youtube.com/watch?v=ya7h344Mk38
youtube.com/watch?v=soI5XHdoxmg
youtube.com/watch?v=-Lo4embhBxM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

American """""""music"""""""

*facepalm*

>this kills the alt right

this read like a Sup Forums parody

White people live longer than blacks because we're smart enough to not pull a gun on a cop.

We also don't try to resist arrest.

That's an awfully hot coffee pot
Should I drop it on Donald Trump?
Probly not

Slim Shady more like Shalom Shekely

the worst album ever made by someone who once achieved true musical greatness

It's actually 4D RAP

How do you go from trolling and offending everyone and everything like a madman

to this

tell me this is not real

because everyone is fucking sensitive now

its disgusting how Hip Hop is the new pussy genre, rappers conforming to liberal teenagers on Twitter

Even if you were black and avoided doing any of those things, do you honestly believe that cops won't find some excuse to arrest you?

And by the way, can we go one thread with this album without discussing politics? There are only 3 tracks that even remotely talk about the issue.

this is em being out of touch with young ppl

>do you honestly believe that cops won't find some excuse to arrest you?
This is the mentality that gets people like you arrested and shot in the first place.

im black and I understand that some cops will give you shit for no reason, maybe skin color influenced, but thats just life.

Everyone is prejudice towards people, its almost impossible not to be. Deal with it and move on

Eminem's latest and greatest blunder

Name of track?

>i din do nufin offica

rekt himself
which only he could

are you this fucking retarded and lazy to where you cant type one of the lines into google?

>start album talking about how irreverent you are
>tracks on album are just for the current trend
>KIM I'M SO SORRY
>HAILEY I'M SO SORRY

what on earth

holy fuck

how can you be so vested in something that literally does not even concern you at all
this would be ridiculous coming from a black guy anyways

YOU GOT BUNS I GOT ASPERGERS

>I wonder if we hire more black cops, the crap stops
No, actually. Black cops have just as many incidents with black people as white cops.

Just the AOTY.

A better question is why is there a Pink song on it?

>lol, caring about other people

Is it "Smart Girls" bad?

Got em

Only good songs are framed, arose, castle and offended

>the booty is so heavy duty it feels like diarrhea

tfw eminem fanboy before anyone else i know was
tfw this makes me cringe
why did he make this shit

he lost the plot tbqh desu famalam
though i still need to give it a good listen all the way through, the first impression tells me enough

>eminem is a rapper who made it by being white
>he was shunned by the black community

>I'M PRIVILEGED WAH
>PLEASE KIM KEK ME WAH

the 90s were a better, happier, simpler time

feels like none of the 'social issues' that libshits have unearthed have gotten any better than in the 90s, but everyone back then was more chill

now everyone is tense and reacting to each other, and it's an escalating thing

politics aside, musically it just sounds like shit. its incredibly grating

>the 90s were a better, happier, simpler time

lmao

guarantee you weren't alive in the 90s

He thinks hes black.

>lol, caring about other people
Fuck off dumb faggot.

HOW DARE ZE LIBRLUS POP MY PEACEFUL BUBBLE, CAN'T NIGGERS JUST DIE IN PEACE WITHOUT MAKING A FUSS ABOUT IT? CAN'T BITCHES JUST LET ME GRAB THEM?

Also it's like your dumb ass forgot LA riots.

