I might have missed the explanation in the film...

I might have missed the explanation in the film, but why did the Empire dedicate resources to developing a Quips Droid and why did the Rebellion decide they needed one so bad that they stole one and wiped its memory

Other urls found in this thread:

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_wipe
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He was the best part of the film.

It was for sex

I think you've got that backwards. The Empire had some regular droids and then the Rebels decided that they would be more useful as QuipBot9000

For the same reason astro-droids are sassy and always chatting

bazinga

When they messed with the droid's programming the quips came with it

The rebels fucked up the reprogramming. There's like a one line explanation.

theyve always made retarded droids. its there thing. but he was objectively great. plus they reprogrammed him so yeah.

Have you ever worked in a military installation surrounded by men and no women?

You need something to pass the time and a robot comedian is great.

>Have you ever worked in a military installation

I graduated high school with a GPA of higher than 2.0, so no.

Because GROOT.
But it's explained in the movie.
>be a robot fag
>love robots because of Star Wars, awaiting robotflicks to replace capeshit
>love Alan Tudyk as a robot
>hate rogue One before seeing it, expect to like K2SO because you are meant to.
>completely shit character written for quips

DISAPPOINTED

>hate rogue One before seeing it
Stopped reading right there

>implying military equivalent office jobs are bad
Six figures, pension, healthcare and dental for sitting around playing with some buttons and knobs is a pretty sweet deal.

Better than flipping burgers at your job.

>Because GROOT.
>Guardians of the Galaxy was my first major blockbuster because I'm eight years old.

He's better than C3PO. I got sad when he died.

Because the Rebels stuffed up his programming.

Anyway, about this movie... what were the horizontal TIE ships?

>dude burgers lmao

well done, Private. you memed me

Tie Strikers that are used in atmosphere

He was an asshole to everyone for no reason. He was only good at the end.

Actually not in the military. Electrician by trade, but people that act like you usually have low-skilled jobs.

Nice projection.
It's Groot and Batista in one. I'm sorry you're so unintelligent.

The Empire didn't, he became a quip droid as a result of his reprogramming.

Lay some more projections on me bad boy, keep em coming

Just saying, military office jobs are easy as fuck and make lots of money. No reason to hate on that. Stay jaded.

The rebellion and empire are both led by rival comedians seeking to one up each other. I dont blame you for missing it but it was on a bunch of computer screens in the movie.

Alan Tudyk can do no wrong

Why have a "clone army" when droids could do the job?

Why have "super weapons" when anything traveling FTL hitting something is a super-nuke anyway?

Why does this franchise still bring out movies?

You people are incredible. I rolled my eyes when they gave him a super melodramatic death.

Fuck K2 and fuck his awful jokes.

It wasn't melodramatic at all. It was literally just "I'm getting filled with holes from blasters so goodbye". They didn't sensationalize it or try to make it overemotional. It just was emotional.

>Why have a "clone army" when droids could do the job?
Because the droid builders were not on their side.

>Why have "super weapons" when anything traveling FTL hitting something is a super-nuke anyway?
I don't think shooting simply anything FTL will cause an entire planet to explode.

If you reprogrammed a combat-ready robot wouldn't you want it to say what it thought so you had warning that it was rolling back?

why did a poor slave child living on a harsh desert planet decide to build a homosexual protocol droid?

he was reprogrammed by mexicans you poof

But he just did. He(the actor) was almost entirely unnecessary.

They just thought HK-47 was a cool concept and decided to steal it because Star Wars can't do anything original anymore.

>why would the Revels want proprietary technology belonging to their enemy?

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

>I have a bad feeling about this
>There is a x% chance of failure! XD

god I fucking hate normies

He was a fucking butler

>cut to two characters who never cared for K2so crying over their lost friend

Spotted the idiot who just ousted himself not watching the movie.

>There is a x% chance of failure! XD
He doesn't say that in the movie.

>shooting simply anything FTL will cause an entire planet to explode.
In reality, yes. But I'm fine with that level of fake physics in star wars.

>I don't think shooting simply anything FTL will cause an entire planet to explode.
It literally will, and more. According to the universal laws of physics, accelerating anything with a mass at the speed of light requires infinite energy. You could destroy the universe with a toothpick if you made it go fast enough.

he does, even the XD

Redd

In the EU he actually finds it and repairs it. Makes a lot more sense than him just building it from scratch. It also makes sense that he would tell the pretty girl that he built it himself to impress her when he really just restored it.

I like to imagine the reason we don't see any post Rogue One is they recognized that model was vulnerable to getting its memory wiped and discontinued its production

The fact that you're an electrician shows, I recommend you work on your grammar. A better version of your post would be:
Actually not in the military, electrician by trade, but people that act like you usually have low-skilled jobs.

Why would they do anything original when they have an entire EU to pick and choose from? Would you do it any different?

he looks like an Ashley Wood´s 3A toy

>accelerating anything with a mass at the speed of light requires infinite energy
In other words, it's all theoretical bullshit because it's impossible to move anything FTL.

>caring about grammar on a Mongolian fletching board
Please.

>The fact that you're an electrician shows
Shows what? I guarantee my career is better than yours. High wage, benefits, pension, union security. It's not easy to become one, either.

