Why is she being memed so hard right now?

Sounds like any other 80s-era J-poop to me. Are people trying to make this the new Rickrolling or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1H3cakt-cOc
youtube.com/watch?v=gSe56C2EBKc&t=1678s
youtube.com/watch?v=QicgfPt_k6M
youtube.com/watch?v=FfdxYzObL-0
youtube.com/watch?v=k-KAY_Glmn4
youtube.com/watch?v=VdqlOA0sZc0
youtube.com/watch?v=1iQBGaZ_kJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=2FND_q9eWmc
youtube.com/watch?v=PdgS_cyjrJw
youtube.com/watch?v=1gLhcjoQ0_c
youtube.com/watch?v=_0g79mTyjE0
youtube.com/watch?v=D0Lim2XmVc4
youtube.com/watch?v=Mb8Vx-PYdXw
youtube.com/watch?v=SlmQbZzqrZs
youtube.com/watch?v=No9apGY2miU
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mg6HqGr2ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=ck11pWTc2g8
youtube.com/watch?v=v6VmbmlUyww
youtube.com/watch?v=FnnarhVGpDM
youtube.com/watch?v=2VV5_AfJbAw
youtube.com/watch?v=l4lZD0Z01cQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LsPXl-OxW28
youtube.com/watch?v=IhCDK_pSjnk
youtube.com/watch?v=o_TIdWRuixo
youtube.com/watch?v=mXpCe5AITXY
youtube.com/watch?v=_2quiyHfJQw
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_2xzh0D5bY
youtube.com/watch?v=YIkd3H4tEf4
youtube.com/watch?v=4kHl4FoK1Ys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

New meme waifu like Kate Bush or Bjork.

I've noticed this. There has also been a massive shilling for Oasis/Gallagher's too

I wouldn’t mind citypop-rolling becoming a thing.

Oasis have always been a meme because of Montie
Youtube algorithm recced this song in particular to anyone who watched any video vaguely related to japan or vaporwave and it blew up.

it's a sexy song by a sexy girl!

Shitty vaporwave fags desu.

pretty boring tbqhwy

youtube.com/watch?v=1H3cakt-cOc

city pop is pretty fucking lit tho

I mean, it could be pretty funny, especially if a song has a recognizable opening melody or something along those lines.
That’s why Rickrolling was so good, you instantly recognize the drumbeat after a while.

I was listening a citypop station the other day and they played i different version of this song... sounded more basic, missing the guitar in the middle and a few other things... I still haven´t found it. City pop is amazing. my favorite singer is Taeko Ohnuki

youtube algorithms working their magic

>Taeko Ohnuki
She really sold City Pop for me. I thought it was some nostalgia circle jerk connected to the vaporwave thing, but then I listened to Sunshower and was really impressed.

Taeko's works were produced by the YMO guys. It's no surprise it's quality stuff.
Also her voice is pretty unique.

>tfw kingo hamada's copyright pit bulls are very efficient at taking down at his stuff
>tfw can't find mugshot anywhere on the internet

please help

that album is a flawless masterpiece

Just checked,there is a single upload on Soulseek.

Oh damn that's awesome, what is Soulseek?

a p2p file sharing network that's been around for almost 2 decades. Surprised you haven't heard about it.
www.slsknet.org

I found out about because of the memes and I enjoyed it.

This. Tasteless plebs jumping ship and bandwagoning something new. Reddit as fuck

Trolling? Plastic Love is a fucking amazing song.

When it comes down to it, that's just how every taste is formed.
Your favorite genre/artists are also a meme.
Unless you were alive before the internet became mainstream, and formed your tastes back then. But I doubt you were born before the 90s.

Fuck off Sup Forumseddit

>claiming to not like citypop
the nerve of you people

youtube.com/watch?v=gSe56C2EBKc&t=1678s

I know Mariya is pretty mainstream but it kinda upsets me it became a meme

I feel sorry for the people who were already into 80s Jpop and now have to put up with both the bandwagoners and the contrarians who hate it because it became popular.

its very cool but when i listened like 2 years ago was like any other 80s japanese pop song and just
now was given more attention its cliche but normies spoil everything

>cliche
agreed

It's cool, I was trying to make city pop and Sakamoto/YMO threads in 2016 but they went nowhere, now you can get 50+ replies. It's pretty nice. Glad the aesthetic kids are moving onto the good shit.

These 5 remain the best
youtube.com/watch?v=QicgfPt_k6M
youtube.com/watch?v=FfdxYzObL-0
youtube.com/watch?v=VdqlOA0sZc0
youtube.com/watch?v=1iQBGaZ_kJ4

forget the cliche i typed wrong

last year i drove from florida to oregon. doing 80 down deserted highways at 4am while blastin citypop and smokin cigarettes is a pretty cozy way to travel. id recommend

YMO sucks dude stop pushing that gay shit. It's like Kraftwerk and Nintendo shit. Plastic Love is funky and epic. It's the best fucking song I am sick of you assholes coming into every thread saying "wahhh it's too popular shes not as good as YMO or Momoko!!!" fuck you hipster contrarian assholes.

And then there's THIS guy

Get taste retard.
And I didn't criticize Plastic Love at all. It is by no means a bad song, it's a pretty dang good one. I personally don't think it's the single best that city pop has to offer and am a bit perplexed by how it became massively disproportionately popular, but I'm not complaining. I think it's cool. All I did was post some of my personal favs in this genre. I'm forgetting a lot too in that post. I went through a phase from 2015-17 where this stuff was almost all I listened to, it soundtracked a lot of my last year of HS and freshman year of college. I'm glad more people are into it, not a hipster contrarian thing at all!

