youtube.com/watch?v=k6SPaVnOuIA&feature=youtu.be&a
youtube.com/watch?v=k6SPaVnOuIA&feature=youtu.be&a

>We will be Planet of the Apes

Jesus christ, really?

Other urls found in this thread:

collider.com/war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-koba-dead/
youtube.com/watch?v=JDbwEQG2cqI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was so fucking good. Probably the best blockbuster in a long time. This looks as good.

Wait are there humans fighting against each other as well?

Didn't watch the dawn of the planet. Did they already drop the nukes ? Or its not the same plot ?

watch it asap, great film

> It will be a Planet of the apes™

What did they mean by this?

APE IS MORE HUMANE THAN HUMAN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i bet something like that will shoehorned in the movie

It's even better than the first one. Sucks that the humans that helped Caesar in Dawn are probably dead.

So you didn't watch Dawn is what you're saying? Because they already covered that.

You just had to be a sperg.

>>We will be Planet of the Apes

HOLY SHIT THEY DID IT

woody can't act for shit

finally this war for the planet of the apes has begun

are the new Planet of the Apes movies the only blockbusters coming out now that are actually made by directors

Looks so fucking good.
Who is the director?

Ceaser was awesome in the first two.

>Ceaser was awesome in the first two

Pic related?

fuck that mess

DID YOU SEE THAT SPIDER-MAN TRAILER?!

Matt Reeves, same guy who did part 2

That's the real Planet of the Apes trailer

low-key the best blockbuster series of the decade senpai

APES

TOGETHER

STRONG

Looks like Maurice is more of a major character this time, pretty cool

Actually a really good movie.
The CGI is top tier and the tank tracking shot/scene was incredible

woody is gonna destroy with good script. last one didn't have great human characters I thought

>graduated from mentoring a teenage boy to a cute little girl

Based. Also KOBA LIVES

will Harrelson be as sympathetic as Oldman was?

CAESAR WEAK
KOBA STRONG

KOBA WEAKER

Looks very action-movie. Dawn was more character driven.

> It will be a Planet of Apes
FUCKING REALLY??

>If we loose it will become a Plant of the Apes

Jesus christ

Man, these are way better than they have the right to be. Bravo, fox

>IT WILL BE WAR FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
Madmen, they did it!

Looks promising.

WE

I remember being like one of five anons defending Rise of the Planet of the Apes in the months before it came out, insisting that it would be good when the majority of people on this board were shitting on it hardcore and predicting that it would be the years biggest flop because "No one gives a shit about Planet of the Apes, especially when it's all CG."

Oh how the times have changed, and boy is it satisfying.

And now look at the apes from new Tarzan movie.

Looks great. I wonder of this is a success will they remake the original planet of the apes. I would be nice to see this versions interpretation

exclusive image of the new main antagonist

begun the ape war has

>it will be a planet of apes

I'm worry that it will be too much action

kek

cg chimp still looks fake. especially face. orangutan looks better for some reason

I'm in. Rise and dawn were better than they had any right to be

>look up Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
>$170 million budget
>Wow I'm pretty sure not many people watched this flick how is it getting a sequel?
>$710m box office

How are these movies making Capeshit money?

Monkino.

but...
>"if we lose it will be a Planet of the Apes™"

They are leading up to that, the first one references it, even names George Taylor

Marky Mark will play Taylor

>Nintendo Cinematic Universe will never happen
>We'll never get a DK movie with this GOAT CGI
>We'll never see the DK rap on the big screen sung by some celebrity rapper

NINTENDO WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?

They're genuinely good.

i actually remember that, not you particularly but the general attitude toward it pre-release
didn't expect much from it and it went better than expected

eh

I think these movies have been predictable and boring as fuck

what the hell is even the point of them

AH THERE HE IS, WONDERING WHEN THE CONTRARIAN REDDIT TEENAGER WOULD SHOW UP

Woody's speech was shit but film looks reaaly good.

>now its truly a Planet of the Apes...

because they are unironically very good movies

no such thing

Yeah it was insane how good Maurice looked in Dawn, people legit argued whether he was real or not

fpbp

I loved Dawn, it was very well done. Especially in comparison to the first one.

DUDE CONTRARIANISM LMAO

That last line was pretty bad.

BUT.
>Skin head woody harrelson
>Unapologetic human supremacy
>Executing apes point blank
>Full scale war

Honestly hyped. Can't be sure they'll do it, but I want to see a movie where its 100% good-guy humans versus apes. So sick of retarded environmentalist or racism messages.

Just have a literal war between apes and humans for the fun of it. Get to see some fucking operates go in and kill em all.

Holy shit. So hype. Dawn is legitimately one of my favorite movies of all time.

Probably hard to pull off, considering in such a situation the humans would simply win.

Why don't you watch them and find out, you goddamn Hillary-voting faggot of a cuck.

>I don't agree with you so you're rebbit

cancer

Stopepd being sympathetic when he went full retard and killed himself and his men

Is Koba still alive?

>>Executing apes point blank
I legit can't tell if it was Caesar or just some random apes, it looks like it was Caesar, doubt they gonna kill him like that

>White male humans persecute and hunt down a group of multicultural apes who were just trying to live peacefully together

DROPPED

Yes, yes you are cancer.

