PUNK ROCK MOTHERFUCKING GENERAL

"rules":
- no bullshit
- discuss bands, lists, charts, styles, punk history, ideology, the state of the scene etc.
- exchange recs
- all subgenres welcome
- no metalfaggotry allowed
- don't be a pussy
- nazi punks fuck off
- sniff glue

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oUl6tYVtZIU
youtube.com/watch?v=EolgeKH4jkw
youtu.be/5xJCIgt8AZY
youtube.com/watch?v=NLXanFtRSUY
discord.gg/y9Tm9sE
youtu.be/HMD2lCnWfns?t=45s
youtube.com/watch?v=CGbr9g413G8
youtube.com/watch?v=YrbY-_ne3dE
youtube.com/watch?v=H4lNUrBq03Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Ugobr5fVuoE
youtube.com/watch?v=wuVtij67Wag
youtube.com/watch?v=wG8R9e8KOs4
youtube.com/watch?v=nRIHzbk2F7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=cDvaUkH4-uM
youtube.com/watch?v=G7rVuEeQwMk
angelfire.com/punk2/cockfighter/page11.html
youtube.com/watch?v=v1gJHPGoPS8
youtube.com/watch?v=2mn5afWBeSY
youtube.com/watch?v=lzQCrmTgd3k
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi16l0xC9Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=pWtYIg60Uq0
youtube.com/watch?v=9JGiSVAy8eU
youtube.com/watch?v=EdgjKvDo924
youtube.com/watch?v=i0lIZriDOYE
youtube.com/watch?v=4gnntMvMgx4
youtube.com/watch?v=AZp9WViKp4o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>- no metalfaggotry allowed
fuck off numale
youtube.com/watch?v=oUl6tYVtZIU

T. never been to a punk show in his life

reported for underage
why would you think that?

t. punk cant be metal
youtube.com/watch?v=EolgeKH4jkw
also your post reads like some 15 year old who just found out about the ramones

>t. punk cant be metal
never said that. metal is just getting plenty enough attention on this board as is.
>also your post reads like some 15 year old who just found out about the ramones
perhaps i kinda wish i was

>no metalfaggotry allowed
>nazi punks fuck off
Might as well stick a fire extinguisher in your arsehole already

Ah, look.
Baby's first punk rock thread on Sup Forums
HOW ADORABLE!

Let's all be nice to the little tyke since this is obviously his first time posting. (Unless he's under aged, and then we must report him to the mods who will deal with him appropriately)

Hey, kid! This is The Salty Spittoon.
Weenie Hut Jr is across the street.

>no metalfagotry
Man the best form of punk is crossover thrash and it always has been
youtu.be/5xJCIgt8AZY

you realize punk has only maintained relevancy with the addition of metal influences right? If you don't think so you probably only think hardcore peaked in the 80s with Black Flag

no and no.

butthurt metalfag cancer gtfo now pls

Reminder Punk was and always Right-Wing.

this is actually a particularly funny case of metalfag ignorance as Black Flag were one of the major pioneers in mixing punk with metal influences.

if i consider myself a metalpunk, am i allowed itt? the metal folks don't like it.
because i can almost guarantee you that my punk collection is bigger than yours.
>nasty nasty nasty

Johnny was the only right-winger in the band and still antifascist just as much as anticommunist you dimwit.

No one said anything about fascism tard

Is there a genre of music as simultaneously influential, important to laying the groundwork for future masterpieces, and utterly garbage as punk rock?

meant for

>"Well, I'm a nazi, baby. I'm a nazi, yes I am!"
>"Well, I'm a nazi, babe. You know I'll fight for the fatherland!"

definitely not a metalfag lol
most metal is god-awful rehases of the same 4 bands for each subgenre
the same with punk

What do you think the modern hardcore scene is anyway or have any of you actually been to a show?

shock value user
pic related

Just saw the ''Who Killed Nancy'' documentary. Does anyone have an idea who ''Michael'' was? They said he was a gay actor.

this one too, there's more.

then why even point it out?
everybody is allowed ITT, the point is what is being discussed. discussing punk with some metal influences is also ok.
two obviously wrong lines and two i can't even make sense of.

>show
Jesus. I've been to concerts, but what the fuck is a show? It sounds like going to a taping of Big Bang Theory.

>PUNK ROCK
>rules

Punks are some of the most rule-obsessed faggots I've ever met. I had the displeasure of living with some punks a while back. They just make fun of other punks for stupid reasons, and they don't shower.
>"LOL that person has a fucking zipper on their boots"
>"Iron-on patches lmao. I sew my own."
>"wearing official band merch"
>"not making your own"
>"Post-punk isn't real punk lmao"
>wears red laces
>"I'm not a nazi, though. Lace code is dead, faggot."
>"Yeah, I'm all against misogyny."
>"Is that a female singer? Turn that shit off. Listen to Minor Threat instead."
>"I can tell that guy's boots are vegan leather. What a fucking poser."

discord.gg/y9Tm9sE

>punk music general
>rules
>rules
>rules

Yeah no thanks fag

fuck's that

Jesus Christ, imagine being an elitist about fucking punk music of all things. Some of the most simple, low-talent, easy to play pop rock known to man.

that's why they're so obsessed with rules and aesthetic
they have no music to actually prop up their scene so they need a fuckton of filler

Man, I remember punks used to be tough and shit. For the past two decades, its just been rich kids who decided the punk look made them look the poorest. Punks still aren't as bad as crusties tho

>punk

>not taking it to the logical conclusion and just being scene

>everybody is allowed ITT, the point is what is being discussed. discussing punk with some metal influences is also ok.
then WHY the FUCK did you say no metalfags allowed
you fucking underaged retard

There are lots of different types of metal and punk bands

Metal heads and punks are essentially bros

note the quotation marks and listen to Commando.