I heard that Ryuichi Sakamoto was getting cancer treatment. Hopefully he's doing well.

Yeah it seems he's alright. Was diagnosed in 2014, and in 2015 he had apparently overcome it.
Ryuichi smoked way too much tobacco.

Dude...I see through your fucking tricks. You're trying to be all hipster like "I've heard this stuff before you my taste is above you and you're a pleb newfag, look at me". No fuck off man. Don't try to create hostile environment in here. Stop this passive aggressive shit my man. No one asked you to post your list of city pop obscure hits or how long you've been listening. YOu're just waving your e-peen.
Yeah, it's me. Hey.

Go the fuck back to Sup Forums you faggot.

Rei > Asuka

i liked the list of city pop obscure hits tho

You're just mad you didn't discover city pop until now.
Too late now.

Nah I want him to keep posting city pop hits.
PS if you don't like YMO you are actually a pleb.

What meme

It's some Sexy music
youtube.com/watch?v=2FND_q9eWmc
youtube.com/watch?v=PdgS_cyjrJw
youtube.com/watch?v=1gLhcjoQ0_c
youtube.com/watch?v=_0g79mTyjE0
youtube.com/watch?v=D0Lim2XmVc4

Are there any legit compilations for city pop? If not some of you guys who are really into it should put one together. A great comp is an excellent way to get people into a genre.

youtube algorithm decided to market it to weebs. weebs saw cute asian girl, decided it was their favorite album

What is a weeb? Does that word even have a meaning anymore in the context of the current globalized society?

*blocks your path*

heres a rare

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb8Vx-PYdXw

Because the cover is A E S T H E T I C.

youtube.com/watch?v=SlmQbZzqrZs
youtube.com/watch?v=No9apGY2miU
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mg6HqGr2ZA
youtube.com/watch?v=ck11pWTc2g8
youtube.com/watch?v=v6VmbmlUyww
some summer jams

Vaporwave used black and white photos?

Man there is good music in here. This is my humble offering. A nice lo fi version for all you hipsters out there.
youtube.com/watch?v=FnnarhVGpDM

Ehh I started listening to city pop way before that one song of hers became my favourite. She's just that good

youtube.com/watch?v=2VV5_AfJbAw

muh favourite

i don't care if its famous, it's good music anyways

yeah this 1 is the best

>One of her songs from the 1980 album "Miss M," "Heart to Heart" (co-written by Roger Nichols), was given English lyrics and a new title, "Now." It was recorded by The Carpenters, released in 1983, and was the last recording by the late Karen Carpenter.
Nice

There was a lot of this stuff minus the asians

youtube.com/watch?v=l4lZD0Z01cQ

This sounds pretty different to me this sounds more like a Tears for Fears Roxy Music type band

>right now?
Hey newfag

Tatsuro Yamashita - Spacy

Download this album right now. Do it. Best fucking thing I've heard in years.

Thank you user!

What is the most city pop anime?

California Crisis

Honneamise no tsubasa

maison ikkoku

i prefer "for you"

This. I have a big 80's anime fetish and this one is ultra comfy.

Youtube Algorithm is literally recommending it to everyone. It's had like 5 million + views in the past month.

I prefer Grey Skies actually.

I like Romantique the most, but I don't dislike any of her albums.

le gatekeeper face

Why is she so perfect?

youtube.com/watch?v=LsPXl-OxW28
youtube.com/watch?v=IhCDK_pSjnk
youtube.com/watch?v=o_TIdWRuixo

Modern Jpop is better than citypop desu

youtube.com/watch?v=mXpCe5AITXY
youtube.com/watch?v=_2quiyHfJQw
youtube.com/watch?v=Q_2xzh0D5bY

exterminate yourself forever

said literally nobody ever

Nah, 70s, 80s and 90s Jpop are all better, but modern Jpop is still better than modern western pop.

There's loads, my dude.

>[YouTube] MONDO GROSSO / ラビリンス (embed)

This may be one of my favourite songs and music videos of all time, it's so fucking comfy. Dancing was choreographed by the same person who did the choreography for lala land as well.

vocaland

It's made it's way into the YouTube algorithm, especially if you've ever listened to anything vaguely pop on there

Modern J-Pop that imitates city pop is even better.
youtube.com/watch?v=YIkd3H4tEf4

I dunno, I don't really dig the vocals.

>I thought it was some nostalgia circle jerk connected to the vaporwave thing

It is but there's nothing wrong with that

>Oasis have always been a meme because of Montie
Montie has only been on here since like 2015 newfag

she's literally the cutest asian girl I've seen and I spend long periods of time looking at cute asian girls

song's alright too.

Nah, some of us have been listening to this for a while, before vaporwave happened.

There were people listening to it before anyone on the board were born, too. I meant more about why it's popular today, how most people (myself included) think of it.

I guess, but still you shouldn't lump everyone who listen to this, or any other 80s japanese music into the same group.

I didn't intend to, but fair enough.

Anyone know any other songs with ridiculous view count?

youtube.com/watch?v=4kHl4FoK1Ys

Modern Talking stuff gets ridiculous views.

It's a gateway to the whole citypop scene. Like how that 420 song is known by normies, but is a good start to vapourwave