Is The Shining any good?

Is The Shining any good?

I never actually watched it.

Are blowjobs good?

not really

Depends, really.

Yeah, it's pretty good.

Despite being a bit of a meme in Sup Forums-land, it's a popular movie that many people, myself included, genuinely like on its own merits. You might end up not caring for it, but it's worth at least one good watch-through based on its cultural signicance.

Specifically, there are a large number of shots and scenes scattered throughout the film which have been parodied and imitated in several subsequent TV shows. Simply watching the movie will clue you in on the joke.

The Shining's score (regrettably not all on one official release any more, due to copyright conflicts, but you can listen easily on yt etc) also did much to popularize the use of creepy, atonal orchestral music in horror movies, for good or ill.

It's... a commitment. A few good creepy moments, lot of "WTF" moments, but it's like 11 hours long. I like it for background noise when I draw sometimes.

Is very slow paced and probably won't give you any scare now but is well acted, edited, directed and the photography is superb.

So yes, is really good. Just don't watch it with friends and take your adderall.

>2h 26min

skip it its extremely over rated

I actually fell asleep during this movie

Yeah it's sad that every film can't be BvS

I liked the framing and the tracking shots, I think is one nice example of the effective use of both techniques. The story is lenghty and personally, I didn't thought it was scary, but intriguing. It's not Kubrick's best, but is an interesting film

whoa that's just crazy! who the fuck falls asleep watching a movie?!?!?

>comes to Sup Forums to ask if he should watch a film
This is literally being a cuck with no vertebrae

Is the movie as terrifying, haunting, or creepy as people say it is?

How about you watch it and decide for yourself. I certainly think its better in those aspects than most

Definitely better than the book.

I'm the person you replied to.

I personally found it/find it strange and disturbing, but not "really scary" as-such, and I'm a person who spooks fairly easily (read: a pussy) FWIW.

There is one exceptionally strange/disturbing/non sequitor shot in the film. You'll know it when you see it. I used to have an early morning paper route as a kid and go outside in darkness, alone. That one shot was the one thing that I had in mind some mornings, like I might see something like that around the corner, or on someone's front porch or something.

I first watched the movie when I was like 12-13, and I didn't understand what was actually going on in the shot. Like five years later I watched it again and I went OOOOOOHHHH the one guy is blowing the other guy, lol. Felt pretty dumb.

This movie is scarier than any "horror" movie I've seen. After I watched this I'm convinced any other horror director is just out for cheap jump scares

Never came from one, so no. And I even told a hooker I'd double the pay if she could make me cum from it.

Blowjobs are a waste of time to me.

My personal favourite film and I tend to watch it yearly.

Will you think it's good? You gotta watch and find out. A forum isn't going to help you with that.

Is not.

Of course it is go back to /lit/

stephen king is a bad writer

Yes

>Is The Shining any good?
yeah its a p good templarcore

the shining is a horror movie made by genius stanley kubrick. it's one of the greatest.

>/lit/ likes king
Try again compadre

Just don't look at the chicks teeth. You wont notice anything else.

>implying
Im telling you if you honestly think a film doesn't offer more artistry than a book and especially a film by stanley kubrick youre out of your element and need to go somewhere else

>YOU WILL NEVER GET TO WATCH THE SHINING FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AGAIN

FUCK

WHAT A MASTERPIECE

i'm scared of horror movies t.b.h

It's not your typical horror movie. Which is why so many people probably dont like it I know someone who is a horror buff who writes for a horror mag and he hated it.

Kubrick was truly great though he mixed horror into many genres with 2001, EWS ans FMJ

I'm sorry you can't read, user. They have programs to help you with that.

>cant read
Sorry I dont read fiction anymore

KUBRICK'S SHINING IS FAR MORE VALUABLE THAN KING'S SHINING

Its more about an overbearing sense of dread/bleakness than actual adrenaline-pumping fear.

What do you call that haircut?

Love 'em. But I think I have an oral fixation.

Not as interesting as it's cracked up to be. But a good experience.

i love bj's more than sex tbqh

It is literally a perfect film.

It is the most perfectly crafted art in the universe. Look up the analysises on youtube to see how deep it goes.