The Residents.
The guy from Devil Doll.

16 excuse you

mods

>earl
>frank ocean
>"mysterious"

Fred Durst.
All we know is he likes to party and wearing a red cap.

I rarely come to this board but it is strange seeing anyone on the internet (or anywhere really) mention sopor aeternus. Is this not surprising on this board? I've heard a lot of people talk shit about this board, is that due to them having shit taste?

More importantly, got any recommendations for something similar to sopor aeternus?

Not sure about cool, but The Residents have done a pretty good job keeping their identities secret for four decades.

Joey Salads. We know nothing for certain except that he has pissed in his own mouth before.

Me

grimes

Royal Trux

Most people here don't know Sopor Aeternus, but a few do, I've seen people mention it before.
I don't think there's something quite like Sopor, but you can try some neo/dark folk bands, like Sol Invictus, there's that folky/medieval and depressing atmosphere definitely.
For the more electronic, synth-heavy songs, like on La Chambre d'Echo and their more recent works, I suggest you check out this guy called Misa, released a demo tape in Japan in 1998, that's all there is, but it's really good
youtube.com/watch?v=jMQZlPAuuXM
Music is more fast-paced than Sopor, and more similar to speed metal if anything, but the synths are on point, it has that MIDI, analog sound, and uses the same kind of melodies and minor scales as Sopor, a lot of the compositions are similar. The one that sounds like Sopor the most to me is track 5 (10:58).
I can't really think of anything that sounds like Dead Lovers' Sarabande I and II though. Other than some film score or classical/neo classical music.

Is having a crotch blowout cool? Genuinely asking.

who is bottom right? i feel like i've seen him for sure can't pinpoint it

enjoy your b&

Bones?
Jermaine Dupri?

It's Jai Paul.

Connan Mockasin

This is the densest and most useful post I have seen in years on this website. Is Sup Forums usually this knowledgeable? I should hang out more. I've never really visited this board but if there are more anons like you, heavily analytical in terms of music theory, I may have found a new home. I've heard sol invictus before but I'm not very familiar currently (slightly alcohol currently, gonna double check later).

The closest I have to sopor aeternus is Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio - A man without war is a man without peace
youtube.com/watch?v=2SG9G-6I5K0
similar instrumentation but the scale and composition aren't close enough. Very unheard of though so throwing it out there because I listen to it regularly. Honestly, it is totally different but this is a hard band to match properly (which makes them even better.)
Sopor Aeternus' vocalists uses areas (emotional areas one might say, choir doesn't really lead to a clear way to describe tone.) generally reserved for other stuff. I could geek out about it as a choir student and also a metalhead (how to into vocalizing sounds makes me hard, as they say colloquially)

Also the beginning of Old Mornings Dawn by Summoning sounds like a Sopor Aeternus opening. Maybe some stuff by Sigh might be similar. I have a preference for "traditional instrumentation" but I can appreciate electronic as well. You just can't always get the same feel since synths really don't approximate physical instruments that well. If you're still around, throw me a few more recommendations because I like your taste.

>no one has posted buckethead yet

Alice Glass. You know nothing about her except that she likes to do drugs and dress like a goth.

dg are the only mysterious ones in that pic
also

Moondog