Believe and Chloraseptic are growing on me after the 10th listen. And the In Your Head hook is hard to get out of the head.
Besides, second part of Untouchable is fire.

i love you em but pls never make a politically fueled album like this again

desu im pretty sure interscope told him to make a 'political' album before the end of 2017 because the entire album seems scatterbrained/painfully uninspired. for a political album there's way too many cheap love songs and not enough actual tracks about politics. some of the lines directed at trump, especially the one calling him a nazi is forced as fuck. i'm pretty sure the hate/backlash from this album will set him back on track like it did with relapse but fuck what do i know, he's pretty much always in the studio anyway. one of the biggest problems with this album was that dre was absent for pretty much the entirety of the production, and he's his biggest critic. he's back now, it seems

>you got buns
>I GOT ASPERGERS

this verse is being rapped from the perspective of a black dude btw, as with the first one being rapped from the perspective of a racist white cop

>politically fueled
Have you actually listened to it? There are 2 political tracks out of 17. If anything it's not political enough. TES had 4ish and Encore 3 with bonus tracks. Shit, you even realize yourself that it's not actually political.

If he'd actually made political tracks instead 4 about fake relationships, Revival could've been a fantastic album. A man nearing his 50, coming from the bottom and living in these times, should talk about the world instead of fantasising about big bootie and fake tits.

He has been so successful when being political in the past, that's what's so gutwrenching about this.

>White America
>My Dad's Gone Crazy
>Square Dance
>Mosh
>We as Americans

This is just objectively shit, and furthermore, Like Home goes back and contradicts his positions in White America.

This album is SO bad, it DETRACTS from his prior work.

>Like Home goes back and contradicts his positions in White America
Such as?

It's a horrible track for sure but his positions never really changed sans gun rights.

White America:

America! Ha ha ha! We love you
How many people are proud to be citizens
Of this beautiful country of ours, the stripes and the stars
For the rights that men have died for to protect?
The women and men who have broke their necks
For the freedom of speech the United States government has sworn to uphold… or so we're told

Like Home (as sung by Alicia Keys)

I won't give up
I won't give up on my home, that so many died for
You already know that I won't give up
I won't give up on my home, that so many died for
You already know
There's no place like home, no place like home
Wherever I go, no place like home
No place like home, no place like home
Wherever I go

So has it been "the Divided States of Embarrassment" since forever or has DRUMPF ruined the country you used to love? In WA he is satirizing the very rhetoric he espouses in that bridge sung by Keys.

Has his position changed regarding gun rights?

it's only a bad country when a republican is in office :^)

He ends White America with "I am just kidding, I love you, America."
It's a very tongue in cheek track with Eminem humour flowing through almost every verse (actually similar to Untouchable, hence the messages too)

In Like Home, he's ... saying the things he'd say but in such a painfully generic way without the cheek or humour, or aggression. It's just painfully shit, but the message is consistent from both tracks, basically: "Murica sucks, Trump made it even worse, but he still loves it"

I recall reading an interview where he got much more critical about gun rights after Proof and Obie getting shot.

Do people really think that Eminem was at any point a truly good artist?

It's pretty similar to his stance on Detroit too. It's a fucked up mess of a city, but he still loves it because he grew up there.

The Marshall Mathers LP is a great album.

Yes, me
t. OP

Yes, that's what thugs would say.

Not the music you need
Let one Oz save you

youtube.com/watch?v=WymgZtZPFlo

ofc i've listened to it, it's moreso disguised as a political album which disappoints me the most. especially since we've had tracks like white america/mosh/square dance in the past, i figured this album could have been pretty powerful but nah i only pulled around six or seven tracks from it that i'd actually throw into any sort of playlist

the next album needs a solid hip-hop focus for sure, fuck these pop features. jesus christ. the talent's CLEARLY there as he's shown in features and even on the album, i just don't know what he's doing with it.

I thought the ending meant that he meant nothing of what he said too, until I went back to kill you

>I'm just playing, ladies, you know I love you.

It seems to be something he says that he doesn't mean, and in fact uses it to cement what he was saying while maintaining a veneer of "lol just jokes" given how much he fucking hated his mother at the time of recording Kill You.

d e c a d e n t

His rhyme schemes and flow are legitimately top 5 of all time status. Not to say that every single one of his songs counts as godlike, but songs like Infinite, Stay Wide Awake, All I Think About, Biterphobia and Just Don't Give a Fuck make it clear that, when it comes to the shit he's good at, he's one of the best.

