Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aEBvP0Cx2IU
sweetwater.com/store/detail/DCX1AEMac?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJKItaXU2AIVDHd-Ch13UAWHEAkYAiABEgIUkPD_BwE
youtu.be/-VXBM-mJEhU
youtu.be/17QumIuW7SU
reddit.com/r/Guitar/comments/23lin6/yngwie_malmsteen_talks_sht_about_other_guitarists/
clyp.it/t4j5cgdj
youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It’s straturday, boys

But that's a legacy.

Your boy pussy is a legacy

youtube.com/watch?v=aEBvP0Cx2IU
the age old question: how do I get similiar sound? my guess: distortion pedal (low distortion/high output) into a dirty amp (medium gain, scooped?)

>weeb edition
Kys

How often does /gg/ practice? Is an hour every day enough to get good?

hi

>an hour every day enough to get good?
after a year or two, you'll be sufficient.

>that rosewood
>those color choices

Patrician taste

thats a nice gringa

>doritos and mt dew
the dorito pope would be proud of you.

Depends on how much time I have. I usually dedicate at least an hour to straight practice and then I’ll pick my guitar up throughout the day so mess around. I like to play when watching tv or YouTube. It’s 50/50 wank and discipline

Is it bright? I guess, because G&L comes after Fender.

Just kiss me already you fucking gay

You've been delaying the stringing for how long now? What's it going to get?

Why are you so mad? We are all here to learn and share our knowledge. Some share less. Others shitpost. And others are delusional about what they know. Like thinking a legacy is a strat. As long as you don't repeat your mistakes everything will be alright.

Who /economypick/ here? I started practicing 3hrs or so a day (already been playing for 13 years). My goal is to get up to Eric Johnson speed by November. My right hand can currently only do 160bpm with precision. Anyone else on this journey?

why would you ever practice this

fuck off pajeet shill squier elsewhere.

>160bpm
sixteenth note? Why do you need more? Work on your precision.

You mean a squier strat?

P90s are my favorite pickups

Heh, you’re right. I got really excited when I got my pickguard on and haven’t taken any pictures since. I use D’Addario 11-49’s.

>not 100 nuggets edition

To play like Eric Johnson. My chords are good and my improv is good so this is what I’m working on next. I’d rather not stagnate if I can help it

I like that tone. It sounds scooped to me but maybe not with the knob cranked all the way to zero, and definitely not over-saturated in gain. I'm also reading online he used Laney amps on this, maybe the GH100L? Also reading there are a lot of multitracked guitars here, so maybe to get that kind of effect live use something like a digitech luxe or your favorite chorus pedal in the amp's effects loop.

Sorry, I'm not too great at this tone deciphering thing.

Yeah sixteenth’s. It just doesn’t feel fast enough yet. Something psychological where I know EJ plays faster so I can’t stop until I’m there. My precision at 160bpm is pretty much perfect, so it’s time to dial it up a bit.

Everyone LISTEN

To find the relative minor of a major, go three frets down. So if you have a progression in C major, the C major chord is on the 8th fret of the low E string. The relative minor is on the 5th fret of the low E string - A minor.

To find all chords in of a scale easily on the guitar (3 major, 3 minor and 1 dim chord) do this - for the C major scale:
> find the C major chord on the low E string (8th fret)
> go a string below on the same fret for your second major chord (F major)
> go two steps higher on the same string for the third major chord (G major)
> go to the relative minor position (5th fret), and repeat the same patter to find the three minor chords (A minor, D minor, E minor)
> the dim chord is just one fret down of the C major chord

If you want to expand this to 7th chords, the only thing to look out for is that the fo three major chord, the one I labeled the third major chord will be the dominant 7 chord.
After you found the chords, you can play the anywhere on the neck you want.

Incoming Part II - How to use this info to improvise

choose two (2) to take with you live

what is economy picking? like up then down down? and the down down are 2 strings next to eachother so u just kinda pull down?

G&L > Fender

Best acoustic < $1000?

thinking of this one

sweetwater.com/store/detail/DCX1AEMac?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxJKItaXU2AIVDHd-Ch13UAWHEAkYAiABEgIUkPD_BwE

The strat and the acoustic

I like that tele and I usually don’t like teles.

