*BOOM BOOM*

*BOOM BOOM*

*BOOM BOOM*

*BOOM BOOM*

test

People will dismiss this great opening scene with their "so much going on" red letter media memes but it's better than anything Disney neo-star wars will bring us by a long way.

Thing is, the opening is the only good scene in this.

Republic Commando 2 when?

This opening scene is better than anything from The Farce Awakens.

Agreed. TFA is just so bland. Easily the worst and least memorable SW film.

>Separatists capture Palpatine but just park their fleet over Coruscant instead of jumping to somewhere safe
>Republic has ten billion expendable clone troopers but still has two of the highest ranking Jedi risk their lives in a dogfight
>Droid fleet relies on millions of tiny buzz-droids to slowly take enemy ships apart instead of just dropping bombs
>Serves solely to replace Dooku with Greivous even though they have the exact same role in the plot and instantly dissolves any investment in their characters when you realize Lucas will kill off the main bad guy from the previous movie in 5 minutes if he can be replaced by a lightsabre windmill robot

It's good if you're 8 and like flashing lights and loud noises, none of the scene makes sense and as a bonus actually does nothing to set up the movie which would go on without it just fine

Why does Coruscant surface is purple?

long CGI cut-scenes are great if you're 12 years old kiddo.

Dude I loved Battlestar Galactica

> Dat *BOOM BOOM* Clone Wars drum motif
> Dat war version of the Binary Sunset theme
> Dem Jedi starfighters
> Dem aerial acrobatics
> Dat orbital battle

As bad as Revenge of the Sith was, those first moments were memorable and compelling.

TFA doesn't have a memorable moment until Kylo Ren kills Max von Sydow.

Man, going back and watching the prequels, I realized how great the camerawork and editing was. Why did TFA have so much shaky cam and quick cuts?

Holy shit, how can one man be so retarded?

Fuck off reddit

you do realise this is a children's movie, right?

watta brothers say eyyy oohh

> Prequels
> Great camerawork
> Great editing

It's clear that Lucas didn't give a shit about directing or cinematography until III, and even then he forgot to direct people.

TFA also didn't do shaky cam, as it was consciously aping the style of the original trilogy. It only did quick cuts during action sequences to cut away from damage (a trick that Christopher Nolan is fond of) to heighten the impact. TFA has its flaws, but they're mostly related to writing and characterization -- technically, it's quite competent.

It did have an obnoxious number of dutch angle shots, though, which sucked.

TFA has great lore

>Snoke, Kylo, Knights of Ren
But we dont get to see or know anything about their backstory cos JJ only cares about "Muh battle scenes and quick pacing"

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Separatists capture Palpatine but just park their fleet over Coruscant instead of jumping to somewhere safe

Palpatine was manipulating the separatists through dooku and grievous, you silly billy, the whole point was to allow his rescue by the jedi, where he can make the case for emergency powers to crush the CIS

>Disney shills still attempt to fool us into believing TFA was good
Give it a rest. Sup Forums woke up.

>>Separatists capture Palpatine but just park their fleet over Coruscant instead of jumping to somewhere safe
They didn't jump anywhere because a shitton of Republic ships attacked them, preventing them from escaping.

Good story. Rey was badly written and the editing and pace is some of the worst I have seen in a blockbuster movie with so many plot holes because "We gotta wait 2 years to find out more".

I'M GONNA KNOCK YOU OUT

*MEME MEME*

*MEME MEME*

*MEME MEME*

Another happy landing.

*BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*

The Paki trying to poke plot holes in the prequels is a major Disney shill. He always does that to defend his shitty ANH rip-off. Funny thing is that he'll never say a single plot hole about The Farce Awakens despite being completely logically crippled.

NO... NO-NO YOU ARE GUILTY!

ho, Ho, HO

>That clone panicking because he has a clanker on his six
>Obi-wan tells Anakin to let him die, mission is more important

Wow, my good friend, that's ice cold.

i'm with you.
prequels are contrived bullshit.
TFA is kind of cool.

>samefagging
lol

BAZINGA

If TFA was so cool why did Leia hug "literally-who" instead of her old friend Chewie?

*wheeze*
YOUR LIGHTSABER WOULD MAKE A FINE ADDITION TO MY COLLECTION

not even.
I'm just passing by and giving my support to one of the few articulated posts in this shitfeast of a thread.
and I'm out.

here is a (You)
Chewie didn't even get a medal in the OT
he's like a pet monkey

have fun back on reddit my dude

I'll have fun with your mom

rebel confirmed being a human supremacist organisation

Leia confirmed not being into zoophilia anymore

not all dog owner are zoophile

is she a lesbian, now?

I like that there's a lot going on; I find it very grandiose. To me it does a good job showing how large the scale of the clone wars was supposed to be.

doesn't mean its not terrible

WE ALL REBELS HERE FAMIlY RIGHT?

