Oh god I wasn't ready for these feels

Great movie

Thoughts on The Wrestler?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BOhMdalXbd4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Should have won the oscar over Poodog Millionaire. Wasn't even nominated

That ending tho

It takes a special brand of magnificence to upstage even the great Jack Nicholson, but that's precisely what Mickey Rourke did with his cameo in The Pledge (2000)

Best movie of 2008. Best Aronofsky movie. Best performance of the year and one of the best performances of the last decade. Bonus: sexy Marisa Tomei is also good and so is Evan Rachel Wood.

Was a great movie

>tfw The Wrestler and Gran Torino got snubbed for Oscars
>tfw feel good garbage like Slumdog Millionaire won best picture over actual amazing dramas
This was when I knew the academy had shit taste in film, I honestly don't understand how they could overlook such powerful films for some forgettable bollywood tripe.

I don't care what anybody says, Marisa Tomei earned her oscar fair and square.

i think i would appreciate this film more if rourke didn't look like a plastic disaster

Hit me in the feels, I'll admit. Very underrated movie. Rourke surprisingly killed it.

I think his appearance actually made the movie more believable since he got plastic surgery due to being in some heavy boxing matches during his prime.
He's supposed to look like a washed up has-been wrestler and captures the look perfectly, check out the old dudes from WWE and WWF.

I thought that was more or less the point. He's an aged pro-wrestler from the 80s. Weren't you paying attention?

It's not even Bollywood tripe, it was straightforward Hollywood bullshit dressed up in exotic foreign clothing. Take the setting out of India and you've got a trashy January-release chick flick

>RAM JAM RAM JAM RAM JAM
;_;

My dick wasn't ready for those eraser tips.

Word to all of that

This, but plebs will say The Dark Knight was better.

did he die in the end?

what a good movie, daysue fampie

Probably.

For his sake, I hope so.

It's interesting as a reminder that no matter what a dipshit Mickey Rourke makes of himself you can't completely write him off.

really felt bad after the ending so fucking bummed out

then I saw my Eddie Guerrero figures at my room, cried ;_;

Daily reminder that Rourkes character is practically based off Jake the Snake

youtube.com/watch?v=BOhMdalXbd4

I always felt for the snake getting chucked around.

don't worry, it was always doped up good and proper

so much this

The movie was depressing, and it didn't show wrestling in any positive light.

And fuck you Vince Russo.

DAIRY QUEEN!
DAIRY QUEEN!
DAIRY QUEEN!

>Best movie of 2008. Best Aronofsky movie. Best performance of the year and one of the best performances of the last decade.
Pretty much this.

That was his last chance. Mickey came back and wasted it all again, lol. He's an alcoholic and crazy.
He shouldn't be given a second chance.

Perfectly executed. Movie set itself a goal and perfectly executed it. So good that movies like 'Crazy Heart' try to capture the same emotion and woefully fall short.

It made roddy pipper cry.
He (and a few others) said it was perfect and captures the downs that their profession produces almost to a T.

And for that, Its a 10/10 for me because while I enjoyed the movie, its extremely rare for people in the professions movies portray that say that its as close to real as you can get.

Fun Fact: The wrestling video game in the movie, Wrestle Jam, was a playable game made especially for the movie. It didn't run on an NES but was controlled by NES controllers.