W/ - Westworld General

Previous thread Maeve is thankfully still a slave edition

Logan

God made all of us. We are all technically hosts. No one is actually real.

Maeve blew out white bois hard in this episode

>she still couldn't leave the facility

she's literally a nigger though

So is Felix going to get fired?

Asian masculinity must be so mad that Felix is the show doormat

>lead to the death of several people and the almost-death of your close co-worker/friend
>basically be a dog to this robot thing
>doesn't even get a quick fuck
>watches his robofu kiss some literally sculpted adonis

>let me just cut all these plot threads that made anything interesting in this series by cutting them with the dullest spoon available called bad exposition.
>season two: walking dead but with ROBOTS
suck a fucking cock nolanbro

You are literally mad.

>season two: walking dead but with ROBOTS

Have you seen the leaked script?

>yfw you'll still tune in and watch

Friendly reminder to check out Talos Principle if you're into the philosophical part of the show.

probably just rolled back and wiped.
funny how newly realized robots achieving consciousness still rely on minority oppression to accomplish their goals.

Any webms of the blonde host naked? Especially the shot where you can see her merkin.

Reminder: park 1 is Samuraiworld

Serious question : What was the point of those few extra seconds of footage after the credits of Snakefu chopping off her own arm? If anything it just highlighted how retarded that escape sequence was because multiple guards armed with automatic assault rifles couldn't even hit a woman pinned into place by a massive door.

why is delos security so retarded?

why even have real bullets?

conscious

Just to confirm that she's alive (working), duh

A lot of things happened in the finale, many things that Sup Forums wanted to happen or predicted, but wow was that underwhelming.

The actual most boring outcome that could possibly happen was a violent robot uprising. That's so generic. It's not something more philosophical or the clash of two ideals like Ford vs Arnold. Hell, Ford basically is Arnold. The whole back and forth between them was so shittily manufactured.

Even the reveal of Dolores becoming 'conscious' was so fucking ambiguous. What allowed her to hear herself as her own voice of reasoning/though?

fan service? because apparently we are supposed to care about the robits with tits.

felix is the pinnacle of humanity
>compassion
>altruism
>loyalty

MiB = Logan

Probably to show that Lee and the others still in the base aren't safe

>a frog is conscious

wat

>What allowed her to hear herself as her own voice of reasoning/though?

Would help if you paid attention to the show.

wow nice one, haven't heard that line in a billion and a half threads about shitty movies

that merkin was fucking gross.
S2E04, Maeve's host army needs more recruits so they break into ShogunWorld to get some cannon fodder samurai only to find that snakefu is literally shogun of the entire facility and all the samurai now have P90's and katanas

Yes, a frog is conscious, just not self-conscious.

There was something wrong with how that merkin looked.

my parents fucking made me

>season 2 comes out
>it's even better
>Sup Forums unironically says how Season 1 was the best
screenshot this for when season 2 comes out

in fact screenshot this for whenever anything has a sequel

it's conscious in the sense that it's awake, but not in the sense of actually having consciousness.
which is what anyone would mean by "being conscious".

it was fucking retarded

So that was Ford's robot clone right?

I think it was really good, but the end was such a cockblock. If this show was entirely about AI gaining consciousness no one would watch it; the suspense was great because you knew shit was going to hit the fan. You'd think they could have given us at least a minute of the bloodbath or something.

Also have no idea what Ford had planned for Maeve, I thought she was gonna be the one who killed the board but nah.

Would've been more interesting for Maeve to actually escape and we follow her arc throughout the real world but this is fine also, as long as shes around I enjoy her character.

so his master plan was what arnold wanted all along?

lel
are we all just fucking masochists to have finished this pile of dogshit and begging for more?

SW = Shrink Wray

1:1 fags BTFO

yeah but who made your parents? and their parents? and follow that thread all the way to the beginning

Even if the completely random universe made you, you are simply a puppet to the infinite amount of happenstance that made the person who 'you' are. There is no you. There is only the result of everything else.

Okay I'll spoonfeed you. The reason Dolores was able to come to consciousness was cause of all the forced trauma and sadness she'd been put through. This point was hammered home a lot in this episode and throughout the season, about how tragedies are the anchors to someone's personality and the choices they make from then on, Dolores remembered all her past lives and sadnesses and thus became self aware of who she was. That's what the idea of the maze was.

I feel sorry for Man in Black. All he wanted is to make vidya real. Is this too much to ask?

Didn't this cesspool say the same thing about True Detective as well?

And also killing the board with no survivors

>There was something wrong with how that merkin looked.

I need to... examine it... more closely to determine what exactly.

Why are you here?

>Samurai World
that sounds fucking retarded

Westworld makes sense. It's set in the west. Samuraiworld would be like calling Westworld "Cowboyworld" It's not all about Cowboys.

No, in cognitive science this distinction is important, if you want to understand other things like dreaming, out-of-body-experiences, Cotard's syndrome, etc.

