Two weeks later

>two weeks later
>hasn't even broken the 200 million worldwide mark yet
What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2000to2004/2004-sexual-behavior-in-pre-contact-hawaii.html
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
youtube.com/watch?v=FYsaUMc8jaM
youtu.be/79DijItQXMM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

same thing that went wrong with the Princess Frog: protagonist isn't white

Disney deserves to fail

I will just leave this here:
hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2000to2004/2004-sexual-behavior-in-pre-contact-hawaii.html

nobody wants to see niggers on the big screen

already forgot the name of this movie

why aren't they advertising it anywhere?
no one I've talked to even realized it was out.

>the fuck is
>Penile subincision is a form of body modification consisting of a urethrotomy, in which the underside of the penis is incised and the urethra slit open lengthwise, from the urethral opening (meatus) toward the base. The slit can be of varying lengths.
I feel sick

NO NO NO.

It's still tracking the same as Frozen

We'll have to wait and see, animated films tend to have a long shelf life

It's not driven by fantasy.

It's driven by cartoon characters.
This is why the 90s princess movies are good, because they draw upon western fantasy and legend (and why Tangled is the last good Disney animated movie while Brave sucked balls).

They didn't invoke pacific legends and shit in a cool way, they just shoehorned "muh strong girl protagonist" and that's all they showed anybody.

Brave was Pixar dum dum

If only that made a difference.

>has the entire month of January plus Christmas sales

You don't seem to understand how these animated films work and how the end of December and January are the doldrums of anything coming out.

Same shit with Rogue One. You might now care about it but there's nothing out for like 2 fucking months in this stretch.

Thats what you get for discussing disney in Sup Forums, a penis with the mouth open.
I wonder if that hole can take another penis.

Frozen got a push when it reached the holiday though, let's see if this can survive in the long run

But I can't see this movie reach the same hype and popularity like Frozen

Two reasons
>brown people
>it's winter, not beach season

for the other half of the planet its summer you retard

I liked it, I might see it again just to support it.

My taco money might not make much of a difference though.

>Implying that half matters.

nobody fucking lives on the other half of the planet except shitposters and shitskins

DELETE THIS
RIGHT FUCKING NOW

I'm sure all those bolivar are gonna come raking in any minute now.

Songkino
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

> What went wrong?

Nothing went wrong. It's doing well. I'm sure it will make close to 400 million domestic.

Non-white characters

sadly it's probably this
>among my friends they think of me as "old-fashioned" and suspect me of being closet racist
>only one who is against illegal immigration, etc
>meanwhile I'm the only one who ever wants to see foreign films
>everyone else in the group depended casting Scarjo in GitS
>I asked them if they want to see Moana, none of them did
>they're all huge Disney fanboys and fangirls who saw Frozen twice

This is what happens when we let illegal immigrants come into our southern hemisphere whalewatching forum

It's Lilo & Stitch all over again
Disney doesn't make those as much for profit (it's still makes good money though) as it is for public image and diversity points. It's not really bad or good, just politics

no bun cop

It's because China doesn't like watching American movies with non-white protagonists.

They should have just made L&S reboot with the same characters in 3D or god forbid, live action.
A billion guaranteed.

also, why does this costs 150 millions again?
It looks cheapest of all the latest Disney animations - very few characters, no big variety in sets etc

>A subincized penis can be penetrated by another penis, provided the latter is sufficiently small. In some Australian cultures, one traditional practice involved the penetration of an elder's subincized penis by the unsubincized penis of a young boy who was usually under age 7. Some authors have theorized that this was the original purpose of subincision.

It's tracking under Frozen, though not by a massive margin. It's also flopping in foreign markets.

there are barely 200,000 samoans on the world lmao

>brown people
>Not cute animal characters

If I wanted to see ugly brown people I'd just go outside

I liked it a lot and I'd love to see a sequel.

If not then I'm fine with this having been made.

Also these.