My reaction everytime
>another one?
>no way this movie can be good
>trailer comes up, look at those generic action scenes, this is going to suck so bad
>why are the RT percentage so high
>MFW after the movie ends
>few years come up, rinse, repeat

After two great movies i should be more optimistic, but every time the synopsys and trailers make it look like such a syfy C+ movie or a dumb popcorn action flick. And every time I'm pleasantly wrong.

for real though, the human species is struggling to survive after a devastating pandemic has hit them and one of the only surviving human colonies was recently wiped out by sentient apes, a by-all-accounts alien species at this point that is developing their own culture and (anti-)human beliefs.

it aint pretty but it'd be in humanity's best interest to wipe them out, seeing as they're physically more capable than us and are already disposed against us. caesar may be pro-human but he wont last forever. kill em' while they're tribal shits and we have military, i say.

would be cool if they brought franco back and had him hate ceaser, just to show that they really can't get along.

>faction of apes separates from Caesar's group because he killed Koba
>Join with humans to kill apes

stupid monkeys can't even be ideologically consistent

>And if we lose.....it will be a Planet of Apes™

>would be cool if they brought back the guy who has blatantly been dead from plague for 10 years

lolno

>no Gary Oldman
guess I'm not watching this

collider.com/war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-koba-dead/

you are a retarded fuck with shit taste and so are these lame, barely serviceable movies that have wallpaper-tier characters and hamfisted conflicts

I figure they wouldn't show that sort of thing on camera anyways.

But seeing spec-ops fighting apes and shit is so hilarious and silly I kind of love it.

I guess its just nice that there's such a different franchise that doesn't feel forced. So many stupid brands feel so cynical and schlocky, especially with their contrived universe building.

These movies are so distantly paced, look genuinely good, are genuinely different, and are their own inclosed thing. I'll go see it probably, as long as I hear its good anyways.

Hopefully I can convince more people to avoid Disney-shit in favor of this.

This. Nearly all sci-fi movies like Avatar or Bladerunner and all that shit make allegiance ambiguous.

It'd be nice if humans get to be in the right this time, though probably not. Looks like Harrelson will be a better version of the Colonel from Avatar.

Retards

he died a hero trying to stop the war before it began and save the human race

I think it's Caesar.

Didn't they give him a scar or something to help recognise in Dawn, can't remember though.

>It'd be nice if humans get to be in the right this time

Did you even watch the last film? How can you be so utterly ignorant of the themes of the series?

With so many big movies suposedly headlining next year, I almost forgot about this. Really looking forward to this one tho.

>Looks like Harrelson will be a better version of the Colonel from Avatar.

Maybe. The Colonel would be a pretty hard character to top, the only memorable thing from that movie.

Would have been cool if Stephen Lang played Harrelson's character. He would nail it.

POTTERY

>Truly this will be a Planet of [the] Apes
Bravo

But seriously, it looks good. And how the hell is Maurice so realistic compared to the other apes? He honestly doesn't look CGI at all

>hit too close to home
Cancer reddit baby spotted lmao.

Why do you dislike them so much? They're far from high art but:

>No universe building BS
>Better characters than capeshit
>Well filmed
>Silly different premise from everything else that comes out
>Movies are released on a proper, non rushed schedule
>Not forced through corporate reshoots
>Good action usually

I just think they're refreshing because 90% of blockbusters are worse than them.

I saw it in theatres. The humans were mainly in the right, and I really liked Oldman's character. I suppose it must sound stupid to ask for polarized characters, but i still saw a lot of people empathizing with the apes and shit. Looks like this movie has them both forced to extremes. I just think that that'll lead to a funnier conclusion and less wasted time moralizing.

I thought this movie was going to be set in planet of the apes times. Does this mean movie number 4 will be about the astronauts?

Pretty impressive this series got this far. They're genuinely amazing movies but I expected them to flop. I wonder if they'll go on to cover some of the planet of the apes sequel content. Hopefully not the telepathic mutants.

im pretty sure Franco died i the plague

>Later production art confirmed the sight – a faction of the apes (remnants from the Koba supporters) will defect from Caesar’s group and join up with the humans against him.

Neat

As good as Rise turned out, the "damn dirty ape" line is so horrible and out of place. It made me physically recoil.

At the end of the first movie you see that a airline pilot gets sick with a virus from the lab. This kills most of humanity but none of the apes die from it that are in the woods now.

The super scarred one is the dick one (really hate human since they fucked with him in the lab) that got rekt by Caesar in Dawn

Probably the lack of hair on his face and darker skin tone. Hair is notoriously hard to animate.

You're literally retarded if you think this series is going to have "one faction good, other faction bad"

Holy shit it embarasses me to think I discuss film on the same board as someone so thematically illiterate

Yeah pretty much this. They're blockbusters but they're quality blockbusters. The special effects are totally used to service the characters and story, nothing's gratuitous.

Probably, but even his fur looks a lot better.

i thought it was fine and even if you didn't like it Caesars response made up for it

>That's how you scatter the roaches
>It is my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed. Not with all of you.

I'd bet this will be a better movie than Avatar but you have to admit, Quaritch was pretty fucking based.

>So sick of retarded environmentalist or racism messages

POTA has ALWAYS been about this stuff though. The first one was made in the 60's.

>if we lose it will be a planet of the apes

has any trailer ever done this before?

youtube.com/watch?v=JDbwEQG2cqI

>the gorilla's reaction