Syfy sci-fi

When can we expect The Expanse, Dark Matter, and Killjoys to be back?

>The Expanse

late 2017

don't care for the rest.

Dark Matter is all about the QTs

Expanse season 2 starts Feb 2017.

Netflix also took over the series from Syfi.

hoping for dark matter soon, its starting to come into its own a bit more and fuck that cliffhanger

>Netflix also took over the series from Syfi.
this is probably a good thing tbqh

>the two black characters are the most likely to be dead
lel

i hope they let the black chick die, she's pointless and i don't like her

Is the Expanse worth watching?

>Wanting any of the qts to die

You disgust me. I hope none of them die and they continue on their adventure.

The real question is when is the Killjoys-Dark Matter crossover?

Read the books first imo, a TV show can't do it justice, but for what it is, pretty good. Better than Dark Waifu.\

Also one of those things you really should binge.

I dont fucking like that "future-sight" bullshit. It is starwars-tier. Keep that magic bullshit on fantasy shows.

Dark Matter is garbage.
The Expanse is the only good thing.

Unfortunately I cannot read

man, i tried watching the first episode of Dark Matter and the first fifteen minutes or so were so dire i had to stop. the fight scenes were poorly choreographed - three of them in ten minutes. the dialogue extremely poor, and the music so damn intrusive. what's the appeal of this? does the show get better? i honestly was put off by such amateurish tripe i highly doubt it does get any better. i understand grabbing the viewer, but the first half of the first episode seemed like a badly done 80's sci-fi project.

The weird thing is they treat it as semi-hard science because all she can do is dynamically calculate possibilities which means she's helpless in the face of anything she's totally unaware of.

But that means she SHOULDN'T be that hard to beat in a fight because if you know you favor a right hook then you should get her with a left jab or just kick her right in the ovaries and she wouldn't be able to predict it.

It's one of those shows where it's going to be a slow burner, but I have high hopes for it next season

The turned off for me was the WW2 weapons in SF setting.
What the fuck.

Yes but its kind of a mess. Don't expect perfection.

Watch the first episode, see if that is enough to make you interested in the general plot.

If yes, read the first book instead. It covers more than the first season and no television show will ever get the budget to properly do what it needs to to capture the scope of the book.

After you've read the first book, only continue reading if you have nothing else to do. The second and third books were very lackluster compared to the first, which I'd argue is almost a must read for action sci fi fans.

Better Call Saul in Space?

You watched a pilot for syfy. Yes it gets better.

Yeah, who would do that lol

>three POV characters
>two of them are complete garbage
What the fuck were they thinking

At least they modified it a little.
That's not the case in Dark matter.

oh jeez. i saw they had a cache of weapons but i didn't get far enough to see what they were or how they worked. are science-fiction fans so hard on up shows to watch they resort to tripe like this? i'll give The Expanse a try since i've heard good things about it, but the quality of sci-fi shows has really never elevated since Battlestar Galactica, has it?

#REKT

Is a casual version of the schimatrix plus

Star Wars is a fantasy series. Dark Matter science-fiction.

how far along does it get better? because i am trying to get through the pilot and can barely do that. that's how bad i think it is. maybe it's just not for me?

the production value ramps up as the season goes and in season 2 it's fine

but for most of season 1 they can't decide if they want to be firefly 2.0 or not they eventually realize they don't

what's the point? the world will end on feb 17, 2017.

Holden is pretty much unbearable until ACTUAL SPOILER: after Miller dies and he realizes being "saintly" is fucking stupid. Only problem is once Holden starts being interesting, Naomi of course has to ruin it.

The whole first season is shaky

You can tell they know it too because S2 changes the whole dynamic of the show

That said the pilot shouldn't have made you rage if you had the patience for Star Trek Enterprise/Voyager, Andromeda, Lexx, Stargate, etc.

In fact if you were a StarGate fan Dark Matter is packed with people from that both behind and in front of the camera

I love how they put such a faggot haircut on such an awesome guy

And he powers through it and is awesome anyway

It's like a handicap

>star wars fantasy

RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I only care about the spy with augmented eyes.
And want to see how Mars is.

