NOTHING MATTERS AND IM SMART AND YOUR A DUMBO WHO BELIEVES IN FAIRY TALES

>NOTHING MATTERS AND IM SMART AND YOUR A DUMBO WHO BELIEVES IN FAIRY TALES

Has a more reddit character ever existed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjVIF8x9u48&
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>CAN YOU JUST NOT BE SUCH A GOD DARN WEIRDO, SO TWISTED AND MISUNDERSTOOD

>Nicest guy you'll ever meet, twisted fucking psychopath

can't believe this was a line in it

They're both incredibly flawed individuals and Rust's outlook is destroyed in the end.
So what I'm saying is we can only hope.

I'm pretty tired of the trope of the misanthropic alcoholic shitbag that supposedly has all the answers.

If you had the answers you wouldn't be drinking Lone Star my cracka

Rust isn't Reddit. You're allowed to be a nihilistic cunt if your daughter dies and you uncover a pedophilic murder cult. Rust would be Reddit if he was fat and did the entirety of his investigation from a computer.

>says literally 15 yr old emo tier dialog

I-ITS OK BECAUSE H-HIS DAUGHTER DIES AND HES NOT FAT SO HES A COOL GUY WHO IS DEEP AND TORMENTED.

My older brother died of cancer when I was young and my dad didn't start talking about how religion is fairy tales and thats hes a pessimist who meditates by looking at jesus on a cross

>lying in bed meditating upon the crucifixion of Jesus Christ
>mum walks in and tells me to stop sleeping, I'm late for school
>patiently remind her that I don't sleep, I just dream
>she abruptly opens the curtains and walks out
>light up a cigarette and walk slowly to my R.E. lesson
>slide into my seat at the back of the class
>they are discussing the afterlife
>I loudly announce that they're all racing to a red light
>teacher asks if I can understand how the belief in an afterlife is a solace to some people
>I tell him that fairytales aren't good for anybody
>he asks why I begrudge people the right to their own personal beliefs
>"they gotta get together and tell each other stories that violate every law of the universe just to get through the goddamned day?"
>"what's that say about their reality?" I ask
>"you haven't answered the question, user"
>"then start asking the right fucking questions"
>tired of his low IQ, I take a beer out of my bag and crack it open
>"what are you doing!" he demands
>"it's Thursday and it's past noon. On Thursdays I start drinking at noon. You don't get to interrupt that"
>he tries to confiscate my beer but I capture him in an arm lock
>he becomes vexed and slaps me around the back of my head
>I look him straight in the eye and tell him that prison is very very hard on people who hurt kids
>"if you get the opportunity, you should kill yourself"
>silently walk out of class, pausing briefly at the door to give God the finger

Because your dad is a braindead moron

hes not even religious or particularly optimistic, he just respects other peoples beliefs

>JESUS WHY A FICTIONAL CHARACTER THAT WENT THROUGH SO MUCH SHIT DIDNT BECOME A SOLDIER OF CHRIST LIKE MY JEWISH ANIME I AM SO MAD

This is one of the most reductive readings of a complex character I've ever seen. I bet you think LotR is just two hobbits hiking to a mountain, you nigger.

>so brave
I almost got cancer by this post too

no, they are not even comparable.

Hes not complex, hes just a edgy atheist going through his highschool phase a little late after reading his first nihilism book

>his first nihilism book
You could put a title in there to show us you have an idea about what you are talking about and not look like an edgy Sup Forumsack going through his highschool phase a little later after getting his first red pill

ok

His first nihilism book which is "The Will to Power"

Happy?

Therre are so many legitimate complaints to make about Rust's characterization(fucking Marty's wife, autistic detachment from social norms while still somehow being a good detective) but this has to be the most idiotic.

>Nietzche
>nihilism

Yes I am happy you confirmed my suspicion

it's the only thing that sells TV, stupid made up drama. Nobody would watch TV if it was just people working out, working and living healthily and naturally being successful as a result of that.

Stop trying to prove us you're not an idiot. You are, period.

Read it you fucking idiot. just look it up on wiki. Nietzche changed his views

>A character with an actual fucked up past and who has seen alot of terrible shit is not allowed to be cynical and nihlistic.
What the fuck do you guys want? Sunshine and rainbows, and smiles all the time? If being a cynical asshole is the equivalent of reddit than i guess fucking carebears are Sup Forums.

Nice

>tfw you will never experience rust posting in its prime again

youtube.com/watch?v=yjVIF8x9u48&

This is the great lesson the depressive learns: Nothing in the world is inherently compelling. Whatever may be really “out there” cannot project itself as an affective experience. It is all a vacuous affair with only a chemical prestige. Nothing is either good or bad, desirable or undesirable, or anything else except that it is made so by laboratories inside us producing the emotions on which we live. And to live on our emotions is to live arbitrarily, inaccurately—imparting meaning to what has none of its own. Yet what other way is there to live? Without the ever-clanking machinery of emotion, everything would come to a standstill. There would be nothing to do, nowhere to go, nothing to be, and no one to know. The alternatives are clear: to live falsely as pawns of affect, or to live factually as depressives, or as individuals who know what is known to the depressive. How advantageous that we are not coerced into choosing one or the other, neither choice being excellent. One look at human existence is proof enough that our species will not be released from the stranglehold of emotionalism that anchors it to hallucinations. That may be no way to live, but to opt for depression would be to opt out of existence as we consciously know it.

>just look it up on wiki
> The will to power describes what Nietzsche may have believed to be the main driving force in humans – achievement, ambition, and the striving to reach the highest possible position in life.

TEXTBOOK NIHILISM
You cant even read the wiki of the book you picked to pretend you have read

Better tell us more about how your daddy's coping mechanisms are superior

Your dad is a fucking pantywaist.

You win kek

the details.. nice one

At least your brother isn't alive to read this post.