POST YOUR REACTION WHEN IT TURNED OUT THAT MAEVE WASN'T WOKE AT ALL BUT JUST ANOTHER PUPPET

ShrinkWorld you ninny

>it's even better
>without Hopkins

no

was getting killed part of his plan?

Shogun World

It's Sinoworld.

humanity is overrated

How did they build a fake ocean in the middle of the desert?

P90's that shoot Katanas

>cognitive
>science

oh boy

thus became self aware of who she was
Except she didn't. She STILL isn't self-conscious. She, along with many other hosts, are now just programmed to kill a bunch of real people.

Did her own voice tell her to commit mass murder? Who is Dolores then? Was it the farmer girl or this new person who kills without restraint?

pic related

While that sounds a bit better, it's still stupid for the same reason.

I am here to apologize to all those who insisted that William was the Man in Black around episodes 4 through 6 when I vehemently said there was no way and if it happened it would be stupid.

You were all right and it was done pretty well.

the ocean was real and the desert was fake

The same way they built AI with human-like features.

Why did he call her a black male? Did he know that she used to be Charlie?

user, not being able to see the other shore != ocean.

Boot strapped consciousness bro.

It's actually a puddle, and everything else has been shrunk around it.

because it takes place on another terraformed planet

>The actual most boring outcome that could possibly happen was a violent robot uprising. That's so generic. It's not something more philosophical or the clash of two ideals like Ford vs Arnold. Hell, Ford basically is Arnold. The whole back and forth between them was so shittily manufactured.
It's funny that people are bitching about the robot uprising when it hasn't actually happened yet. Arguably it's started, but we have no idea how things are going to go down in Season 2. I'm also not sold that Ford's plan was what we've been lead to believe. Ford in this episode seems radically different from the Ford who killed the corporate chick. I think this is an elaborate plan to regain total control of Delos.

>and it was done pretty well.

Dude wtf, I swear Hosts couldn't kill guests within the world. mentioned bullets feeling like punches. But somehow it works when Dolores kills everyone

Anyone has magnet link of the episode?

>hurr durr i am 16 and play silly word games to discredit science

I already spoonfed you and you still don't get it? She is self-conscious and she's consciously making the decision to kill humans. Bernard is also self-conscious.

When Dolores kills a bunch of hosts, you mean?

>it was done pretty well
>literally just exposition 30 years out
>"Oh yeah and I killed my brother-in-law"
>also everything in this world stayed the same for 30 years

The robot rising was QUITE LITERALLY the only place they could go with a premise like this. Literally the only place.

just another shrug and an "i guess so, why not" from the writer's room

>she's consciously making the decision to kill humans
Yep, this makes total sense. Farmer girl dolores became conscious and now she's mass murdering dolores despite just a scene earlier, Ford tells her that her killing people was still just code Arnold put in her.

She killed Arnold, Ford and basically everyone in the fucking final dinner thing.

Idiots.

She used the gun that Arnold gave her which I assume was a real gun. Also seems that Ford gave his new narrative hosts real guns too since MIB got capped

security is obviously all robots dude.

those were all robots

>The robot rising was QUITE LITERALLY the only place they could go with a premise like this. Literally the only place.
Especially since it was the whole premise of the movie...

those arent assault rifles they are SMGs

>it's the plot of this really old movie
>that's not generic and boring decades later though

>She used the gun that Arnold
There was never any mention of Real Guns vs. Fake Guns.

Tell me exactly where it was said that "oh don't worry in here we use fake guns"

Just like Will the Cuck, she "found herself" through mass murder.

The only people who weren't a robot were William and Ford, and now that Ford killed himself using Dolores, there are now only hosts left in the world.

Except for William. He's going to be a one man apocalypse.

She has been able to hurt/kill humans since very early on. The first clue was when she killed the fly (the flies aren't hosts).

I really hopped that Westworld would be more of an exploration of themes of narrative conventions. A bit disappointed that Nolan decided to bring in his cartful of machine worshippers from Person of Interest.

It's an adaptation. Complaining about that is like watching Jurassic Park: The TV Show and going "The dinosaurs escape and kill everyone? How fucking tired."

>>Did her own voice tell her to commit mass murder?
Yes.

what happened to maeve? did she just shut down?

All this arguing over how the "killing system" works is useless until there's some canon info on it.

It would help a lot instead of jerking off if you paid attention to the show. Someone in the other thread complained that this show "gave you everything" but I see people like you still struggling with basic concepts.

>Farmer girl

She was never just a farmer girl, she lived many past lives and in those lives she killed dozens and dozens of other hosts (you'd know this if you watched the damn show)

>It's just lines of code

It'd help if you researched into what a neural network is, you might learn something new.

Holy shit dude, did you watch the show at all?

Sunriseworld.

You know. Because it's set in sunrise land.

If they are going to adapt it, don't start off with something more interesting and then regress

>a one man apocalypse.