On a final note, if you want to be a grammar nazi, at least use correct grammar.

>Actually not in the military, electrician by trade, but people that act like you usually have low-skilled jobs.
Should be:
>Actually, not in the military; electrician by trade. But people that act like you usually have low-skilled jobs.

The grammar you used was atrocious.

he still says it was to help his mother
a gay robot that can barely walk isn't the best help for a slave

I saw K2 and thought he looked like the Iron Giant.
Then I remembered the end of Iron Giant and got sad.

I then got sad again when he died

He's eight. You're critiquing the logic of an eight year old who thought he was helping.

How do i become an electrician?

>it's all theoretical bullshit
>meteors are theoretical because they don't go FTL

Why would you get sad at a robots death? Seriously, they can make a new one with the same personality with ease

wouldn't destroy a planet fuck up the entire gravitational equilibrium of that system?

a genius 8 year old, supposedly
but sure, whatever, you'll try the age excuse
that's a good trick

I don't think they can make a new Space Zatoichi or new copies of whatever the main leads were called.

Oh wait, you were talking about the literal robot.

Who the fuck said he was a genius?

Depends where you live. If you live in a right to work state, then just start playing with wires until you feel confident enough to do it without killing yourself.

If you live a state with a union presence, apply at your local union hall. Pass a test based on mid-level algebra and reading comprehension (literally just a dumb ass filter). The hard part is doing well enough on the interview to set yourself apart from the masses. Depends where you live though, results may vary.

Then simply get 8000 years of on-the-job training and 1000 hours of schooling (paid for by the apprenticeship).

Enjoy your career.

If it's impossible, explain how sometimes when i cross the road, I can get to the other side before the light turns Green?

Checkmate Sciencefags.

Nigga you actually went full retard.

Funnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyy JOKE!

Thanks for the information user. Will get on that asap!

get off the stage joke cop Yoda

Wish you well! You don't have to work for 15 bucks an hour for the rest of your life! You can do it! :)

pretty sure they got the idea from 'proxy' a droid from the game the force unleashed. The difference with proxy was he could animate a hologram human body over his robot self.

Also in the game vaders apprentice was named galen marek or malek the first name for jyn ersos father. Galens name was also starkiller and his female partners name was jyn erso.

Also one of the jedi that he hunts down survives but is blinded and still gets by using the force and brings starkiller to the light side of the force.

plenty of ideas obviously came from the game

>Would you do it any different?
Yes, I'd just film the Thrawn Trilogy.

This whole "first order" thing is really gay.

Narwhal you just went full reddit

>the special snowflake trilogy

Nah, he is fine for a children cartoon not for a movie for adults

In the old canon, Jan Ors (a canon Asian woman) helped get the plans to the death star.

i thought the quips were good, but the execution and timing was off, which made it less funny than it should have

Star Wars is made for children

Droids getting odd personality quirks when they don't get their routine memory wipe is long established.

>Would you do it any different?
>Yes, I'd also take stuff from the EU.
Stupid ass.

>Luuke Skywalker
No thanks

Prove it.

>would do anything different than pick and choose to hodgepodge a story?
>yes I would pick one story

>hate rogue one before seeing it
>hate a character from the movie

wonder why that happened

Well the bar was pretty low.

not even remotely similar outside of the fact they're both assholes.

starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Memory_wipe
>Memory wipes were an important process, and the lack of one could allow droids to develop new ideas. This happened with the mining droid STALKER-1, who turned into a hunter after years without a memory reset.

I literally just googled 'droid memory wipe' you disabled child.

You answered a question that I never presented. Shut the fuck up.

>using star wars wiki as a source

>take stuff from the EU

No, I'd film a coherent trilogy, dumb cunt.

Most likely he didn't deliver quips until after his reprogramming.

>Thrawn Trilogy is dumb
>rehashing A New Hope is better

What the fuck do you want? A peer review?

He only quipped because of his reprogramming. These droids are designed for strategic assessments. They explain all of this in the movie, retard.

Now here are the actual problems: Why is a strategic droid so large and intimidating? What a complete waste of resources. He looks like a battle droid. Also, why did the Stormtrooopers not blink at the fact that such an important droid was relegated to transporting prisoners? That's not his function. Any mook could have done that. They should have suspected something right away.

Agreed. Best death scene.

Even if he was basically such doing the super-blunt Drax thing from GotG.

To be honest I never read the Trhawn Trilogy because I am not a faggot but I read his story in the Star Wars Encyclopedia I bought and it was laughable especially his last minute loss because of that bullshit thing with the alien bodyguards.

>C3PO gives odds as ratios
>K2 gives odds as percentages

REEEEE no consistency, shit movie

>GROOT

Except he's obviously a Drax pastiche, moron.

A decent source might be a good start.

I'm not going to comb through decades of source material to meet your exacting standards of autism, blow me.

You're actually mentally handicapped. Why are you here? This site is for people that are able to comprehend English.

The source used for that particular quote is from a canonical game in 2015. It failed hard but it's still canon.

See
>It's Groot and Batista in one
You Mormon. The appearance is crucial, tall and lanky but hunched over and gentle. And then the memes of drax.