I'll take the Ovation and the fender strat on the far right

How do I understand in great depth guitar pedals/effects/vsts? I'm tired of aimlessly fucking around with amplitube and always ending up with a blurry awful something.

> My chords are good and my improv is good
Are you sure in this? How good?
How well can you improvise over a II-V-I? How many scale choices would you use on the V chord?
How many chord positions do you know of a major chord (inversions and/or substitutions)?

The best way not to stagnate is just learn more songs. Through them you'll learn all this stuff. Learn jazz standards. Or try fingerstyle acoustic for a change.

I throw all those down a salt mine and get a Les Paul

>My precision at 160bpm is pretty much perfect
I doubt it, but if it is true, try to play Bach's violin music. The 16th Paganini caprice is that speed too.

Just started recently. Been frustrated with my alt picking speed for a while.

>what is economy picking?
If you are staying on one string you alternate pick, if you are moving to a thicker string, you always use an upstroke, if you are moving to a thinner string you always use a downstroke.

When you've found you chords on the neck, find all the minor chords with the root on the low E string. For the C major case, thats the 5th fret (A minor), 10th fret (D minor) and 12th fret (E minor).

Here's the cool part:
You can play the pentatonic minor scale starting from any of these frets
So if you want to improvise in C major, you can use that famous pentatonic box everyone knows on the 5th fret, the 10th fret and the 12 fret.

The only difference between these three positions is the extra notes that you can add.
On the 5th fret position, the notes are:
high E string - 7th fret
B string - 6th fret

On the 10th fret position, the notes are:
high E string - 12th fret
B string - 12th fret

On the 12th fret position, the notes are:
high E string - 13th fret
B string - 13th fret

Try and identify the other notes yourself

>How many scale choices would you use on the V chord?
What do you mean by this?

Some people know this, some people don't, but this is basically the only info you need to freely stand and jam/improvise with other people (for jazz you might need some more practice though)

roman, stay quiet.

Exactly

>How well can you improvise over a II-V-I?
I had to do it for a side job every evening for 6 years.

>How many chord positions do you know of a major chord (inversions and/or substitutions)?
I directed all of my energy to chords for a good few years, pretty much never playing lead.

>The best way not to stagnate is just learn more songs.
That's one way, but teaching yourself new techniques and setting goals is another.

It's true, and not particularly impressive imo. But thanks, violing music sounds kinda interesting actually.

Cool man, who are you getting influence from for economy picking? What kinda music are you applying it to?

Can you please explain it, so I can correct you, please?

Look at roman trying to be tough

>Cool man, who are you getting influence from for economy picking?
youtu.be/-VXBM-mJEhU

youtu.be/17QumIuW7SU

>What kinda music are you applying it to?
Rock, Metal, Jazz, and Fusion.

Other thing you don't know. You are on a roll.

>reddit.com/r/Guitar/comments/23lin6/yngwie_malmsteen_talks_sht_about_other_guitarists/
what a dickhole

Wasn’t even me. I’m just sitting here wondering when you’re going to get off your ass and kiss me, little nigga.

>METALLICA "MASTER OF PUPPETS" Live Shit: Binge & Purge, Elektra (1993)

>That’s Metallica – I love it! This is maybe the second or third time I’ve heard this song, and the first time I’ve heard the live version. My old drummer and keyboardist liked Metallica a lot, and they played this song around the time I was recording Odyssey (1988). I liked it then and I like it now.

>Of all the bands that play this type of music, Metallica’s the best. James (Hetfield) sings better than all the other vocalists, and Lars (Ulrich) is a great drummer. I feel some sort of connection with them. I think the band heard some of my early demos, which sounded something like this. (Malmsteen demos first surfaced on college radio stations in Northern California, where Metallica is based) I’m not saying I influenced them, but maybe I did. Overall, the band has a great sound. But I think the lead guitar player (Kirk Hammett) is not very good. He can play fast and is pretty good at it. But hi s choice of notes and sense of pitch are very bad. I don’t think that he plays with musicality, or plays in tune. Rather than lifting the song, his solo seems to be the anticlimax.

