youtube.com/watch?v=XsG661PhOA8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

any with lisa as the main focus

mr lisa goes to washington is great
great b plot too

The Principal and the Pauper

If we define classic simpsons as Seasons 2-8 then it's Lisa The Vegetarian

Lisa was great in the early seasons you pleb

Lisa the Vegetarian might be the downfall of Lisa as a character but it's still a hilarious episode, and far from the worst.

Also there's no better way to out yourself as a tasteless faggot than not including season 1

It's fucking terrible.
It doesn't even feel like a Simpsons episode.

its like s2 episode....

Wow. Homer danced with a "belly dancer" at a stag party. Apparently, that's enough to keep the whole of Springfield engaged for a month and Marge so furious she kicks him out and all but threatens to divorce him if Homer doesn't go trough seedier parts of town to show Bart that women aren't just objects or something?

Dancing Homer is boring along with the one with the three eyed fish and Bart jumping the gorge.

Lisa was shit in the first seasons, and got better later.
That episode where she bitched over free cable? That time she hassled Bart for her birthday?

Dead Bart, definitely

She had her annoying moments, but she actually acted like a little girl instead of a middle-aged woman trapped in an 8-year old body.

S3.
But even the earlier seasons felt less off.
What the fuck happened to the Simpsons satire during that cringy montage in that episode?

Bart gets an F.
That episode is just very boring and has no point.

s1 was not even simpsons. it was like raw and real. also looked and sound bad

Lisa Sings the Blues is a season 1 episode.
She felt even less like an actual kid at the beginning.

>s1 was not even simpsons

GOAT early episode, pleb.

Jesus look at how that entire background is drawn by hand. Yeah the perspective and proportions are off, but the whole shot looks so much more alive and coherent as opposed to the stark contrast of cgi bg with only foreground by hand.

Mr. President a little girl lost her faith in democracy!

You work fast.
I work for Uncle Sam!

Lisa Goes to Washington rules.

This.
youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_mDQvCbw4

Like I said, cringe.
Just compare it with any other "political" episode of the classic seasons.

it wasnt
homer getting sad drunk
homer disappointing everyone
homer cant afford christmas
right in the feels everytime. you really see homer as a real guy who loves his wife, loves his kids but cant make ends meet and is trying his best but just cant keep it together.

The joke seems to have gone right above your head.

You see it time and again in the following seasons as well. It just ain't as "raw" because the jokes are more clever and numerous, which takes off the edge a little but delivers more laughs.

That scene was played straight.

A few episodes before/after had Marge borderline cheating.

not nearly as much. s1 was almost a different show. it was like a study of the modern american family with humor. after it was humor with all that other stuff

No, it wasn't. It was ironically riffing off of optimistic to a fault old time faith in the system, like Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.
The laughs come from trusting its audience to be aware that this would never play out like that. Today, then, or even in a time where films like Mr. Smith were made. It's cynical by virtue of being so saccharine.

man that episode pisses me off, a stain in what is otherwise a brilliant debut season

if by different you mean better I agree
season 1 was the only reason we cared to watch in the first place

probably true

>Lisa The Vegetarian

But that was great.
youtube.com/watch?v=wx59zLqBRuI
youtube.com/watch?v=MWvevkE0kAI

IMO Saturdays of Thunder, I feel it's the worst because it feels like an S1 episode that somehow aired in Season 3.

Just look at how its in between two glorious episode, "Lisa's Pony" and "Flaming Moe."

It's written with the sappiest Season 1 tendencies, Mr. Lisa Goes To Washington is also somewhat weak but Lisa talking to Thomas Jefferson is funny.

It was the 90s
In those days being unfaithful didn't only start once your dick was inside and the idea that men only had to pay money to get women to sexually entertain them was frowned upon.

I'd say season 2 is the best, but season 1 comes pretty close

Bleeding Gums Murphy episode was the worst

more like, it was the 90s and writers probably wanted her to give Homer a lapdance or something but the network wouldn't allow it

You have autism

The sequence was clearly exaggerated for comic effect.

Nah. It was still technically the 80s (a time where men were actually more likely to get away with this shit), and it reeks of network censorship. Because the only way this incident makes any sense would be if this was indeed a stripper, giving Homer a lap dance and with her tits in his face.
But what I don't get is, why not change it so the dancer gave him a kiss he didn't expect or something instead. Then I'd at least get Marge's reaction, though not the town's.

