Rogue One can't even make $300m at the box office worldwide

>Rogue One can't even make $300m at the box office worldwide

Batman v Superman did $420m

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-box-office-opening-disney-felicity-jones-1201867465/

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2015.htm
boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>muh company wars
What went wrong in your life?

How did that opening work out for BvS?

>>mfw no kyle katarn or jan ors stealing death star plans

It will still make 400m opening weekend and 600m opening week.. But it will be slow after that and will make 750-800m when it's all over

No one gives a shit about your fan fiction.

>Batman v Superman did $420m
Uhhh...
>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=superman2015.htm
>Opening Weekend: $166,007,347
Nice try, DCuck.

You actually like that Gary Stu?

boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm

Dumb cunt.

And I'm not a DC fan, BvS was shit. It's just fucking hilarious that a hyped star wars movie is going to fall behind it by nearly $150m in worldwide opening weekend gross.

Really though no way he passes for an Imperial officer. She could just pop the helmet on but the officers are all clean shaven.

>Harry Potter beat Batman and Superman by more than $60million
How will DCucks ever recover?

Confirmed massive bomb. Star Wars is finished.

I don't give a fuck about DC you dumb fucking piece of shit. I just used BVS as an example because it's a garbage movie and STILL managed to BTFO of Rogue One

Jesus christ I know better next time than to mention BVS amongst you mongoloids

>a spin-off should beat a movie featuring two characters who are literally more well known than Jesus
>I'm not a DCuck
Y'okay.

It'll barely beat Deadpool, then. A literally who superhero and Rogue One can barely beat him.

And? Why is Sup Forums railing against revenue being used as a quality metric one minute and then citing it as irrefutable proof of quality the next? Why can't you losers stop being such retards?

Nice try, Disney shill.

>implying i like this bullshit
Nice try, assblasted DCuck.

No one gives a shit about Disney's fan fiction either, as will be witnessed when it "unexpectedly" bombs.

>If you can make god bleed, people will cease to believe in him

This film doesn't even need to flop to send Disney into a flat panic, it just needs to underperform. I'm guessing if it falls short of $1.5 billion worldwide when the dust has settled, but the real panic point will be if it doesn't break $1 billion.

I'm looking forward to see how this all falls out.

>Disney
>Star Wars
>bombs

Why are tripfags so fucking retarded?

I'm guessing you don't know much about the box office.

It's literally impossible for it to make $1.5b - and it's very likely to fall below $1b at this point. Looking like $900-$950m final gross.

>Why are tripfags so fucking retarded?
You answered your own question.

It'll still make over a billion dollars and Disney will continue to shit out new Star Wars movies each year for the next decade

Just deal with it

It's almost as imposible as say Trump becoming the fucking president elect of USA
Ca you imagine that? Trump president? LOL

You should really think before mentioning BvS around here if you don't actually want to talk about it

every star wars movie in the franchise grossed more worldwide than BvS

apparently opening weekends only count now

Actually only TPM and TFA grossed more. BvS beat every single other film.

>apparently opening weekends only count now
Because the contrarians of Sup Forums need BvS to be more successful than everything else.

I don't put much stock in these early estimations any more. I remember Ghostbusters 2016 was predicted to have a "massive" opening and limped to about $40 million. The people making these calls have all lost the plot.

Here's my armchair take:

>It has the name Star Wars attached
>Out in time for Christmas/New Year's
>No competition in that window unless you count Assassin's Creed

It could easily go either way, but I'm guessing it'll open big as it's the only appealing family cinema trip proposition for the holidays. The film isn't out for another five-six days in the US or internationally, I think it's way too early to call what the opening take will be. The bigger question is if the film will have legs after its first week on release.

Are the chinks going to save it? didn't they cast a couple of gooks to bring in the nip audience?

predicted to do less than TFA in china

Please give me a link to this. I need to see it confirmed before I can laugh myself to death.

>Cast Fan Bingbing as Jyn Erso

There you go Disney, I just made your film considerably more watchable, ticked the diversity box and automatically netted you a huge chunk of the Chinese box office. You fucking morons.

Does it even matter how much it makes? Disneys going to keep churning them out no matter what anyways. I'm more concerned with if its a decent movie or not. At the very least it looks better than TFA. Its going to make bank regardless because its Stawars/Disney

Why is she so airbrushed?

Disney spent a lot of money to acquire this franchise and still haven't broken even on it.

I think what most of us are hoping for is some kind of course correction if the movies almost immediately start underperforming. Personally I'd like to see Kathleen Kennedy out, Gary Kurtz in.

not an official prediction, just based on some insider tracking data and the fact that it's literally being discussed 1/10 as much on social media in China as TFA was.

You won't get any official predictions from actual news sources for a few weeks, but you'll see when it comes out on January 6th anyway.

Might not even make it to $100m in China. Might even massively flop and make like $50-$60m, but that's not set in stone yet

No idea, she looks adorable as-is.

Hahaha oh wow.

I think Disney shot their bolt with TFA, nobody in mainland China gives a shit about Star Wars to begin with and their first real exposure was a dull, lifeless mess featuring STRONG FEMALE PROTAGONIST and BLACK MALE DEUTERAGONIST (who had been airbrushed out of all the promo material for that region), both things that were guaranteed to not play well to that crowd.

You're fucking delusional.

No because of inflation since 1977. Adjusted for inflation, Star Wars is second only to Gone With The Wind, and BvS is down around Hunger Games Catching Fire.

And none of this adjusts for much larger populations domestic or foreign, incl. China.

her feet suck

how do you figure they havnt broken even yet

>Under the deal, Disney acquired ownership of Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Lucasfilm's operating businesses in live-action film production, consumer products, video games, animation, visual effects, and audio post-production.[19] Disney also acquired Lucasfilm's portfolio of entertainment technologies.

they control the rights to all lucasfilm merchandise and the television/digital distribution for all 7 films, not just TFA box office receipts

Wew franchise fatigue setting in the 2nd fucking movie hahaha

They paid $4 billion, and for all the numbers that get thrown around like "$1 billion in toy sales", "$2.2 billion at the box office", etc that's all gross, not net.

Take away the costs of producing and marketing the movies, factor in that the majority of merchandising sales go back to the people making the merchandise, the ongoing cost of aggressively marketing the brand, producing TV, novel, game, comic, etc spinoffs in-house and so on and they're probably only about halfway there.