Epics

Is this the greatest Epic Film ever made? Also, general Epic Movie thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_film
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yep, trips don't lie

Reminder that Lawrence was a tyrant who was one of the many reasons why the shithole known as Saudi Arabia exists today.

what defines an epic film?

Really? He had that much of an effect?

The guy is over exaggerating. Yes he was one of the elements but by his understanding at the time, he was helping rebels against the Ottomans. How was he supposed to know that the people he was helping would turn the place into a wahabbist shithole.

would it be better under command of the Turks?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_film

Lawrence operated mainly in the modern day countries of Jordan and Syria, it's not his fault sandniggers from the Rub al Khali overran regions where oil was later discovered.

>would it be better under command of the Turks?

Actually yes. This is the Ottoman empire not Erdogan. They were not wahabbists at the time but the Bedouins were full on snackbar even back then. Saudi Arabia would've been Turkey under Ataturk. Imagine that a secular Arabia.

I'll give you Syria but Jordan has always been a wahabbist shithole just like Saudi Arabia. The only difference being that they present themselves in a more western manner. But everything is the same behind closed doors. Sorry but Lawrence helped the bad side. Period.

I like The Sand Pebbles more

Impossible. Wahabbists have been around since the 1800s.

Yes look at these Wahhabis
Besides you're a moron if you think Hussein or Abdullah were Wahhabis, Wahhabism has always been a Saudi shitfest

Forgot pic

>Look at this perfectly posed photo. We're totally not full islamists guys we let our women wear what they want.

Well certainly one of the greatest epic movies ever made, but I like Kurosawa's RAN more.

1, 19 and 18 are kind of cute

They're far more liberal than Iran which is anti-Wahhabist

Both are fucked in my opinion. One just shows it out to the world, the other disguises. In fact the ones that disguise themselves are the worst of all.

How else are football players supposed to pose?

Sorry man I just dont buy it. All arab fucks are the same and eventually will revert back to their shitty tactics.

t. historically illiterate

Lawrence helped the Hashimi tribe, nice the Saudis, who were pushing the Hashimi from the Hijaz. The Hashimi were "moderate" and current residents of the Hijaz old enough to remember their control lament the Saudis since they can't hold hands in public with their significant others and women can't travel alone.

The British basically ignored the Saudis taking power because they didn't pose a threat to them and were amenable to their designs on oil but Lawrence himself knew that they were wack.

Superb OST, but it can feel like a chore to watch.

>and eventually will revert back to their shitty tactics.
Paganism?

No, proper Islam

HELLA
F*CKING
EPIC

Paganism