Do Americans pray to Lincoln like they pray to Jesus?

Hahahahaha.

Millenials don't understand the smalltown values

Just pretend she was sucking his cock or something.

who cares

Exactly.
Shit episode.

Its anachronistic, that's all. A parody of a the syrupy family dramas on the the Big Three.

If you can't get over your autism, that's on you.

Underrated

>anachronistic
I don't think you even know what that word means.

>family dramas on the the Big Three
Most of which would have been a lot more risqué with that subject matter since the 70s, even within that tight censorship framework.
It was rather that The Simpsons was trying to style itself as one of those during the first season, and succeeded at that for the most part. But not in this case.
Again, shit episode.

Nah, it was out of sight.

>I don't think you even know what that word means.
It means out of time, retard.

You're applying your millenial values to a show that drew it roots and substance from shows that romanticized 50's-era morality.

I grew up in a small town faggot, and you obviously know nothing about them. The "small town values" thing is a joke, stop watching Andy Hardy and visit the real world

Couple points:
1. Small towns still exist today, person's age has nothing to do with population scaled values.
2. Even for a small town something as harmless as dancing with a stripper at a bachelor party is normal, they'd only care if a man actually cheated on his wife.
3. Millennials are people who reached 20 at the time millennium hit, they're called millennials because they entered adult life with the new millennium, not were born in it.

It means "against" time and you applied it incorrectly in an attempt to sound smart.

And then you apply your alt-right neo 50s nostalgia to a show that was both aware and critical of the old fashioned 50s nostalgia from which it was born, the zeitgeist of the 80s the early 90s was growing increasingly cynical of. But less so in the first season, which was trying to be an animated All in the Family type affair during an era where animated = for children, as far as the networks were concerned.

Also, consider the climate, a time where conservatives and liberals could work together on a show like this, riff on one another and still get it out the door instead of it just devolving into childish inanities or thinking of everything in terms of a political attack and defend.
That is rather the millennial way, so if you don't want to come off as one, stop projecting.

>you applied it incorrectly in an attempt to sound smart.
No I didn't

> The Principal and the Pauper

Ruined Skinners charcter background. Didn't make sense.

> Lisa The Vegetarian

Homer and his BBBQ was the best storyline

Homer becomes the Capitol City mascot was the worst

not counting clip shows, either Radioactive Man or Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily

>Ruined Skinners charcter background. Didn't make sense.
Well it's supposed to make fun of shows that try to boost rating by revealing something shocking, but is then quickly forgotten about. The main issue is that the episode simply isn't funny, so instead of coming off as a parody it seems to just copy that cliche.

Anyway I wouldn't consider season 9 to be part of the 'classic years'

You literally said that the morals displayed in the episode were out of line with the climate of the late 80's. Making it anachronistic.

Why are you being such a belligerent nigger?

The Krusty episodes were the most boring

>Home Sweet Homediddly-Dum-Doodily

youtube.com/watch?v=XsG661PhOA8

It's baffling how after 20 years some people still don't understand it was a parody and spout the "worst episode ever" meme.
>not funny

I think you don't understand white american protestant values. Getting CAUGHT in a situation that gives the impression of impropriety is considered far worse than actually cheating.

Remember that time when Homer's brother invented a machine to communicate with toddlers and the fact was never brought up again?
Shitty character, retarded plot, no jokes. What was the point of that episode?

It was also..y'know...really not that funny

Season 9 really cut down on the laugh-out-loud moments, and I can't think of a single one from PatP

There are a few things worse than an unsuccessful parody when it comes to comedic writing. The problem wasn't that the audience didn't understand it, it failed to be clever, funny and sufficiently satirical to justify itself. It was an unfunny episode that toyed with an interesting concept, which it squandered.

No, people literally didn't understand it.
Which is why you have people still complaining that "it ruined Skinner's character".

I fucking loved that episode.
>They gave me a choice: jail, the army, or apologize to the judge. If I knew there was a war going on, I probably would have apologized.

This. Dubs confirm.
The idea is that if you're out there happily doing that shit publically, then the crap you do in private must be a 100 times worse.

It even the same today, even if what's considered "the line" has changed.

The one with the Critic obviously. Lisa Goes to Washington is great.

