Who is Snoke?

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Imperial_Advisor_(black_robe)
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Advisor
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor's_adviser
starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Ruling_Council/Legends
gamesradar.com/star-wars-8-rumor-says-snoke-appears-on-set-as-a-massive-intricate-puppet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Mace Windu

Plagus

Darth Plagueis. Those who say otherwise are in denial.

ezra. he was possesed by the night sisters ghostys

Darth Vader you would know that if you saw rogue one

The worst looking CGI creation since the shit from The Hobbit

Mara Jade masquerading as a sith master.

Luke's dark side.

Its Luuke!

sneeve

Kylo Ren from the future.

It's Plagueis it was revealed at that comic con. When a nerd asked, is Darth Plagueis going to appear in the next movie and that alien girl said, Plagueis does he mean Snoke?"

Brendan, after his ascendance

>actual name is snoke

Steve.

This.
It's the extracted dark half of Anakins heart fused into The Emperor's nobody.
His ultimate plan is to recreate the x-Saber by gathering 7 Jedi inti a battle with 13 Users of the Dark Side and obtain kingdom hearts. For this to happen he will first have to secure versions of himself from across the timelines and steal Mickey Mouse's heart since he's the King.

ur mum m8

Its Luke. Plageuis doesn't matter that much in film canon.

Possibly one of the Imperial advisors.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Unidentified_Imperial_Advisor_(black_robe)

The Emperor's Advisors were first referenced, as "the Emperor's courtiers," in the 1983 novelization of the film Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi before appearing in the film itself later the same year. The Imperial Advisors' outfits were designed by Nilo Rodis-Jamero, who was inspired by the outfits of Catholic bishops.[6] Other sources have since established the Advisors as being part of the Imperial Ruling Circle.

In 2003, a Return of the Jedi production photo of the red-and-black-robed Advisor and four others was included in a StarWars.com article, with text that read, "Among the members of Palpatine's Inner Circle are: Sate Pestage, Janus Greejatus, Sim Aloo, Ars Dangor, and Kren Blista-Vanee."[7] This led to certain fan confusion, in which the red-and-black-robed Advisor was interpreted to be Sate Pestage,[8] given that Pestage had previously been identified in the Expanded Universe wearing a similar headpiece.[9] However, the 2013 Star Wars: Galactic Files Series 2 card set reveals that all six Advisors aboard the Death Star were killed during the Battle of Endor, while Pestage is established to have lived past the Battle of Endor,[10] thus eliminating any connection between the two characters.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Advisor

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor's_adviser

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Ruling_Council/Legends

While the well-known publicity photo which appears in the The Dark Side Sourcebook only shows five Imperial advisors, close viewing of Return of the Jedi reveals that six advisors disembarked from the shuttle with the Emperor upon arrival at the second Death Star.

I'd watch this movie.

Fred Dibnah

Is there a torrent?

my theory is he is someone who fought Sheev to be the Sith Lord of that era and lost, that's where he got the scars. He was preparing for Sheev to fall out of power the whole time, that's how the first order had resources to become a threat.

last minute shit Disney villain tacked on by JJ

lel it 's the dude at the bottom with the tricorn hat

No, it's my father.

Snoke Plisken dumbass

All of you are wrong, he's a rakatan overlord possessing a body that is being decayed from the strong dark side energy. It will be revealed that Starkiller base was actually of Rakatan design(hints are already there, like it sucking star energy, just like the star forge).

But they wont make kotor canon though, they'll just steal everything from it. Thats why they made the hammerhead cruisers canon.

It's Jar Jar. It would explain his absence from the OT and show that Disney still respects George's vision.

An original character, and people will be pissed off when they discover this as they get their hopes up, thinking it's this character or that character.

Snoke doesn't look like a Muun

If he turns out to be one of the lackeys of Sheev I'll drop this shit ass franchise for good. That would be so unclimactic.

Didn't some user read the spinoff novels and confirm that Snoke is basically Sheev's old advisor/butler? He started off as a slave and rose through the Imperial ranks using cunning and deceit.

It's most likely Rokur Gepta the last sorcerer of Tund

Why do all the aliens in star wars look fucking horrible?

Darth Plaguis was only identified as a Muun in the EU. Disney wiped the EU away, so he can just as well be a human now, his species has never been established in the canon.

jynn erso

No, he 100% reused idea from EU like Rey, or Ben Harrison Ford Solo Leievich, etc.

I really like the mace windu theroy desu but we all know They are pretending the prequels don't exist

its clearly Big Luke

No, they literally don't know who plaeguis is. Daisy ask if he's talking about snoke, because she doesn't have a clue of star wars lore.

We know he's not likely human. Recent news came out that he'll be shown in person as a 7-8 foot tall puppet.

He could be a freakishly tall human, but it seems much more likely that he's an alien.

Whoops. Forgot to share a source:

gamesradar.com/star-wars-8-rumor-says-snoke-appears-on-set-as-a-massive-intricate-puppet/

Pure kino.

>Ars Dangor
Arse Danger?

This. They're desperate to cash in on nostalgia. Everything in these movies is connected to the original trilogy because they're too scared to do anything new. That's TFA was a glorified rehash, Rogue One is literally ANH filler, Boba Feet and Hand Solo are getting spin-offs, and VIII and IX are all about Skywalkers.

Really? sauce?

Plagueis. And Rey is Sheev's daughter or granddaughter.

>You will never join the Empire and kill rebel scum

Why live brothas?

