They're not coming back. Ever.

They're not coming back. They never come back. That's not how TV works

>Buh buh buh live viewings don't matter!!

They're not coming back. They never come back. That's not how TV works

>Puh-puh-puh people are gonna start watching again right?!

>They're not coming back. They never come back. That's not how TV works
Yes they will, yes they do, and yes it does.

>What pathetic damage control.

Except that's not what I said. I said that they aren't the primary metric anymore.

What's more pathetic is how much of a fat slob you sound like.

>Puh-puh-puh people are gonna start watching again right?!

Nope. That's never happened and it wont' happen here.

Those millions of viewers are gone forever.

Keep spamming the thread fat slob. Hope you enjoy living with your obese mother.

>and it wont' happen here
OW YES SIR, THAT SHIT DOES NOT FLY IN HERE
*leans back*

>But but but they'll come back because I said so!!!

eymanelmaskchusummin

Hey I just noticed the TWD fakebook page has lost at least 10 million followers. It used to be in the high 40's, almost 50 million. Now it's in the low 30's and dropping fast.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!

Fat slob

>so what's the next step of your master plan?
>shutting this shit down - with no exceptions

That's definitely a bad sign.

wew

hopefully this forces amc to stop being greedy jews and make a change

samefaggu

What killed this show for you?

Was it Glenn's miraculous dumpster diving incident?

Was it the Season 6 finale?

Was it the Season 7 premiere?

Was it all of Season 7?

Was it bad characters like Enid?

What made you stop watching shit show like so many others have done this year?

damn somebody is triggered hard over TWD tonight huh lads?

>What made you stop watching shit show like so many others have done this year?
>what made you stop watching shit show
>watching shit show

Finally dropped this show this season and it feels great. Thanks shitty, try hard actor playing Negan. Thanks pussy Rick. Thanks endlessly retarded characters and plotlines. You finally set me free.

Yeah, TWD fags are in full panic mode now that millions of people have dropped the show.

Nope. Sorry faggot.

Bump.

Holy shit... these midgets make Rick "my wife's son" Grimes not look like a manlet

That's not even true you fucking cucks

Last I looked was over a year ago and it was 30 million. Now it's 35 million.

>blowing ratings drop out of proportion
>completely making shit up

kek, pathetic

>They're gone and they ain't coming back.

Used to be almost 50 now it's in the low 30s

Cry some more fanboy.

Should I even bother watching the episode tonight? I just bought some new vidya games and after the disappointment that was the last 2 episodes I'm considering just giving it up

Kek

I don't know man. The whole season has been pretty rough. Not really feeling it.

>he thinks he's a proficient samefagger

JDM is not good in this role at all. He's not a bad actor and he showed impressive range as The Comedian, but he's so bad here. I cringe every time he's on screen. I think he just isn't being directed well and the character is written as a mustache twirling caricature so that doesn't help.

That on top of all the other shitty/circular plots that go nowhere and idiotic characters who would have never made it this long in a post-apocalyptic hellhole was the feather that broke the camel's back for me.