My friend told me this is the Japanese version of 2001, is worth the watch?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sCDv3Hxms-8
youtube.com/watch?v=FdWtGXaRepQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-840keiiFDE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if you saw the entire series you should watch it (its the motherfucking series finale duh).
if not i wouldnt recomend it.

You have to watch the 26 episodes TV show first then End of Evangelion

Definitely, but it won't make any sense if you don't watch the show beforehand

I don't know, did 2001 build upon a 26 episode series that merged pilfered New Wave Science Fiction idieas and Utraman with Space Runaway Ideon while deconstructing/paying homage to the "boy and his robot" genre admits an author breakdown, fan service and Judeo-Christian motifs and symbolism only there because they "looked cool"?

Just remenber that all the christian symbols and terminology are there because the nips though it would be cool, like the Angels are basically "alien" lifeforms that can bend the rules of physics and not literally bibical Angels.

Sounds like too much effort.

Not unless your mind is rotted by video games

Because if it is then you'll love it and if not you've wasted time you could have spent watching real art, film and cinema

Coincidence

Homage

It's more like Japanese Ender's Game with a bunch of visual homages to western sci-fi and arthouse cinema thrown in

What film is that on the left?

Breathless (1960, Jean-Luc Godard)

>it takes a commie 8 1/2 hours to say "EVERYONE WAS TANG BUT THEN THEY WEREN'T ANYMORE ALSO SHINJIS MOM IS STILL IN THE ROBOT"

Really makes me think.

Has zero in common with 2001, far more like Watchmen

Also there's a board for this shit, it's called Sup Forums

>Eva's finished
What did he mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=sCDv3Hxms-8

I actually kind of hate this show and movie

How else do you plan on spending those 15 hours? Just watch the show and film and decide yourself. Then you can come back and make a thead about how western cinema fails by comparison or how retarded weeaboos are.

don't skip the last two episodes. Just keep in mind that they were made with no money and the film replaces them with the intended ending that theyoriginally couldn't afford.

It's overrated shit with an intolerable fanbase, so yes it's japan's 2001.

Why is this not available on Blu Ray or something? You would think something this popular and widespread would at least have a fucking DVD release but no

>You expect me to pilot?
>No Mr. Ikari, I expect you to instrumentality
youtube.com/watch?v=FdWtGXaRepQ

Kaji is best boy

EoE is animemoviekino along with Disappearance of HS

ebin xD

No choking, it's her own hand on her face.

>reaching this hard

With Gainax, you should start at the beginning.
Well, close to the beginning.
youtube.com/watch?v=-840keiiFDE

Yeah but you need to watch the 2 series to understand the movies.

It is, but only in Japan

But you can torrent it with fansubs and dubs from the previous localised formats

Why did you make another thread? Who are you trying to impress?