Other figures associated with The Simpsons have publicly criticized the episode. In an April 2001 interview, Harry Shearer, the voice of Principal Skinner, recalled that after reading the script, he told the writers, "That's so wrong. You're taking something that an audience has built eight years or nine years of investment in and just tossed it in the trash can for no good reason, for a story we've done before with other characters. It's so arbitrary and gratuitous, and it's disrespectful to the audience."[29]

In a December 2006 interview, Shearer added, "Now, [the writers] refuse to talk about it. They realize it was a horrible mistake. They never mention it. It's like they're punishing [the audience] for paying attention."[30] In the introduction to the ninth season DVD boxset, series creator Matt Groening describes "The Principal and the Pauper" as "one of [his] least favorite episodes".[31] He also called the episode "a mistake" in an interview with Rolling Stone.

No, not really, or at least not during the later half of the 20th century when boys will be boys was a more accepted part of male culture than it is now. You Jewish or traditional Japanese something? Even (or especially) back then, this was something they'd be making fun of the Flanders family making a big deal about. Tits out, grinding on lap, that's another story. But a clothed floozy while drunk at a stag party? Marge was shown to make far less innocent judgments during the very same season.

Great

Fuck I nearly forgot about this episode. It's the same season where Marge almost fell for that french bowling instructor because Homer bought her a bowling ball he wanted for himself.

>You Jewish or traditional Japanese.
New England WASP

If art fails to impart its meaning to an audience, it's failed as art.

The reason PatP failed was because it was such a milquetoast, unfunny "parody" that it was basically indistinguishable from a genuinely bad episode.

Simpsons writers also apologized for the New York episode, and I'd say that's much more retarded.
People succumbing to media and fans pressure means nothing.

literally the only funny part

That's a much better episode that tackles adult themes in a way that makes sense.

Or maybe the artist overestimated his audience. I absolutely don't buy your "the public is always right" rethoric.
And the episodes had many good jokes, some were already posted.

>Jew England

Or you're just playing the contrarian because you're bored.

Wiggum PI essentially pulled the same gag as PatP, a whole season earlier. The reason people don't complain was because it was actually funny.

>Sure, I took a brief stint as a principal of a small town elementary school. But at heart, I've always been a small-time hustler.

Why is everyone so stirred up about "The Principal and the Pauper"?
It's not like this is a series with contiuous character development. I even liked the throwback from a much later season when Lisa's cat Snowball II died.

fuck you caught me pls don't tell /pol

That episode was clearly not-canon and part of an anthology episode that started with a story where granpa Simpson was dead, don't even try this. There was no chance for even the most retarded spectator to misunderstand.

Its a petulent artist who blames the audience for the failures of his work.

It's painfully obvious what they were trying to do with the episode. I understand the "parody". It just wasn't that funny.

Did you actually enjoy the episode? Or does it just feed into your superiority complex when you assume that you were the only person smart enough to understand a cartoon.

It upset a lot of contemporary crititcs because it was one of the first episodes to pull that kind of thing. In later seasons the complete lack of continuity or consistent character backstories was a running gag, but when PatP was released it wasn't.

it shits on a character to make a joke about other shows that do the same thing, but since it isn't funny all we see is the writers shitting on a character

My point is, in one episode the whole town is up in arms because Homer got photographed with a bellydancer, in the other Marge is "seemingly" oblivious to the advances of her bowling instructor. Marge acting like an overzealous moral guardian is observable in quite a few episodes.

For me it was kinda funny seeing that nobody really cared about the real Skinner, they were all simply too lazy adapting to the real person.

Faggot, Lisa has always been unlikable and unfunny.

You didn't answer the question user.

Do you actually enjoy the episode, or is just a masturbatory assertion of how smart you are?

Spinoff Showcase was a 10/10 parody
PatP tried to basically do the same thing, but with lameduck season 9 jokes. The parody was so weak that it basically became a note-for-note run through of the thing it was supposed to be parodying.

Krusty fakes his own death episode

Bart kills that bird and feels guilty (not sure if this was season 9 or later though)

You did understand, many people didn't and still don't to this day, it's a fact. The outrage the episode caused would be absurd if it was only caused by the fact that"it wasn't funny".

wrong

Lisa episodes are some of the best. Lisa the Greek, Lisa's Substitute, Lisa's Pony, I Love Lisa, etc. She didn't become obnoxious until at least season 7

The actual worst classic episode is Abe meeting Beatrice and inheriting her money.
There are so few gags in that episode, and the ones which are there arent funny.

but that is what causes it, the fact that it's unfunny is what makes people fail to realize it's satire

a parody that isn't funny might as well be the genuine article