If Snoke ends up being Mace Windu, Jar Jar, or Darth Plagueis then I'll forgive TFA for being so shitty.

She's Luke's daughter, you daft knob. Daisy said she thought it was obvious who her dad is after watching TFA so the ONLY sensible candidate is Luke. She immediately got flashes of him when she took his lightsaber, she was left on a planet exactly like Tatooine when Luke went into exile, they say right in the movie that she has a connection to Luke, Leia is immediately her best friend/mother figure. It's Luke.

Objectively correct.

Snoke is a rogue midichlorian. The hologram is just a projection of him but he's really very tiny.

Luke isn't Rey's dad, Rey's parents are nobodies

the timeline doesn't match up anyway - Rey's been on Jakku for 15 years and Luke's Jedi Order was only destroyed 5 years before TFA

I like to think the youngling theory is true. Remember they are abandoning Lucas's old ideas so Plagueis is out of the question.

But he had to form a new order, which is why Rey was dumped off like a latchkey kid.

>I like to think the youngling theory is true.
What is it?
>Remember they are abandoning Lucas's old ideas so Plagueis is out of the question.
But Plagueis is part of the movie canon, not expanded universe shit. Everything in the movies, even the prequels, is still canon. And a connection to the original trilogy through Palpatine is exactly what Disney would do to bring in the nostalgiafags.

Everybody in this thread is wrong. Here's the correct answer.

this makes the most sense, so it likely turn out to not be the case

>Snoke is gonna be the Dark Side manifested.
>Rey is Luke's Granddaughter
>Poe is Force-Sensitive

>implying it's not gonna be Luuuuke
He'd be a pretty big guy for a villain.

why would he have to dump her off?

really, there is nothing to suggest rey is related to Luke by blood except your own confirmation bias

Why did Jimmy Smitts have to dump Luke off? Star Wars is fucking stupid.

He's nobody. He's an entirely new character but he's essentially the Emperor 2.0.

a non-canon cg villian cooked up by disney executives

/thread

this

I suspect TFA is the final film that will have continued the old story . rogue one doesn't count as it was just filling a plothole.

from here on out it's a new adventure akin to avengers

Hahaha! Oh wow!

if this was the case i have no fucking idea i bet george is pulling the strings behind the scenes

I think that was the point though.

Lol. That's the plot twist for this trilogy. It was George all along.

The Expanded Universe has been effectively destroyed by Disney, so my theory is now that the Sith are nothing special, Snoke is just the leader of some other Dark-Side organization that was allied with the Emperor and in the Emperor's absence allowed Snoke to rise to power.

Jar Jar Binks

Snoke is a failed clone experiment. Sheev told the Kamionans to start injecting a small group of them with Midoclorians to build an elite force sensitive unit loyal to the emperor. Before the clones can fully develop, a Jedi finds out about the plot and slaughters all but one, who escapes. Some autistic things happen between II and VII and here we are.

The theory is that one of the younglings didn't die and was trained in the dark side. Would make him about 7 years older than Luke and would have major wounds.

This makes sense to me because the younglings are already force users, and the age seems to match.

DID YUH LAHK THA?
BLOODY 'ELL, TH'FORCE IS STRONG IN THIS 'UN!

Isn't Snoke Vader's butler from Rogue One?

Snoke actually bears a striking resemblance to another powerful force user from the prequels. The pale skin, the beady eyes and no lips. Once you see it you can't deny that Snoke=Poof.
He is a jedi master, but is suspiciously absent from the jedi council after Obi-Wan and Qui Gon report the return of the sith in episode 1.

What kind of shitty fucking actor doesn't research the universe they're about to become a major part of, especially one that they know full well will involve convention appearances with questions about it for the rest of their lives?

George doesn't say no whenever the art team shows him doodles of aliens. Every stupid thing gets in.

Would you give a fuck in his position? He's making ridiculous money whatever happens.

it would make sense if it was something to do with sheev's own secret deep core planet Byss

but i think we will find out a lot more about snoke in episode 8 so whatever we hypothesise now is just empty guessing

Yeah, i'd give a fuck no matter how much money I had.

I wonder what that guys weakness is?

you forgot that star wars was george's actual real life, he basically lived in it while existing in ours

This.

Is Snoke a real villain?

just read the wiki article. he has no spine and another brain in the chest

bravo george

This is what Palpatine looks like after getting thrown into a hole and blowing up in the last death star. he floated through space holding his breath and this is what all of that did to his body. his body finally reached the planet of Jakkuh and he got even more burned upon entering the atmosphere. it was there where the new story begins. upon the sand.

a lot of actors intentionally not read up on the books. some actors in Game of Thrones did the same so they wouldn't know when their character died

It's Vader

There's a difference between not reading ahead in the books and not knowing the first fucking thing about the history of a franchise that's existed since well before you were born.

Brendan Fraser in 2 years

>They're desperate to cash in on nostalgia.
What nostalgia? There isn't any for Plagueis, except for people heavily into the EU. Most people probably don't know (or care) who he is, and if they do, it's because of the vague mention of him in one scene in the prequels.

Plagueis is an obscure EU character, and it makes no sense for Disney to use him, because most people don't care about him.

>the age seems to match
Fucking how? Snoke looks dusty as fuck.

>What nostalgia? There isn't any for Plagueis
He gets to talk about Palpatine all the time. He has an instant connection to the original trilogy.
Disney isn't doing new and different. They're doing old and tired.

Darth Maul

How can Luke have a daughter if he's a virgin hermit?