>dated Samoan girl while in Hawaii
>Samoans everywhere immediately knew about it because they're such a small, tight-knit community

>Moana
>Bad

anyone saw the animated short at the beggining with the fat assed girl?

Sup Forums can't stop raving about her

couldnt find a single thred about her.

The highest grossing American film in China is Furious 7 though

Sadly these will probably be the reason. It's one of the most entertaining movies I've seen all year with no political agenda whatsoever but just the perception that it's some kind of diversity exercise instead of an all-around good movie is going to keep it from doing as well as it should.

Where are his nipples?

foreigners are even more racist than america

this

F7 doesn't feature shitskins in prominen Protagonist tier roles.It's not really a fair comparison.

>protagonist isn't white
You mean "The protagonist is brown"

???? It made more money in the US than "Tangled" and just out, if at all, in foreign countries.
It's going to make ~500 mio, beneath is fucking impossible ffs

Movies starring The Rock do well and he doesn't have a drop of white in him.

>they just shoehorned "muh strong girl protagonist" and that's all they showed anybody.
I thought they gave some good shit to Maui

Also no one outside of the US cares about Hawaii, you're the only culture that even thinks about them.

>the perception that it's some kind of diversity exercise instead of an all-around good movie is going to keep it from doing as well as it should.
They have nobody to blame but themselves desu

youtube.com/watch?v=FYsaUMc8jaM

it wasn't outright 1/10 garbage like Big Hero 6, but this movie was bland and forgettable. Not even a single good song either, that's the real kicker

I've actually really wanted to see it, but I
>Can't go to the theater by myself
>Can't go to the theater with friends
>Can't go to the theater with guys + girls for anything aimed at kids unless the girls are the ones who recommends it other
Every guy in my group of friends wants to see it, but we're all too chickenshit to go without the girls, who aren't interested.

The rocks dad is half white and maybe 1/2 nigger at best. Retard.

He also isn't a box office draw, his movies don't really do that well.

>niggers complain that there isn't enough niggers in films and they want to see films with people like them in it and not whites
>then niggers complain when whites don't watch those movies and want to see films with people like themselves in it

Hey niggers, you don't like movies with white protagonists, and whites don't like movies with black protagonists. Deal with it.

Moana has no niggers in it, retard.

Which niggers were asking for Polynesian characters?

>The Rock
>Doesn't have a drop of white in him

AHAHAHAHAHA

I know, just making a point in general. Just replaces nigger with any other minority senpai.

How do you mean? Disney usually puts out quality, memorable animated movies, even when the characters aren't white.

Why does everyone act like Mulan and Aladdin didn't happen?

Because those don't count because the characters aren't black. If they were then people would go out of their way to remember them.

It's not diverse unless a nigger is fucking a white woman in it

You mean like Arabs or Chinese?

I seem to remember Aladdin doing well.

So then Moana should be doing great.

Turns out white people prefer white people and no one else goes to the movies.
Except that one niggress who follows you around so you can hear her talk to Tyrone on speaker at all the wrong times.

He's half black and half Samoan.

>white people didn't watch Mulan or Aladdin

Okay.

>not even a single good song
WHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT, THAT'S BULLSHIT

youtu.be/79DijItQXMM

That was before the current overly-pc libcuck era. Back then there was no agenda being pushed with shit like this, now that's a thought in the back of everyones mind.

It's not even been released in NZ/Australia

see
Utter retard

Chinese (and other international audiences) have no interest in a Hawaiian/island nig princess story.

>and just out, if at all, in foreign countries.
What? It's doing worse than Tangled in foreign markets. Moana is barely above Tangled in domestic revenue and tangled only made 200m.

