North Carolina

What happens here?

I studied at UNC-Chapel Hill.

Top-tier education and campus. Shitty town. Also Raleigh is shit.

Why is it growing so fast?

that's what she said lmao

Cheap cost of living and property, just like every area that grows.

I wish we had more cool Civil War battlefields. Virginia has us pretty thoroughly beat there.

Also wish we had more great Civil War figures. Virginia beats us again...

THIEVES who STEAL COMPANIES from OHIO

Is this about the Wright brothers? Are you guys still mad they left your shitty state and came to ours?

So, why isn't Ohio growing then?

Toledo, Dayton, Youngstown are cheap af but still shrinking while NC's population increasing very quickly?

"the wright brothers" isn't a company you dummy
i was referring to cases like chiquita moving from cincinnati to charlotte because charlotte offered them a deal
>"The company was lured to Charlotte from Cincinnati in 2011 with the promise of $22 million worth of state and local incentives."
of course chiquita left NC 3 years later. roflmao

YOU CALLIN ME A THIEF?

North Carolina's economy is booming while Ohio's isn't. North Carolina has a good tech and banking scene in the research triangle and Charlotte respectively. Ohio doesn't. They do have cheap cost of living but that isn't why they are growing so fast because they always had cheap cost of living since they were settled 400 years ago.

Rednecks, rednecks everywhere!

The best state in the union! The Triangle and Charlotte hold endless potential for future success! Jesse Helms was the greatest senator of modern times! Charming southern culture in the rural areas! Bustling cosmopolitanism in the cities! Home to world class universities like UNC, Duke, Wake Forest, and Davidson! Some of the nicest locals you could meet (unless they're black)! Please don't stay here if you vote Democrat!

Are you one of the rednecks the Puerto Rican dude was talking about?

Thinking about going to Duke or UNC. Is there anyone who can tell more about either place?

What do you want to know?

Housing cost, cost of anything else (mostly grocery), if either is good place to do biomedical research

>North Carolina's economy is booming while Ohio's isn't.
what are you basing this on. ohio has a higher gdp and it's growing faster than north carolina's.

>Please don't stay here if you vote Democrat!
i can respect this

I can't really speak to cost. Durham and CH are both probably going to be more expensive than other places in the state but it's not going to be insanely high. Both places would be fine for the research you're interested in.

Two growing cities full of northern transplants (Charlotte and Raleigh) with massive rural population in between that keeps the state conservative. NC has the second largest rural population in the USA behind Texas yet is only half the size.

We like whole hog BBQ with vinegar, college basketball, nascar, and have the best natural beauty east of the Rockies. Blue Ridge mountains + OBX makes it unbeatable in my opinion.

Nice weather, low taxes, and business friendly politicians.

they're right next to eachother. I have friends who attend both and live together. Chapel Hill is a typical nice southern town although it's full of liberal transplants now and durham is a big ghetto.

Pretty much this. Plus rednecks and hillbillies in the mountains, but they're not too bad honestly. Also we manage to have top tier universities but treat our public school teachers like dogshit.

Yeah, but you're mostly on meth and heroin, so we're not worried.

> and its growing faster than north carolina's.
Whole lot of growth potential once you've hit rock bottom. Interesting strategery you have there.