To be fair though, his lyrical content is pretty hit and miss. He also can't make or choose a half decent beat to save his fucking life.

When has he ever shit one Detroit though? He says it's dilapidated and run over by poverty, but he loves it because that's where he's from and what made him.

in White America he's just shitting on the US for trying to censor him (cue the end: "Fuck you miss Cheney! Fuck you, Tipper Gore) and if you watch the Music Video you'll see the laundry list of shit he hates about the US (police brutality, censorship under "Parental Advisory", excessive militarism, etc)

Objectively, he's top 3. His positioning within that top 3 is subjective.

The obvious potential is the most annoying thing about it. If he were clearly past it and just went with a shitty album, one could just see that he's not giving a fuck anymore. Instead he teasing his skills and passion on one track only to shit in your ears with the next one.

There is quite a fat line between hating your mother and wanting to rape her. Besides Kill You wasn't just about that but basically mix up of tons of offensive shit just for the sake of it. I don't find it too hard to separate the emotional honesty when it comes to feelings about his mother with all the random lines for the sake of a rhyme.

The jokey stuff tends to be completely over the top, say:
>But it was: I singled out a whole race
>And for that I apologize, I was wrong
>‘Cause no matter what color a girl is, she's still a ho
Outside of the statement being ridiculous, there is also the fact that he loves his daughter, making clear it's just clowning.

fuck I tagged the wrong post, I'm a retard.

see

I take this as a reference to Foolish Pride, that extremely shitty song he made in 1988 where he calls all black chicks gold diggers and shit and all white girls are A-OK.

youtube.com/watch?v=ya7h344Mk38

IMO the line still stands, because he's saying all races produce ho's.

D-D-D-D-DRUMPFFFFFFFFFFFFFF ORNAGE CHEETO MAN BleKASEHJASEHffh.....errrrghhhhhh..... BLOMP.........RUSSIA

No brain activity here!

Eh, I read it more of "all girls are ho's" for the comedic effect, helping him to balance an apology and still sounding like his raw self.

Also it's funny how the "oh, oh, oh, oh foolish pride" hook is actually fine but the lyrics are just cringe even if you ignore the racism.

Also let's not forget, it's the guy who meant Kim as a love song.

>The obvious potential is the most annoying thing about it. If he were clearly past it and just went with a shitty album, one could just see that he's not giving a fuck anymore. Instead he teasing his skills and passion on one track only to shit in your ears with the next one.

which makes me think he was forced to make this album by the end of 2017. the hurried mess of a marketing campaign kind of suggests that as well, the cover art was only JUST being finished up shortly before the official announcement of the album. that says something.

in interviews he hasn't really been confident regarding the album either. you can just tell, he isn't even bothering to promote it. instead of being proud about the album when asked about he, he said he'll 'have to see what the reactions like' or something like that. i think we'll get something a lot more impressive from him by the end of 2018, or mid 2019. like what happened with recovery following the backlash from relapse.

Lol Foolish pride is probably one of the worst rap songs I've ever heard. But I think that my original point, namely that the guy has 180'd and become some weird fucking center-right, US democrat social issue liberal, stands.

I came to the conclusion the other day that Like Home sounds like a fucking song he'd ghostwrite for a late night show host like James Cordyn or

>shudders

Colbert.

for all of you who think he lost it, this was only 3 years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=soI5XHdoxmg

no idea why the BET cypher wasn't structured like this

This is really good. Is it just pure Trump derangement syndrome?

Well, he had 4 fuckings year, given his passion, I am surprised he only started in 2016. The marketing campaign was all over the place for sure, his first two freestyles hinted a political album, then the medicament shit started and then WoW with Em whining about expectations.

Though when it comes to the interview, it seems Marshall being Marshall. He just isn't a confident guy outside the booth. I am so looking forward for his reaction if the sales are as shitty as predicted, though at the same time it's hard to imagine he could really sell as few as 300k in first week. Even a double album with only Fack on it should beat that.

