Tim, MDE and AS drama

I know there's a whole drama going on right now involving Tim Heidecker, MDE, Trump and Adult Swim etc. and I wanted to share my view on it based
on being a long-time fan of Tim's and recently discovered MDE.

The T&E form of humor is very strange. The content featured in the show is from the duo Tim and Eric, so obviously the ideas come from both of
them. But despite the strangeness, the humor takes on a very comprehensible style of absurd-style comedy. I'll talk about Tim's form of humor since
he's the topic here, and Eric's is a different style.

Tim's humor is based on the ridicule of a type of personality. In many of the episodes, Tim's behavior is ridiculous and bizarre, but much of the time it
is just subtle or confusing. Watching the show, the humor appealed to me very much and I thought it was very funny. But I also felt like the humor
also had a deeper weight to it, like Robin Williams' or Bill Murray's, which added to its value in my view. I wondered why this was, but I felt a specific
interest in the personality being highlighted: Someone who is very abrasive, pompous and seemingly purposefully inarticulate which ironically
invalidates their inflated ego constantly. In addition, a self-ironic strange type of "cringe-worthy" false attempt at dad-style humor, which is to be seen
as part of the personality, and uncalled-for fits of rage. Eventually I realized exactly what this is; Satire of the stereotypical republican boomer-aged
person. This accurate characterization made it even more hilarious and delightful to watch, or even think about.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e1D0quttOeY
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYUXOSxHtc
laweekly.com/music/are-tim-and-eric-getting-political-2404765
youtube.com/watch?v=USA5v08NcEU
avclub.com/article/tim-heidecker-has-infiltrated-republican-national--239803
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The significance of this is not small. Tim's humor has been consciously concentrated towards the highlighting of the ridiculousness and, in the take on its shittiness, the ironic hilarity to such a personality. It is obvious from this that Tim's views would be more to the left. In a interview he did years
ago, Tim explained that he was a "left-leaning" person coming from a "mostly right-wing, conservative family." Tim has a personal reason to focus on this as he had personal experience with just how idiotic, destructive and bizzare the conservative mindset can be. Most comedians have made fun of conservatives and have succeeded in doing so, but they all pale in comparison to Heidecker's literal embodiment of the worst parts of the mindset imo.

If you want evidence for the idea that Tim has been interested in specifically ridiculing this mindset:
youtube.com/watch?v=e1D0quttOeY
youtube.com/watch?v=6ZYUXOSxHtc
laweekly.com/music/are-tim-and-eric-getting-political-2404765

Tim has been making fun of Trump for years. In his view, Trump epitomizes everything wrong with the conservative, right-wing mindset.
youtube.com/watch?v=USA5v08NcEU (2011)

Tim's recent trip to the RNC
avclub.com/article/tim-heidecker-has-infiltrated-republican-national--239803

To Tim, this whole "alt-right" movement seems like a hard-line attempt pull in a younger generation of people and resurge the conservative party into something potentially uglier than even what it was before, with Trump being at the center of this train towards catastrophe. Even people like Alex Jones are involved in this, given that Alex Jones endorsed Trump and even interviewed him. Even though Trump is rich and has donated to many politicans... Faithless Alex Jones? Whether its stupidity or indecency, that is how it comes off. Tim is taking a moral stand at what he sees as a crossroads; to either go down the road of relative peace or political mayhem. Ergo, Tim's trip down to the RNC. A pledge started by Tim for comedians to unfollow Trump on twitter was created. Everything that could be done was done.

However, sadly it did not work. Trump won the electoral college, and it seems like this resurgence of conservatism is a growing poison that's quickly killing society. If you look at Tim's twitter, his behavior is fairly erratic. His society having chosen dumb evil has made him lose faith. However, that doesn't mean all is lost. There are still things that can be done. This is where MDE and AS come into play.

