Album that first got you 'into' music

Album that first got you 'into' music

I must have been 13 when I first found this. Can't stand it anymore.

I didn't actually begin listening to music until this album dropped last year and I went to Sup Forums for the first time to see what everyone thought of it.

Then I stayed and began going through the motions.

same, first album I ever downloaded. Before that I had an Eminem show cd that my dad ripped to my MP3 player along with a couple other singles. I think I also had that Rihanna album with her in that tight dress

8th grade

The Mortal Kombat soundtrack

Ayy, that album was big for me too. I remember being one of those "rap is crap" fuckers that run rampant around here. Anyway I tried that album out on a whim when it came out. Mainly because Ratatat and MGMT were on the album and I really liked them. Album blew my mind, made me realize I was pointlessly dismissing an entire genre. That album saved me dude. I might be an incel fucker frogposting "retards attemtping poetry" without it.

5th grade. I liked other music before, but this was the first album

>going through the motions
stop right now and leave Sup Forums, then develop and actual taste in your own type of music through exploring your own artists and then come back. Sup Forumstants who go through the motions from day one are the most cancerous listeners and usually have relatively undeveloped tastes, they always circlejerk the same old artists and visit the same old sites, find your own way first.

Sup Forums is a great place to discover a whole world of music you didn't think existed. stop being a wiener.

Got some really happy memories associated with these.

>floating towards the sun section is not goat

right but it's the same world of music every other person who comes here discovers, and because of that it becomes this hivemind where you go into a chart thread and all the charts look the exact same.
Music listeners should either develop their own taste in music before coming here or take Sup Forums essentials, AOTY threads, and other dumb shit like that worth a grain of salt

you're looking at it through a lens of someone whos been here a long time. for instance, I've been here 10 years, and mostly what you say is true, but I still consistently run into names I've never heard of. and fuck, the first month I was here? totally blown away by the Sup Forumscore chart. you can't find most of that music by accident you know. it's just so different when you haven't been down the rabbit hole yet.

stop being so jaded..

I had already shed the more entry-level works lauded here probably like 7 or 8 months ago as I began finding out more and more what sounds I was interested in exploring further.

I found that selection of Sup Forumscore and sub-Sup Forumscore does contain a wide enough array of moods/sounds that give you a sizable enough hint for you to decide what genres you want to pursue further.

Only interesting picks so far.

And RYM was a very helpful tool. Now I'm mostly all about skramz, dub/detroit techno, and BM

TI Guy here, I fucking fell in love with Discovery around the same time.

I dunno, I probably do seem jaded. Maybe it's because when I first came here I couldn't stand the Sup Forumscore chart, still can't really, lots of overrated music on there imo. It feels like because of the circle jerk of these albums, whether deserving of it or not, they are always put on this pedestal where they block out a lot of other really good albums people could be listening to. And that never really ends until the listener becomes bored with the albums, but since we are always getting new people here they always go straight to the charts and the cycle continues, putting these albums higher and higher up the rankings to where they don't really belong

sorry for my gay blog

>sorry for my gay blog
its ok dude. anyway seems like you care a little too much about what other people are doing. music is a personal thing. it's all head-canon baby

Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
Meshuggah - obZen

I only come here every couple of months so it is that way for the time I'm here because I'm always disappointed coming back but for the most part I don't worry

Niice. Deerhunter was one of the best things I listened to from the Sup Forumscore chart when I got here. Microcastle is GOAT

>Judas Priest - Unleashed in the East
this is the quintessential rock album