Does Sup Forums like post rock?

does Sup Forums like post rock?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eIpsDTSmRyM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I had the same thought, listening to shine on you crazy diamond, this album definitely influenced post-rock. Anyone heard any great post-rock (like swans or gy!be) that's been released recently?

Certain parts of Echoes, like the instrumental passage leading into the last verse, are sheer post rock. Actually I've always thought of Careful With That Axe Eugene as being the earliest example of a post rock track.

The Who did it two years before Pink Floyd; A Quick One... is probably the first ever proper Prog song.
youtube.com/watch?v=eIpsDTSmRyM

Apparently I'm alone in thinking the Wall is PL's best album, it seems like Wish You Were Here or Dark Side of the Moon are more acclaimed

>Apparently I'm alone in thinking the Wall is PL's best album
This is a good thing.

i'm with you on that

You really could make an argument that WYWH is proto-post-rock. I mean, listen to Shine On You Crazy Diamond then listen to Helpless Child. The inspiration is pretty obvious.

>proto-post-rock
so rock

I feel like a lot of prog/space/psyche rock (especially stuff that had jazz roots) influenced post-rock pretty heavily in general

gira has said that ummagumma is one of his favourite records. he's definitely been inspired by these lads

Yes I do

The Wall was basically a Roger Waters album featuring Pink Floyd.

What is pink floyd anyway

It's alright, but what does Sup Forums think of progressive rock?

Some variation of the individual members collaborating for the same end.

They were originally a psychedelic rock band, then their guitarist and co-singer tripped out on acid, so after a couple more albums, they became progressive rock band, then shit went down with the members, causing the most famous line-up to split, which they then made some alright records, then they released leftovers from the 70s and 80s and called that an album. TL;DR a prog rock band that made good albums, then the singer tried taking full control on their 11th album causing them to go from great to eh. Fuck, why did I write that.

Thanks for writing all that user, but I meant it as a joke seeing how many times members of the band left and 'pink floyd' kept going. Again thanks for taking the time to write all that, not a lot of people do that

david gilmour on guitar and rick wright on keyboards

everything else is just icing on the cake

Fuck me. Really they should've stopped when their synth player left.

I also think Roger Water's infatuation with Neil Young and Bob Dylan killed Pink Floyd. By the end of the 70's he was more more focused on being a singer songwriter kind of guy than leading a prog outfit. Pink Floyd were best when Roger gave them ideas and they made it good. Wish You Were Here and Animals would be were that approach peaked.

yeah i liked gy!be, sigur ros, god is an astronaut, explosions in the sky, this will destroy you, mono...

still love 65daysofstatic

I would agree. I felt Animals was the last album they worked on where everyone felt equal in production. Then The Wall was basically just Waters taking over the production. Ironic how the album has a song where the character thinks he's running a neo-nazi rally.

seems like the opposite to me

Walk down main street and ask every single person what their favorite Pink Floyd album is, I promise you most of them will say the Wall.

A Quick One is a hell of a lot more prog than post-rock

Isn't Underture from Tommy sort of close to post-rock as well?