"The Show Must Go On"

>"The Show Must Go On"
>Album stops being good

Was this done on purpose?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NWH-MtHbRuA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Holy shit this. Aside from In The Flesh the fourth part of The Wall is trash.

nah I liked the whole thing

It’s just too patrician for you to understand.

What did they mean by this?

Side 3 > Side 1 > Side 2 > Side 4

Probably some symbolic shit about the character's mental state or something like that.

The Wall the film is a fun musical, the album is trash. You're essentially listening to showtune. The songs only work in the context of the film.

Reminder that swishing a guitar through some nonsensical lyrics over and over on every song does not make a good album. Sorry Pink Floyd but you have nothing worth hyping over.

how come there's been so many threads about this album recently? anyway, i like the whole thing

>nothing worth hyping over
wrong

I don't remember The Show Must Go On being the first track on the album

The opposite is true. The album, although a little uneven, is generally solid and has some great songs on it, but is incredibly disjointed as a narrative story.

Its an attempt at a low opera, and opera is always better in its full format.

>swishing a guitar through some nonsensical lyrics
fuck you are seriously retarded

The Wall gets an undue amount of hate because of the albums that preceded it. Comparatively speaking, next to Meddle, Dark Side, Animals and WYWH, it's pretty weak. But it's still the last really good Floyd album.

>dsotm is better than the wall

this 100% actually yea
side 1 and 2 could be switched depending on how I'm feeling that day, but rn I agree

Is In The Flesh? about Roger Waters himself?

most of the album is about roger

Well. It is.

Just because you put it in greentext doesn't make it wrong

You may be the only person on the planet besides Roger Water's Mom who believes that.

Lmao the end may be the *best* part.
At the very least, "The Trial" is undoubtedly the best track on the whole album

what a shitty opinion

you guys ever hear the demo for the trial? perhaps more haunting than the studio recording
youtube.com/watch?v=NWH-MtHbRuA

bump