Arrival

i didn't understand this movie until i read other people's analysis

what's wrong with me and how do i change

>what's wrong with me and how do i change

You might be a dumbhead, and maybe read some books or something.

well done op. admitting you're an idiot is the first step to change.

>You might be a dumbhead
wrong

i'm not an idiot

JUST

have you seen Enemy?

Lmao just turn your brain on bro

no
but i probably wouldn't get that either until i read an analysis

you should watch it, don't look up what it's about, then watch an analysis afterward

It's much more cryptic then Arrival

Enemy is actually really trasparent if you have basic knowlege about modern art
Hint: Louise Bourgeois

>Oriental Pearl TV Tower in Hong Kong
D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

brain is a muscle,use it more often and it will work better.
but anyway mcdonalds allways needs people to serve their shit so dont worry.

what the fuck is there to understand? the 7leged fellas are there to give them a weapon, their language, and they will need humanity's help in 3000 years. once you learn the language your perception of time changes.

did I leave something out?

>but anyway mcdonalds allways needs people

i'm an accountant. i don't need to work at mcdonalds : )

>i'm an accountant.

OK, I think a picture is starting to form here.

>i'm an accountant
>posting on Sup Forums

actually, that checks out, you socially retarded joy-sink.

saw this today, what else can i watch tonight?

>joy-sink
don't know what that is but you need to become less bitter my man

>once you learn the language your perception of time changes.

literally did not know that until i read reviews. i also didn't know that her marriage life was the future instead of the past. through out the end i was wondering why the fuck she didn't remember her husband and now i know

>i also didn't know that her marriage life was the future instead of the past.

Same thing happened to me.

DUDE TIME TRAVEL GLOBALISM LMAO

how do I just turn my brain on bro?

OP, you are definitely not alone. At least you're admitting it.

The levels of complaint I've seen on this board about not getting this movie leads me to believe the level of autism here is severely underestimated.

no spoiler plox me not pirate movi yet

if you don't read books regularly, then you can't do it sorry

but i read a lot on Sup Forums.

that only increases your level of autism...

It was said constantly in the movie that language shapes our perception of reality. Jeremy Renner's first scene is him talking about how language shapes out perception of reality. Basic PSY101 shit here.

The first line of the movie is something like "I'm not sure how memories work anymore."

Sapir-Whorf hypothesis, you dumb fuck

I recommended a full spread of paradoxical torpedoes

Worf, don't you have a villain of the week to job to?

doesn't count

>thinks Sup Forums is a book
You already lost, son. Embrace mediocrity and stupidity, nothing wrong with that. A big part of the population is like that.

Saw this with my dad who I normally would consider pretty good with this kind of thing and he made the same mistake as you about the marriage.

At the time I just attributed it to old age because I got it instantly but maybe it's actually a deeper problem than I thought it was.

Damn nigga, you dumb. I can't imagine them spelling this out any more obviously. Maybe if she proclaimed "NOW I CAN SEE THE FUTURE" but that's about it.

ay i knew that she could see the future i just didn't know that learning the alien's language would correlate to that because the quote about how language can change the way you think went over my head and i just forgot about it

To be fair, to you dumb-dumbs, the concepts of time as we know them: past, present, and future are entirely human constructs. You being confused about Louise's memories, thinking they were from the past, but were in fact 'actually being from the future', makes you very human. One of the points of the movie, is that these concepts of time do not exist anymore once you experience time non-linearly. A non-linear time perceiving being would see events in a circular fashion. You would see the past, present, and future, at the same time, all the time. Like you see sun's light, it's just part of your reality.

So that just brings it back to the philosophical debates about determinism and free-will. Would you still have free-wii if you could see the future, but you chose to act out in accordance if what you're seeing, because that's the way things should be? That was the ultimate implication. To exercise your free will to not act against future events, in conceding that you have it, but will not use it, to act out against future events.

I'm guessing that acting out against what you see, would cause unforeseen, possibly bad chain reactions/disturbances in the dimension(s). So your only option is to live in harmony with what you see. That seemed to have been the alien's 'red pill'.

maybe this part was 2deep4u

Read the original short story "the story of your life" to gain a better understanding, the movie added a lot of nonsense and left out quite a bit, turned a great story into a marginal popcorn flick, the original story challenges the idea of free will, the aliens arrive, remain in orbit, leave communication devices in different countries, never tell why they are here, no bombs, no evil military, no Chinese generals, after teaching their language, they leave, no explanation, no "we need you to rescue us in the future", they just teach and leave, they came for their own reasons, not ours, novella is much better than the film, read it.

I really hated this movie, what a mess. Love can transcend time and space please give me a fucking break.