youtube.com/watch?v=XmH4_pr6mH0
youtube.com/watch?v=FrLequ6dUdM
youtube.com/watch?v=h26GgWHfcxg
youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU
youtube.com/watch?v=SfhsWbCU9bY
youtube.com/watch?v=g0d7v8U9pSw&pbjreload=10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw people will only care because it's with Bruno Mars and Thotti B

Doesn't matter, let the new jack swing revival era begin. And for that matter, let's make hip house great again like it was during the exact same time.

cringe

peak late 90's. not bad.

shouldnt you talk about this trash on facebook with all the other normalfags

>late 90's

By the late 90's, new jack swing was sputtering its last breath as a genre, only to be absorbed by boy bands. This, especially with the music video, is squarely in the early 90's. In fact, the video is a giant homage to the In Living Color TV series.

The 90s never sounded or looked like this. Just stop

Shut up user, this could easily spin into a new jack swing thread, something you faggots almost never talk about.

james ferraro has really gone in a strange direction

youtube.com/watch?v=sWHX7QF8ETE

youtube.com/watch?v=XmH4_pr6mH0

The early 90's sure did.

it's post-post modernist

The early 90s was a continuation of the 80s.

youtube.com/watch?v=FrLequ6dUdM

does this look reminiscent of the op video you fucking retard

Dude I don't really follow old black music. When I think late 90s I think britney and *nsync, not this r kelly destinys child stuff. That wasnt my scene.

I am aware, but it's not as clear cut as you might think. Sure, there was plenty of bleed over from the 80's that wouldn't die until at least 1993-1994, especially when it came to the high top fade and mullet, but the early 90's also had some very noticeable differences from the 80's, even the late 80's. Look at the difference between two songs from this new jack swing/rap group.

youtube.com/watch?v=h26GgWHfcxg

youtube.com/watch?v=iKKONgfNONU

That was only 3 years between the two.

TLC was one of the top selling girl groups of all time, it got to the point where most of their fans quickly became predominantly white in a very short time. I'm surprised you haven't heard more about them.

>Cardi B is one year older than you

I don't know how I should feel about this lads

Well, Cardi B is half Dominican, so she'll quickly age soon enough.

we already had that, these guys are dick riders. vid related. youtube.com/watch?v=SfhsWbCU9bY

I want to die holy shit haha

Bruno knows how to re-live through the era of the decade and make it his.
I always liked Cardi B and I was always there for Bruno. The chemistry between the two is pretty great.

Also, I'm digging the Bobby Brown vibe. Bobby Brown is massively underrated

Bobby Brown was great and all, but he was totally the most popular member of New Edition. Ralph was truly underrated.

>modern sounding music

Bobby wasn't underrated for his time but he certainly is underrated in every year starting with "2". He doesn't get his props for influencing a whole class of R&B singers since every mention of him is resorted to crack or wife-beater jokes...

I like Ralph Tresvant, though. Rated R was a clean album with great cuts, underrated outside of hits like Sensitivity and the less-impacting pop charts Stone Cold Gentleman; and It's Goin Down which is virtually unheard of.

That being said, I'm not surprised at all Bobby became a bigger act. He had better songs, he had more stage presence, even tho he wasn't as good looking as Ralph he had more swagger and charisma that gave him an edge.

ALSO, his dance moves were crisp and smooth as fuck. Have you ever seen him perform? That energy is crazy.

Here's a video of him performing to a faster arrangement of "I'll be Good to You"

youtube.com/watch?v=g0d7v8U9pSw&pbjreload=10

>Cardi B

Yes, we had about ten years of 80s nostalgia so its time for the 90s now.

PC music seems to be inspired by cheesy 90's dance music and visuals.

>Getting 2 dancers smaller than Bruno
He's a good dancer but still

Also this is out of date cheese

>Shill like there's no tomorrow!

ITT kids that have been alive long enough to realize trends are on a 20 year repeat

The 90s comeback started 6 years ago and is already getting old.

Prepare for the fetishising of early 00s culture, boyz.

scene comeback coming soon lads