"What the fuck is 'Million Dollar Extreme?'" Tim asks himself, browsing his social media. He decides to look it up. Articles come up talking about how

>Watching the show, the humor appealed to me very much and I thought it was very funny.

What did he mean by this?

I hope this explains to fans of MDE and Tim why Tim may have had a reason to do this. Both are at fault in my view, but specifically Tim's mischaracterization of Trump and MDE have played a part in that decision process. As a big time and long time fan of Tim, I'm hoping he will have an epiphany on this and realize there's no reason to be so harshly opposed humor that harbors politically incorrect views. It would be really cool if they worked together to elevate each other's humor instead of being at such a distance because of politics. Finally, I believe that fans of MDE who insulted Tim on social media should go and apologize. Eventually, he will understand why there's no reason to be having this disagreement. I think Sam is still ready to make friends, if the option comes up.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and let you finish, dear, but robin williams' comedy was not deep. RIP, but seriously his shit was surface level.

I left a part out of this post:

Articles come up talking about how
the "alt-right show on adult swim" has been using racial stereotypes and hiding racist coded messages and symbols in their show. This is the end tip
of the conservative movement going on, rearing its ugly head. "That's it," Tim thinks. "ENOUGH." He sends an email to adult swim studios telling
them that if they don't get their acts together, he'll cut all affiliations with their company and make sure to make the reasons public as well. This is also revenge on the trolls who had been humiliating him for months, trolling him and telling him that he's "nothing" and "not worth a thing compared to MDE." Tim sits down in his lounge chair, thinking to himself. "Who the fuck is this Sam Hyde guy...? Just another troll."

forgive the shitty indentation, i wrote this in notepad because i knew it would be multiple posts

>tfw still like Tim

I just wanna watch B$M without all this political shit clouding the comedy scene.

I'm sure Tim knew about MDE before the recent Bernstein/Gelman drama, but not that much. An executie within AS said that MDE had been a frequent debate in the corporate office since it was first greenlit.

Gelman bringing it up as an explanation for why he was leaving made a ton of liberals, many of which make up the AS core audience, aware of Sam's show and when they looked more into it they had Bernstein's propaganda to go off, so it can be speculated that Tim and many others got scared of the liberal guilt machine and didn't want anyone to think they endorsed the show by staying with AS. So, Tim confirmed he was on Gelman's side to reassure any dumb fans who may have doubted him that he did not agree with MDE.

We can't deny that Sup Forums has played an enormous role in the cancellation, though. They are the ones who harass people in media daily and declare their love for Sam, so obviously many will see that connection and associate MDE with hate.

hey carol

I love how Sup Forums's edgy ways completely backfired on them and got that unfunny monkey btfo out of the air.

Ya blew it

>weak, frail, openly lazy, skinnyfat repulsive, effeminate "men" are now in charge of what is OK to laugh at and what isn't
So where are we headed?

agreed. Billion Dollar Movie is one of my favorite comedy movies, and T&E was one of my favorite shows. I hope nothing goes too far in any direction enough to make it unwatchable.

There's that side as well. But much of T&E humor could be considered offensive, yet they pushed it forward despite that for the innovation. To so readily agree to get rid of a show that got falsely defamed would indicate intent to me, which would fit in with the views Tim has already expressed to having.

>He sends an email to adult swim studios telling them that if they don't get their acts together, he'll cut all affiliations with their company and make sure to make the reasons public as well.

Except that never happened. Sam sealed his own fate with his toxic behavior toward other comedians.

I agree that Sams behavior toward other comedians contributed to it, but to me it makes the likelihood if that email even greater.

sam probably shouldn't have suggested an employee of disney killed his wife

long

years

of sam hyde and donald trump

I seriously just want all of these comedians to shut up and get back to making comfy content again.
I don't care if they like boipussy or burqas or bear arm rights or trump or fucking whatever. fucks sake.