Yeah, the Earth lady a shit.

I get why they chose an Earth POV, but I would have vastly preferred a Mars POV.

I only enjoyed SG-1.

>Dark Matter

Star Wars WAS fantasy

then midichlorians happened

awwww how cute. i wanna kiss that kitty. i wanna kiss that kitty hard with the passion of thunder god as i drive my dick up that cute kitty's ass. hhhhhnnnngggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

>star wars WAS sci-fi
>then midichlorians happened

ftfy

No they didn't. They probably help with production costs but they just have international distribution rights.

The fuck is Dark Matter?

t. guy who likes Expanse

never bothered with StarGate. my brother was big into it and i just never gave it a second thought. same with Enterprise. Voyager, however, and Babylon 5 were more my cup of tea.

the thing i find most unappealing about the Darm Matter pilot is that there are an infinite way of presenting these characters to the audience - think Lost, a series that introduced characters quite well. sure, they shat all over them by series end, but those character intros were stellar - and DM does this in the most clichéd and redundant way possible. if this is the way they choose to start a series, i doubt i should bother with the rest.

did i miss some memo where Star Wars was declared science fiction? it's always been considered a fantasy, right, with some sci-fi lite tropes?

unidentified type of matter comprising approximately 27% of the mass and energy in the observable universe that does not emit or interact with electromagnetic radiation making them invisible to the entire electromagnetic spectrum

star wars has only been sci-fi. it's only this year "that star wars is fantasy" started coming out. probably started from one of those fake news sites.

so what is capeshit, scifi or fantasy?

>star wars has only been sci-fi. it's only this year "that star wars is fantasy" started coming out
are you kidding me, mate? maybe i'm a bit older than you, but it's been fantasy since the 80's. read any review of the films by sci-fi writers like Ellison, Asimov, or any other author in the Dangerous Visions anthology.

>probably started from one of those fake news sites.
hahaha, that made me laugh.

capeshit is its own genre of bullshit that can be either/or. most of them are fantasy, though.

Yes.

I like the books better, the crew actually has a sense of humor

I haven't finished any of the three despite being a huge sci-fi fan, they all feel generic as fuck, boring, with shitty characters and nothing to care about. The Expanse seems to be the most overrated of the shitpile.

like i said midichloroians man

before that star wars was "I ain't gotta explain shit its magic" which is the cornerstone of fantasy

comics is a medium like novels. there are fantasy novels, sci-fi novels and there are authors who mix both.

you must be high on drugs. it's always been sci-fi. or maybe you grew up in a weird anti-mainstream environment like those people who teach their kids the earth is flat and science is the devil's work.

to clarify: yes to your hanging yourself. and post vid afterwards.

telekinesis has always been part of sci-fi. star wars explains it as an energy field permeating the universe.

okay, i hear you. however, aren't midichlorians more a fantasy concept? i mean, it does give explanation for superpowers, but it's not based on any science. maybe an undiscovered branch from a galaxy far, far away?

>you must be high on drugs. it's always been sci-fi. or maybe you grew up in a weird anti-mainstream environment like those people who teach their kids the earth is flat and science is the devil's work.
nope, i grew up reading science-fiction novels by those mentioned above, including Bradbury, Heinlein, Herbert, and JP Farmer. they all relegate it to fantasy and not good fantasy either. Ellison is quite a cantankerous nob, but what he says about the movie isn't wrong.

I loved the books too user. I was kind disappointed with the casting though, nobody looks like they are described except maybe Holden and Naomi. Guess I gotta wait for more to see if they flesh out their personalities better in the show.

>then midichlorians happened
>microscopic lifeforms that speak to your soul
>microscopic lifeforms that talk to a cosmic space deity
Are you retarded?

Miller dies? I literally wont watch anymore of it then

They already killed 1 and he was the qtest of them all.

1 was a massive fucking beta faggot. The sex bot episode was so pathetic kek

>he was the qtest of them all

who please?

it's Science Fantasy, or Space Opera actually