>But I think that my original point, namely that the guy has 180'd and become some weird fucking center-right, US democrat social issue liberal, stands.
Well, that seemed to happen way before. He sounded pretty much the same from SSLP on when it comes to politics. Basically your average guy who cares about social issues, poorfags and freedom of speech, without going too much into details. He watches CNN and Fox for fucks sake, so can't expect much either.

At least Like Home would fit there. Would look fine as a feature for someone else too.

BET cypther was aimed at your average person, hence it needed to be easy digestible and quotable. Do you think non rap listeners would be able to follow him going all out? Campaign Speech didn't trend as much either because it was too complex.

B A R S

A

R

S

>but I may fight for gay rights, specially if they are dykes

youtube.com/watch?v=-Lo4embhBxM
How did he get so bad so fast?

>"So what I’m looking for — whatever the response or the sales — is things I did right or things I could’ve improved musically. I’m critical of myself and I’m always trying to figure out how to do better."
Didn't people complain about pop features back on Recovery already?

man even Sup Forums took on Sup Forums bullshit of shitting on everything that's new and popular. this crap shitted up Sup Forums too with justice league and star wars.

Why does he move his hand like that. It's annoying me

Bruh I showed you the bit of White America that satirizes the views that he has Alicia Keys express on Like Home. If one fits into his political views than the other doesn't IMO

It generally happens on 4chains. Besides, JL got shitted on everywhere, and EP VIII pissed of tons of old fans outside of Sup Forums ... kinda like Revival.

It's just your average love - hate relationship many people have with their country. You're reading too much into it, mate.

absolute garbage

It's called rap hands. Fidgeting your hands to the beat of the music makes it easier to recall rhymes and stay on beat.

adding on: it's like a visual metronome

Even j Cole wouldn't write this and he mentioned protesting trump on a Miguel song about trying to fuck strippers.

Maybe. It did add to my distaste of this song and record though.

The rap at the end is > Revival

youtube.com/watch?v=WymgZtZPFlo

Well, we can agree that it's a horrible track for sure. Probably one of his worst.

>polyinstrumentalist
>doesn't know how to mix so his vocals are being drowned out.

why?

>can we go one thread with this album without discussing politics?
This is what Em wants us to do

There are an awful lot of cuts for this being a "freestyle"

>Go buy Revival now.
>"Or don't, I'm gonna go try on my shoes."

He had 4 years, sure. But a lot of that was taken up with producing a movie (Bodied), Shady XV, along with apparent family drama amongst other things. Kim tried killing herself in 2015 so that obviously put him in a fucked headspace where he also needed to be for his daughter more than ever.

the dude who chopped up em's part cut away all the bits where he stepped away from the camera. that being said, this was recorded in 2 takes afaik, hence the hand movements not matching up

>tfw jaden smith made a better album than eminem

JADEN "HOW CAN MIRRORS BE REAL IF OUR EYES ARENT REAL" SMITH

MADE A BETTER HIP HOP ALBUM

THAN EMINEM

Makes it less impressive for sure. Should have just left it alone unless Eminem really can't freestyle well

Because it's how God wants the song don't ya know.

and hopsin and tyler the creator

>tyler
absolutely agree, 100%
>hopsin
okay hang on let's not get crazy

>SUCCY SUCCY

Eminem is going to have to release Foolish Pride 2 to be worse than that

Ah true, damn I totally forgot about Kim doing it again. It's impressive that he found a woman more cray than he ever was. Though at least when it comes to his daughters, there is probably less to do these days, two are pretty much adults.

Maybe the shitty rollout is due Paul going to Def Jam and probably taking Shady with him? Though it seems still weird just to blow this chance and risk the reputation. Most artists don't have the luxury to take as much time, and when they do people tend to expect quite a lot.