I guess Kirk is finished. Also it's good to know Malmsteen influenced Metallica.

>As far as the singing goes, I couldn’t find enough words to describe my disgust, because it’s really not singing. It sounds like somebody is either shoving something up the vocalist’s ass, or something is coming out of his ass and his mouth at the same time.

Are there any tab sites that aren't shit?

To be fair, they literally asked for critique.

Post anime girls with guitars

Roman gets scared of dudes telling him to kiss him over the Internet.

best acoustic under $1000?

how high do you wear your strap /gg/?

As far as I know they can come home, so I have to take that with a little of caution.

It's cool to hear the guitar tracks on their own, you can really tell how much the bass drives the tone when it's gone. They used Laney and Mesa Boogie amps on that. Couldn't find any info about pedals, but I'm sure there's no full distortion pedal in there. Maybe an overdrive just for level boost. It's actually pretty low gain, it just sounds really big when they really dig in and layer the tracks. You can tell how little it is in the soft chuggy verses

Sup Forums, help me out.

is 800 $ for a used, mint condition, Edwards LP 98 a good deal?

seems a bit high to me, but i want it bad and i heard the build quality of edwards is superb.

get the other Martin, the 000 shape, in the same series (price range). I really like the 000, you can get some nice sounds both fingerstyle and strumming wise

where are you based?

>playing guitar in a standing position
Not once, not ever.

>he can't recognize Jeff Beck's signature song

What an ignorant piece of shit. How can you dedicate your whole life to guitar playing and not recognize one of the most iconic guitar tunes ever?

Why do I like this so much?

this high

clyp.it/t4j5cgdj

About as high up as Roy. It's much easier to play high up like this. Too many guitarists play it way low because they think it looks cool and they're doing a massive disservice to their playing by doing so. The guitar should be in a similar position to where it would be when you're sitting. Classical guitar instructors will instruct you to have the guitar in a specific position while sitting for a reason: because it's easiest to play in that position. Note that your arms are not fully extended in this position, like they are with a lot of kids who are trying to look cool.

>clyp.it/t4j5cgdj
roman, stop it. You have been debunked today too many times.

i like dreadnought though

You can give jcmfag a kiss for giving me your address.

yurop, so there arent that many jap made Les Pauls around.

Anyone have any idea if this is likely to go up in value over time? It's a Marshall Jtm 45/100 40th Anniversary amp. Do Marshall keep shitting these things out or is it actually quite rare?

Its in perfect condition, not a huge amount of use.

Then it is a good price. A very good price. I regret not buying one at that price when I had the chance. Go for it.

excuse me, but it looks like horrible kitsch
why is it shaped like a double bass, it only makes it totally uncomfortable

question- do you guys think strap height has ANY effect at all on how non-guitarists/people in the audience see you?

Try sending me some pizzas. I'm hungry.

>I think the guitarist bought a Chuck Berry record that had a scratch on it. He repeats the same thing, even though he changes the key
kek

Grab it. You won't regret it, Edwards Les Pauls are fantastic.

no not really idky

I just like my strap height because it feels comfortable

set too high and you'll look like that dork who puts his pants up so high

Lmao I bet you are with that fake av production business. Which reminds me, my boss just bought a Midas pro2C for the new year and I’m about to start training on it this Monday.

I thought you were going to realize by now I was not him, but it has been fun. But send the pizzas anyway. DO IT.
Only posers will notice.

Can you guys recommend some guitar documentaries?

Yeah I was thinking this, but setting it high makes my playing fucking miiiiiles better. Was wondering if I could get away with it.

user, I had a great time too. See you around.

Real men always place function over form.

What guy?

as long as you can play like this guy you should be good

youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

post some improv please, I want to know what good sounds like.

hey pizza guy can you send some to me too? im on brazil

not near an amp right now, ask me in another /gg/, I'll be the guy talking about economy picking.

bottom of the guitar is right above my dick

Mostly about Fender vs Gibson

I had bottom of the guitar at exactly the height of the bottom of my ballsack for a long time. That felt really comfy.

you never put the guitar over your dick, this is guitar 101

why??

name one guitar player that puts the guitar over his dick

guitar right over my dick