What's the most beautiful cinematographic shot in the Star Wars series?

What's the most beautiful cinematographic shot in the Star Wars series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_CMKRboU1ls?t=1m59s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

binary sunset, the best scene in the history of star wars

Obviously

She's beautiful

this is the true partisan's answer

You're probably memeing but I really do think she's beautiful. I'd do her.

Binary sunsets obviously

This is the first image that the public got to see before the original film was released in 1977.

Why would I be memeing?

My two favorites. Music for binary sun puts it on top, though.

That opening scene in Rouge one with the imperial guys walking through the wheat field was actually pretty neat.

I ran security and MidAmericon in 1976, Mark Hamil was there shilling for the movie for four days, IIRC. The room had C3, R2, and Darth on display. Had a bunch of stills too. I got a pre-production poster signed by Mark, and gave it to my then 10 year old brother. He still has it. Wish I'd been smart enough to get 5 of them.

wow they took footage from Apocalypse Now and replaced the copters with tie fighters

Bravo Disney

there is literally no way to dispute this

>there are 60 year old memespouters on Sup Forums

>muh cg

>muh matte paintings

Good, it looks straight out of jidai-geki.

It's just a feeling I had.

10/10

why did they land so far away

These scenes are neat. In fact the only stills ITT and on other threads from non-OT that aren't trash are from Rogue One.

....is it actually good?

The two best shots are Binary Sunset in Episode IV and the Luke-Vader fight in Episode V (specifically the one where Vader is blocking Luke's lightsaber one-handed and the blades are perpendicular).

Could be. Shots don't prove much though. Episode II had some really great ones (Anakin on the speeder going to save his mom, for example), and III had more good shots than good lines and good characters put together.

>Episode II had some really great ones (Anakin on the speeder going to save his mom, for example), and III had more good shots than good lines and good characters put together.

Except none of that is true.

haha never noticed that guy in the back staring at r2

>Chewie doesn't get a medal
thats raciest

Rogue one started great then was horrible turn ended great. You could tell the tone of the beginning and end were the original ideas and the rest of the movie was boring reshoots

Except it all is.

Indeed it is.

Pure kino.

It's got to be those two, OP's is just an Apocalypse Now ripoff

Brace for impact!

All of the prequel stills that (you) have posted are garbage, and all of them will be.

>implying I'm the guy who posted them

It sucks ass, but it has some incredible sequences. If you wanna nerd out about A New Hope era Star Wars it's pretty cool. Dialogue is flat and childish and the plot sucks though. Mads almost saved the movie...almost.

>Mads almost saved the movie
He didn't even get close. I couldn't be bothered to give a shit when his character died. They kept pushing his affection for the "stardust" nickname he gave Jyn but his line delivery was boring and emotionless so it all fell flat. I could definitely see it working if he had a better director though.

>They didn't make Mads an Imperial Intelligence interrogator tasked by Tarkin to break Rebels

What the fuck.

Yeah the whole concept for the movie was cool as fuck. I loved Ip man too so I was looking forward to Donnie Yen fight sequences and Mads as like the wise elder guiding the rebels in their quest.

Instead I got some cool sequences of the Death Star, some great intro shots of those Black Storm Troopers walking to Mad's house and a bunch of bullshit filler.
It was such a gyp. I was hoping for evil Mads too since his villain-role abilities are off the chart.

>look at me coppola, im the auteur now

Is jj the biggest hack ever?

>DUDE IM AN OT PURIST
>I ALSO LIKE REDDIT AND BBC

Coincidence?

lel

Them on the beach

>quip bot
>vader quip
>cgi tarkin and leia
>unconvincing acting by jones in the pivotal scene where she tells the rebels to fight

movie was ok, 6/10, but that shit above really iked me.

also why was leia on the rebel flagship that went into battle?

>It Ain't Sheev starts playing

This scene, despite being a shit movie

It's offensive what he's done.

I remember becoming visibly and physically angry when that shot happened

Movie about the 501st Legion Vader's Fist hunting down and slaughtering rebels in vengeance for the Death Star when.

>grassy field
>ship in the background
>leader surrounded by troops
>approaching a paranoid scientist about a superweapon

Sup Forums, come on, you're slipping.

Yeah I was going to upload that one, but I selected the wrong image.

Yep it's definitely one of the best cinematography scenes at least.

>vader quip

People really got caught up on this one this? It barely registered with me and just another one of Vader's snarks with sinister repercussions.

>"Delta, regroup—we're going after Sev."

The first line for Star Wars: Republic Commando movie.

It also uses the overused "blue and orange" meme tastefully in my opinion.

Sons with their fathers?

Episode 2 sucked so much shit compared to what it could've been. We wait for a few decades to see some master Jedi fuck shit up and then, in the end, it's just a bunch of fags in bathrobes getting nard punched.

reminder: This segment was guest directed by an uncredited Steven Spielberg.

youtu.be/_CMKRboU1ls?t=1m59s
Perfect match of the movement, the image, and the music, matching up the first time we hear the march with the Riefenstahl homage to beautiful effect.

You fags are seriously delusional if you think that image is anywhere near as good as the image posted in between This kind of trash is why people are latching onto Disney Star Wars so hard. Because at least it's not fucking ugly.

>Average Joe Schmo character living in some lawless multi-cultural shithole in the outer rim.
>Alien loan sharks catch him in some alley and start beating the shit out of him. One pulls a gun.
>A couple clone troopers come in and stun the aliens, arresting them. Pull the protag to his feet.
>Guy is thankful, and then shocked for a moment when the clones take off their helmets and look identical.
>Turns out that the Empire has just recently come to power and is spreading remaining contingents of the clone army to the outer rim.
>Because the army is spread so thin the Empire is opening recruitment to all young healthy humans for the first time.
>Protag is impressed and signs up.
>Movie follows his training and his first battles fighting on outer rim planets, taking down gangs, disorganized early rebels, basically consolidating the Empires establishing order.
>You follow him and his squad of new recruits, who all have distinct personalities and backgrounds. Kinda like Saving Private Ryan or Full Metal Jacket. A clone veteran is his squad leader and acts as a father figure toward the whole squad.
>Near the end of the movie squad is well seasoned and sent to Coruscant to receive an award for their service to the Empire.
>Rumor has it the Emperor himself, or one of his higher ups will be there to bestow the honor.
>In the middle of the ceremony bombs go off in the hall with zero time to react.
>6 or so people in the crowd pull blasters and start firing at the squad and the official.
>They are quickly taken down by the troopers… but unfortunately the squad leader was caught in the initial blast and killed, a couple other troopers were killed in the shooting.
>Turns out the terrorist attack was pulled by rebels hoping to assassinate the important Empire official.
>Movie ends with the protag pissed off and making an oath to destroy the rebels and avenge his squad leader. Wondering why people would rebel against the Empire that has given him so much.

Is there a webm of Friday the 13th XII: Vader Takes Manhattan yet?

If the Empire gave a shit about crime in the Outer Rim then why is Jabba still the top guy in Tattoonie?