I always wanted a video game that recreates the feeling of this scene but alas it will never be

oh shit forget about these
guess she got WOOKIED

Fun opening, and I'm being totally honest.

People who dismiss it with "it's too busy" need to step back and realise they're watching Star Wars, starting with a huge space battle isn't a downside. Only Episode IV had a truly great opening, every other film's beginning is incredibly flat in comparison.

Film is a visual medium you fucking autistic redditor

My dad took me and my friends to see this for my 10th birthday, I remember getting so excited about it. Shame about the rest of the movie, but that opening scene will always be one of my favorites.

One of Star Wars Battlefront II's space battles has the same ships and iirc the same music.

>the prequel defence meme is actually still going
I'm getting so tired of it. Nobody likes episode 7, but the prequels are still bad movies

Empire at War with a mod is the only thing that comes close

>cgi is le bad xD le practical effects so much better *tips fedora*

You're a fucking reddit moron who bought into the Disney RLM-watching nostalgic manchild-targeted marketing

It's literally just a quirky new marketing gimmick and the Force Awakens used as much CGI as the prequels

kek

>Republic has ten billion expendable clone troopers but still has two of the highest ranking Jedi risk their lives in a dogfight

Those two Jedi were on a rescue mission, the clones were there to make sure that they made it to the ship alive at the cost of their own lives.

>does nothing to set up the movie which would go on without it just fine

What are you talking about? Anakin murders a defenseless prisoner at Palpatine's urging, it's a major step for him and a sign that the evil tendencies that caused him to slaughter the sand people are alive and well. It also shows that there's some kind of warmth between Anakin and Obi-Wan that goes beyond just being colleagues (episode II did horrible with this, made it seem like they hated one another). More than that, it's just a fun adventure-type scene to get the movie going, because the next half an hour is mostly dialogue and doesn't have much action in it.

>palpatine becames a dictator
>shows up looking like an evil monster a week later talking about how the jedi were actually evil all along

i didnt get this even as a kid

episode 3 is good i don't give a fuck what reddit letter media or their parroting fans say

The last good Star Wars movie was released in the 80s

>tfw watching this back in 2005

Episode III was not good, at best it was mediocre. But I love it, thanks to nostalgia.

His excuse was that the Jedi assassination attempt left him "scarred and deformed" It was the most reasonable (probably the only reasonable) thing in that entire speech he gave, Jedi abilities were a mystery to most people so of course nobody questioned that they were capable of scarring up a man's face.

Practical effects ARE better tho and I'm not even this fag you're replying to, you're just an absolute fucking smeghead if you honestly believe CGI beats it

Not always. Compare the original Jaws to the sea monster in Jurassic World.

I still get chills. That whole scene is amazing and beautiful.

This. No matter what they do there will never be another star wars movie better than a new hope or empire

Good effects are good

Bad effects are bad

Very little to do with whether they're CGI or practical

fag

>2005 was 43 years ago

CGI lets you do much more and that is useful in fantasy universes like Star Wars.

>thegermanguns.jpg

Yeah, so?

I hate the prequels as a whole, but I do like this opening scene. It's good right about up until the stupid gremlins on the wing part.

>I hate the prequels as a whole,
Then you are infantile about cinema

>If you hate the prequels you dont understand cinema
wow, I'd call you a pleb but thats too on the nose

>The prequel films are high art! You are just a manchild
Whatever dude, you can like the films. I really don't give a shit. But don't pretend its some high culture thing. It's a cartoony action movie trilogy.

Prequelbabies BTFO

Anybody who has enough of an emotional attachment to a toy commercial like Star Wars to "hate" the prequels is a cinema infant, pure and simple. It's a different thing to recognize the entire franchise as shit, but if you've got some cuck crying about the prequels but at the same time worshipping a far less imaginative movie like TFA then you know you've got a drone who only thinks what his meme masters tell him to think.

THE BEST PART ABOUT THIS BADASS CGI SEQUENCE IS THAT THEY GIVE YOU THE GIANT SPACE BATTLE UP FRONT SO YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE REST OF THE FLICK

You sure assumed alot of things there user. I didnt like force awakens at all

>those two Jedi were on a rescue mission
That's a funny way to say they were there to negotiate trade.

i don't like the prequels as a whole, but Episode 2 is almost nice when it feels a little like Forbidden Planet

>Empire at war

So much potential, such shitty execution

You're thinking of episode 1. This is episode 3.

Battlefront II? You can pretty much recreate the opening sequence of flying across the ship in a starfighter. It even uses Episode III's soundtrack.

lolno, Homeworld 2 with Warlords mod is much closer.

I know, it's so clunky that I can barely tolerate it.

Good post OP

'Tis the SEASON THEN