>Biggest movie of all time
>NO impact on popular culture in any way

Explain.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=REeg4LW14Sk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

0/10

You're just butt hurt.

It looked good but everything else was completely and utterly the worst possible thing

Just wait for the insane marketing for Avatar 2. They will manage to convince everyone they've all been massive Avatar fans this whole time. Mark my words.

Implying Cameron has ever failed to deliver on a sequel and we won't be spending the next generation arguing about which avatar is the most kino

Kek. This is so true.

3d-cinema gimmick from the legendary director, that's it

It was entertaining but it's awfully generic, literally not a single quotable line.

This will absolutely happen.

Didn't say it won't be good, just that nobody cares right now. Not until they see advertising on every screen and bus and street corner.

Easy, the film which has the most BLUE.

Aliens was shit
T2 was shit

Both are complete shit compared to their predecessors

It's fast food

>Literally singlehandedly started the 3D meme and led hundreds and thousands of theaters worldwide to update their shitty old screens

All action movies are pretty generic.

the 3D meme is dead and buried now. Sure cameron wants to make 3D without glasses. Fuck him

True. But even generic shite can have an impact on pop culture.

But you never hear of people quoting lines from the movies or kids acting out scenes.

That's OP's point. Literally noone gives a fuck about this film. It's just sort of 'there'.

It's almost like the story has been told countless times before.

Why does it need a impact on pop culture?

Still salty not even Star Wars (arguably biggest movie franchise of all time) couldn't beat it

In the subsequent times I watched Avatar after the release I feel like they utilize every generic one liner ever, and that one liner's take up a huge part of the dialogue. Not saying I care, because I don't.

There's nothing really memorable about the movie. It looked nice but that was it. I don't even remember any of the character names.

It's like the Wii, nobody remembers the fucking Wii

There was a period when people were grumpy they weren't blue space elves

If only they went for AO rating and showed us hot blue aylien sex.

Hey guys are you excited about my 500 Avatar sequels that I filmed all in 1 year?
>TFW James Cameron will become the next George Lucas

It wasnt meant to impact pop culture in anyway. Avatar was a massive tech demo. It was a way for Jim to test out his new fusion camera system.

I want to fuck the blue things

careful with that edge, son

I want to exterminate the blue things

how can you degenerates find them sexy? They look stupid

Just about every movie is 3d now

Did anyone actually follow the lead up to the release? It was pretty fucking clear that the real spectacle was his fusion camera system (that he made himself). Avatar was all about technology. Cameron couldnt give 2 fucks about pop culture. All he wants is to develop filming tech. Thats all.

the only reason avatar did so well was because it triggered (not a meme) something inside some lifeless sorry saps. I worked at a theater when it was released and there was a small handful of people who would watch every available showing of the movie. these people were using the movie as a form of escapism. they all looked like pathetic creatures, so forgetting about their lives while they watched a movie meant the world to them. some of these people would sleep in their vehicles in the parking lot overnight - it was the winter at the time so we thought some of them might freeze to death, but somehow they didn't. they would give themselves baths in the sink of the restrooms, and one of the guys shit in a urinal.

these people had mental problems, and they were addicted to the movie. I imagine other theaters had people like this, and that these people were a significant portion of the movie's success. there were people who killed themselves after watching the movie because they knew that the world of Avatar wasn't real. God bless James Cameron for indirectly removing them from the gene pool.

What have you done recently maggot?

>edge
Wew this board has gone downhill

Fuck sake. Kinda hilarious though.

Wew, check out this guy

No dude it was popular because of this Honestly no one gave a shit about the story. They just wanted to check out this new 3D with "incredible depth its like your there with them".

You can equate Avatar to an attraction at a theme park (similar to those 4D experience shit).

I actually work beside a youngster who told me Avatar was his favourite movie. I asked him why he liked it so much.

>just.... just... the imagination!

It actually made me concerned about my employer's screening process.

I guess he was at the 11 year old age when this film released so perhaps it just spoke to him.

>there were people who killed themselves after watching the movie because they knew that the world of Avatar wasn't real.
To be fair, mental illness is mental illness. People have killed themselves over MLP not being real. It's more of a 'when and what will trigger it' with those people, not an 'if'.

youtube.com/watch?v=REeg4LW14Sk

>No impact
>Inspired the greatest nightclub in all of South Africa

How would you explain this then

Whats there to explain? Mental people exist?

Pretty depressing to be honest.

This

I mean, if james hadn't waited almost 8 years now

I was obsessed with the movie and I'm positive many others were

but nothing sense then, you lose interest

>Better make 3 fucking insanely budgeted films no one actually cares about.

Genius.

it had an impact on my dick

but so too did his role in that dinosaur show that was really good but will never see the light of day again

It did for cinema what the original King Kong, 2001, Star Wars, Jurassic Park and T2 did for cinema special effects. It also forced cinemas to fucking get with the times. Sure 3D (stereograms) are a meme now. But at the time it made cinema feel fresh again and got people going to theaters again.

You have all been spoiled by what came after and become jaded to it with a huge dungheap shitty 3D CGI movies and fake 3D.

You might not like him. But you have got to respect what he has achieved.

I have so many special edition blu-ray which also come with the 3D version included.

My kids will one day ask how they can watch the 3D version.

>You never will.

I want to fuck the blue things

I GET IT JAMES, I'LL GO GREEN OR WHATEVER!

What is 3d?

I just realized thats what happened to star wars ...
I only watched 2 of them after TFA and i think they went on for too damn long.
>tfw even bought star wars shirts.

It has also aged horribly.

people just saw it for the tech demo, it had no redeeming features beyond that

He made a really hot alien, cat thing.