Was TMNT the original Capekino?

Was TMNT the original Capekino?

>One of the most iconic portrayals of New York on film
>Actual martial arts
>Dark and gritty while retaining an authentic feel
>Natural lighting (those scenes in the fields, wew)
>To this day unmatched costumes and puppets
>That score:
youtube.com/watch?v=lKEIfBBbgm8

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QNQNoWABGDk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yep. It was a pretty good movie. Took itself and the source material as seriously as was warranted without going full edge and knew when to keep things light.

10/10

>mfw someone near me says TMNT2's suits looked better than the first

T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!

The first and hands down best turtle movie

>Actual martial arts
I bet you don't even trane ufc.

confirmed
also watched it today.
wish filming of comic/cartoons had this much love/talent/dedication to the source material.

no one cared who i was until i put on the mask.
youtu.be/QNQNoWABGDk

It's more than nostalgia for me. It's legit good. Gets the characters right and understands the pace to tell the Turtle story right.
Sure the ending with Splinter simply getting Shredder to be a retard was somewhat lame, it doesn't destroy the film. Plus if the sequel did it right it could have taught that the Turtles need more time to learn.

Also with the new TMNT sequel failing and the producers saying that a third sequel is unlikely, maybe this means a new reboot in five yrs for suit-CGI combo version.

>that lighting
>that ominous music

Literally fucking Kino

righteous synthwave

my favorite turtle show. this is why I bought all the toys. The TV show was okay, but I just liked the movies.

Legit kino.

>quality indie movies made on a shoestring budget like this are never coming back
it's not fair

I think one thing that really helps the movie is that the script is really solid. The pacing is spot on, the movie slows down at the right times and has great character moments.

Perfect example is when Casey Jones and Donatello are fixing the truck. It's a great little scene that shows them goofing around with each other and also establishes that they're getting a vehicle working for the trip back to NYC. Sure, they could've just had a throwaway line somewhere about fixing the truck, but they didn't.

that's not synthwave you fag
it's just music from the 80s

Northampton stuff is kino.
The VO overtop everything was gold. And it helps build the Turtles as more emotional and humanize them a bit better.
Just wish that a filmmaker could come along and do the same thing that the '90 film did and capture that feel

where did tomatometer go so wrong

Yes it is kino

Judith Hoag > Paige Turco

Was Raph the angry "Wolverine" of the group in the original comic? I remember being taken aback as a kid by him being so angry, after being used to him just being the funny wiseass in the cartoon.

goat scene is where splinter tells raphael to stop internalizing his angst. its easy to forget its fucking muppets.

TMNT was too deep for film critics