I've just watched it, do I like it? do you like it?

i've just watched it, do I like it? do you like it?

Yes, it's the greatest piece of animation ever made.

I still don't know wtf it was about

That's irrelevant. It knows what YOU'RE about

In a nutshell, it's just another coming of age story.

Young people going through puberty and becoming adults. Confusion and awkwardness.

this

also this. pretty basic, but told in a fun way

This. Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

Dont like it? Go back to your board manchild.

symbolically its this
but the actual story is some crazyness about corporations, worm holes and space pirates

>not akira
>not there will be blood

>who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about.
>Dont like it? Go back to your board manchild.
pure autism

It's the only animu I like.
I want a Mamimi

I watched it when it was first on cartoon network and never understood it. I thought a couple episodes were fun

this should be renamed to the "I don't masturbate to cartoon children and recognize that popularity is not indicative of a lack of quality" starter pack

I didn't find it very good. FLCL, to me, was one of those animations that looked and sounded very good, but ultimately had nothing to say. Since the story itself was virtually nonexistent, people have thus have tried to derive meaning from Its irreverence and imagery, but listening to the director commentary it is clear that there isn't really any meaning to it. At one point they outright say the phallic imagery is only there because one of the writers thought drawing penises was funny. The theme I commonly see parrotted for this is that "puberty is weird", but that message is simplistic at best and extremely generalized at worst. They might as well have said "war is sad" or "life is hard". Overall, it didn't really do anything for me, and I've chalked up the praise to nostalgia and the high animation and sound quality.

continue with the spiritual sequel from some of the creators

It is autistic randumb "oh, rook, pantsu" shit.

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened?

Pandering has never been proven to exist in anime, and these "waifufags" of yours are just Sup Forums posters who are of no consequence to the anime industry, let alone the anime industry of the 1980s and early 90s.

>art needs to have a message
Who let the plebs in?

Nadia would have been excellent without that mystery island/Africa arc. Stil nowhere near Wings, but closer to Evangelion.

Yep, really good, watched as a kid and turns out that I have a big guitar.