As far as foreign markets opening weekends are concerned, (also accounts for only the markets where both movies have currently been released [so no china because tangled didn't get released there]), Tangled did better in:

Bulgaria - 142k vs 88k
Colombia - 1.2m vs 684k
France - 7m vs 5m
Hungary - 279k vs 113k
Lithuania - 86k vs 64k
Mexico - 2.9m vs 2.8m
Poland - 867k vs 378k
Portugal - 449k vs 250k
Romania - 246k vs 146k
Russia - 8.8m vs 5m
Slovakia (no opening data but it's lifetime projections are much higher in comparison to Moana that only made 11k opening and is only at 100k lifetime)
Slovenia 65k vs 36k
South Africa (kek) - 616k vs 206k
Thailand - 306k vs 56k
United Kingdom - 8m vs 2.9m
Venezuela - 687k vs 295k

Moana won the rest, but these ones account for 16 out of the 23 markets where Moana was currently released.

Source: BoxOfficeMojo

Moana is NOT doing better in foreign markets in comparison to Tangled (so far).

Mulan and Aladdin were released before the whole anti-white SJW movement really took off. Things were much more stable both socially and politically. In fact, those movies poke a lot of fun at the cultures they're representing. It's hard to do that nowadays without hearing nonstop bitching from the far left.

>it happened in the past, therefore it was better

Except Moana has no progressive message and if anything Aladdin was more about that shit with Jasmine being all I AM NOT A PRIZE TO BE WON.

You just remember it differently because you hadn't been indoctrinated into a Sup Forums echo chamber yet.

The rock is not half black you fucking idiot.

Uh no, the 90s were actually the height of that shit. The 2000s is Bush and Trump with an intermediary period of Obama because Bush was so shitty.

>one of the protags is a polynesian god
>"not driven by fantasy"

ok?

He is half black you dumb nigger.

Here are his parents.

DO YOU SEE WHITE FAGGOT?

The Rocks dad is half you fucking retard, do you think 100% niggers looks like that?

Also for more proof that his dad is AT LEAST 1/2 white, you need to look at The Rocks Grandparents. His grandmother is white, in case you didn't know.

No, in the 90s you had plenty of television shows and movies with all-white or mostly white casts. Now, you have people openly advocating for the deaths of white people on Facebook and Twitter every day without any repercussions.

Do you really think shows like FRIENDS and Full House would make it on the networks today?

Not him, but the way they are now with no changes? Maybe some of them, definitely not all.

you need to stop embarrassing yourself

I'm not saying that the movies themselves are pushing an agenda, I'm just saying that groups of people are. In the past, before all this anti-white, PC, generally libcucks shit started an anti-white agenda never crossed normal peoples minds.

Now in this anti-white, PC, cuck era that is a thought that crosses normal peoples minds, and a lot of people are fed up with it so don't go out to see these movies. It doesn't necessarily mean I think that specific movie is pushing an agenda, but overall an agenda is being pushed and I don't want any part in helping it in any direct or indirect way. And neither do millions of other americans seeing as this and other minority protagonist films have done so poorly in comparison to past ones.

Nothing to do with Sup Forums really, it's just many people are upset with all the anti-white shit going on, why do you think Trump won?

"Shiny" or "You're Welcome"

which song was better?

Nailed it. The music was on point.

can I have a TLDR? And yes, I'm black

There's no such thing as "half-black" since the black negates any and all white. One drop rule, have you heard of it moron? That's why Obama is full nigger despite having a white mom.

After you.

>Movie set in Samoa about Samoans is automatically sjw pc progressive shit
Ok

>And yes, I'm black
not sure if shitpost given the image you posted, but even if you were or are, why is that important? Hawaiians have nothing to do with niggers.

It's too kino, too touchy for it's own good.

Not him, but that is the perception for many people, yes. This is 21st century Disney we're talking about, the company that pushed LGBT issues in Finding Dory and now claims the Empire in Star Wars is a white supremacist organization.

You're Welcome. I wasn't a huge fan of Shiny, but maybe it's because that kind of music doesn't really vibe with me.

Trump winning only made progressives more determined to push their agenda, if anything.

PS: Hillary won the popular vote, so you can't say the majority of people are anti-PC.

>pushed LGBT issues

FUCKING WHEN?