John Marston is a big guy I guess

John Marston is a big guy I guess.
Is red dead redemption the kino of games?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F8taheS34qE
youtube.com/watch?v=2VmPN1zNzqg&list=ELoRHs5qCnNlk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

RDR is straight kino. One of the coolest portrayals of Mexico in a video game, and John Marston is a great tragic character. The shit between him and his son and his wife near the last half of the game always makes me sad. Nigga just wants to put that shit behind him and be a good family man, but he can't.

RIP ;-;

>God Tier
Literature
Music
Film
Painting

>High Tier
Fashion design
Sculpture
Photography
Architecture
Industrial design
Textiles
Theater

>Mid Tier
Calligraphy
Dance
Cuisine
Interior design (as a concept)
Conceptual art
Graphic design

>Useless Shit Tier
Television
Ceramics
Glassware
Woodworking
Printmaking
Jewelry
Fretwork
Metal work
Ivory Carving

>Not Even Art Tier
Videogames

Put cuisine in god tier, woodworking in mid tier, and conceptual art in useless shit tier and you've got a great list.

>Music
>Art

86 points has no balls :DD

Real Vidya Kino

There is literally no difference between film and television, retard.

>music
>not art

retard alert

>sculpture
>not god tier
This triggers me the most

I know this is bait but video games are indeed art, or at least they have artistic qualities.

I actually agree with this.

youtube.com/watch?v=F8taheS34qE

Gave me goosebumps the first time I finished the game.

>fashion design
t. faggot

Found the IQLET
Video games can NEVER be considered art. Even if a video game has a an excellent narrative, soundtrack, or visuals it still isn't art. Video games are games, that is to say you play a video game to win, as it is a game just like Monopoly or chess. You don't play a video game to appreciate the narrative, that's what film and literature are for. Games are not art. Games serve a completely different function than art does.

>You don't play a video game to appreciate the narrative, that's what film and literature are for.

I think we know who the real IQlet here is.

I've never played this but I remember that guy from cracked said it was better than heart of darkness and apocalypse now.

They're on an equal footing and serve different purposes. Where The Line shines is the level of immersion in the story you get.

The game forces you to kill people and then goes "WHO IS THE REAL MONSTER HUH?!"

>Is red dead redemption the kino of games?
No, Alan Wake is. Night Springs > Cucked Mirror

youtube.com/watch?v=2VmPN1zNzqg&list=ELoRHs5qCnNlk

It's taking the piss out of games that basically have you genocide entire populations without much consequence. Movies force you to watch mass murderers basically kill small towns worth of people and consider them the "good guys".

>The game forces you to kill people

Konrad said it best.

>What happened here was out of my control!
>Was it? None of this would have happened if you'd just stopped!

Nobody was forcing you to finish the game. You could have just walked away. But you wanted to finish the game and finish the story. And in that process, you became in part responsible for the actions of Captain Walker, who could have been left in limbo instead of becoming a monster.