I'm just tired of all of my favorite entertainers skeeting all over each other with twitter battles instead of making new material. yeah all this trump butthurt was hilarious a few months ago but now everything sucks ASS. I don't care if you hate jews or white men or kangz or fucking whoever.
jesus christ PLEASE can these people just have an orgy kiss and make up party already.

the ENTIRE entertainment industry is throwing away so much potential due to all this faggot ass butthurt. I hate this shit so much.

>ragekermit.webm.exe.tiff.dll

of trump, probably, but sam will kill himself long before that.

screen cap this post.

that's exactly the attitude that made Tim hate Trump fans and MDE so much.

someone just post a mega link to the fucking book pdf already, i'm not paying for shit Sambo

>8 years of Hyde
hahahaaha...i give him top 10 months before he fades into obscurity.

This 1000 times over

The flack tim gets for being a "lib-tard" is kinda silly in my opinion. Its obvious he is a democrat but, the humor in their shows has made fun of conservatives and liberals alike.

Take the married news team a literal representation of a super liberal cuckold relationship where wayne is continually shit on by Jan and ignored. Tim also loves to bash the Grateful Dead and other hippy dippy stuff like Alternative Medicine as seen in On Cinema while also making fun of conservative values in the same forum.

I have no issue with Sam and I still find MDE stuff funny, but I think he kinda shot himself in the foot insulting people including AS execs and riling up Sup Forums kids who then go on to twitter and just spam "KEK LIBTARD" over and over to people they perceive as being against Sam. I also do blame SJW who do the same thing on the other side by crying for the show to be stopped because of "Hidden Racist Imagery" or whatever stupid shit they said which is also retarded.

Sam and Tim are both cool with me.

Progressive faggots need to be brutally murdered.

Except Trump will get assassinated within a year

I really like MDE but my problem now is I can't tell if Sam is behind several Kaufman-laced proxies of irony or if he is seriously fucked in the head.

By Sam Hyde.
Who then is going to kill himself after crying about Tim, AS, Sup Forums and not having health insurance.

underrated satire

the fact that he thought hillary wouldve started a war and that pizzagate is real does bring his sanity into question... but i do want to see what they could do if they worked together with other comedians

>I can't tell if Sam is behind several Kaufman-laced proxies of irony or if he is seriously fucked in the head.

He's Absurdist comedy deep fried in Absurdity grease and dressed on top with random comedy sprinkles.

>Throws football
see you just have to
>throws football
understand
>throws football
the game
>throws football
now kiss it

>Sam sealed his own fate with his toxic behavior toward other comedians.

Gelman was right, enough of that toxic macho stuff, more female comedy is needed ASAP not offensive and reactionary shit like those MDE hacks.

hmm this is like the 60th MDE thread i seen
imma be on Sup Forums for awhile. laters

>tfw multiple hundred page threads about this shit alt right tv show and internet drama
>meanwhile, like five posts on my berserk adaptation thread
this board is rigged, man

By ur mom, lol

This is what Cucks like you said 5 years ago when Sup Forumsacks shilled his YT page here. Q

>*Record Scratch*
>*Freeze Frame*
>So, yeah, I bet you're probably wondering how I got here, huh?
>footage rewinds through the entire movie like a VHS tape.
>stops at footage of a young Tim Heidecker's girlfriend being stolen by an 'alt-right' jock and him being wedgied in a comical, over-the-top fashion.
>American Idiot by Greenday starts playing.

tim is being a fag about this
theres no meta contextual levels to this
theres no "brilliant" hidden meaning behind this
he angered a bunch of internet trolls who happened to be trump supporters and mde fans
and when hillary lost he took it out on mde

its sad, petty and pathetic

I never implied there was any "hidden meaning" behind his actions. I said in the OP that Tim has for a long time opposed violent/bigoted conservatism, and that he's essentially equated Trump and MDE with that. Tim is taking a moral stand. Just look at his twitter feed. This stuff really bothers him. It's like if the POS bigoted conservatives he knew growing up got younger than him and started a show in order to get attention. The rage is easily understandable.