>"rules":
>- no bullshit
>starts off with a picture of the Retardones
I'm out

Will the metal heads finally learn something?

Because he wanted a punk thread not a metal one dick face

i did not say that. i said "metalfaggotry". small but significant difference.

lucky us.

>being punk
>punk scenes
>current year
Fucking cringe. Listen to the music. That's fine. I love punk music, but dear god. People who dress up and pretend to be "punk" today are retarded. That shit died 40 years ago.

Let's get some pretty popular punk/hc/whatever inspired music in here:

>youtu.be/HMD2lCnWfns?t=45s
>youtube.com/watch?v=CGbr9g413G8
>youtube.com/watch?v=YrbY-_ne3dE
>youtube.com/watch?v=H4lNUrBq03Y
>youtube.com/watch?v=Ugobr5fVuoE

And one old-skool classic to round it off:
>youtube.com/watch?v=wuVtij67Wag

Punk can't actually ever die because its in everyone, rebellion, anger, anarchy. Look at fallout the raiders are essentially punks.

I've seen crust punks and they're still around, its a lifestyle choice

Plebs will never understand how superior goth music is to punk. It was the logical next step. Punk only existed for a couple years in the UK before objectively superior post-punk music took over.

Crusties are literal subhumans.

Because all the good guitar based punk is from 'Merica desu. It came from there and only became musically interesting when it returned there.

Can this be a goth thread now?

how did it die if people are still doing it?
what made it more respectable up until 40 years ago?

i like punk fashion too. for me the cringe starts when people blatantly do stuff for scene credibility.

>Plebs
>superior
>objectively
goddammit Sup Forums

Goth is cool too but america did punk better because its in our nature

The cringe is 18 year old suburban kids wearing Black Flag shirts calling themselves punks

>all the good guitar based punk is from 'Merica
bullshit asshole
sweden>all
youtube.com/watch?v=wG8R9e8KOs4
youtube.com/watch?v=nRIHzbk2F7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=cDvaUkH4-uM
youtube.com/watch?v=G7rVuEeQwMk

even though i find much of the early UK punk is overrated, there's plenty of gems there as well.

why though? i say let everybody call themselves whatever they like...

I'm gonna buy this shirt, I love it

They are crafting a made up identity from something they were never close to being apart of. If punk was about creativity, individualism and local scenes, these people are in direct contradiction with it. Hypocrites basically. At one time there was no distinction between someone who just listens to the music and someone who is a punk, but I guess the lines are kind of blurred now.

nyeah, I was being a bit to general, but I mean, the early hardcore scene came up with the most interesting general concepts imho, I like a lot of UK/other punk too.

"Real" punks and crusties are way fucking worse, with the retarded fucking mohawks and sewer smell. The punks from the previous eras where suburban kids too you know, they just might have had more reasons to be mad. You got knocked the fuck out by the police if you just went to shows in that era. Nowadays only the colored guys have that privilege :>.

I guess I was making a personal jab at myself with that comment because I was a suburban kid that listened to punk too. The problem is how many of these dullards (or maybe I should say posers) there are floating around.

I spent my morning reading Ben Weasel's recount of hanging out with Jawbreaker when they opened for Nirvana in Chicago back in '93 and he goes into a bit of a punker than thou thing with all the little punker-boppers around, so I'm still kind of feeding on that elitism and anger right now.

/blog

Link to article:
angelfire.com/punk2/cockfighter/page11.html

Crusty clothing is a literal costume for the edgy junkie

>The problem is how many of these dullards (or maybe I should say posers) there are floating around.
i definitely wouldn't have noticed - not around here on Sup Forums and definitely not in my area either. i really just wished there were more people with an interest in punk. plus everybody was a kid once, come on. stop hating.

this. The scene needs to grow big enough so we can all find a qt gf at a show.

>wanting a loud-farting, seitan-eating, dreadlock-having, septum-pierced, mustache-having punk gf

I don't know what to say to you.

Nah there are qts too user, just ignore the landwhales :).

Why is all the american punk posted on Sup Forums faggoty pop punk trash or subpar crust that is trying way to hard to be metal without calling itself metal?

>y u no post le tru punk??!

What kind of punk do you want to see then? Most people in to it are super into emo/pop-punk, super into hardcore or super into crust.

Something that isn't trying to get on the radio but also isn't smelly neo-hippies trying to be edgy.

youtube.com/watch?v=v1gJHPGoPS8

pop punk is pretty much the original form of punk. and i find it hard to imagine that anybody who just wants to get on the radio would choose to play pop punk nowadays.

I kinda agree with the second part, the pop punk that is bubbling up nowadays is not as radiofriendly as the pop punk from the end of the 90s (unless it's a rehash band and those suck automatically).

does void belong here or on the metal general I really cant tell

Sounds pretty hardcore I guess.

I enjoyed that
t. 16 year old

Here but most people on here have never heard real punk before. So I don't blame you.

Does wearing a black flag shirt and listening to a lot of punk and punk influences music make me a poser? I'm 18 too so I guess I fit the definition, time to start listening to show tunes I guess, no choice, I was called a poser on Sup Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=2mn5afWBeSY

what do you mean with show tunes?

Acting like you don't care about being a poser is for posers

Musical scores like the soundtrack for Cats the musical, because you know, listening to anything else would just be the poser thing to do

Shit, I knew it but someone now I know for sure, I'm a poser!!1 My life is a lie! Punk is meaningless now wtf thanks Drumpft

what does my age have to do with anything?

MODS

If there is a punk renaissance then I am unaware of it, but two things that are definitely worthwhile in punk right now are neocrust and the crusty folk punk movement.

Crust Punk is going in a bigger, more experimental and metallic direction than ever before, moving away from the grind/d-beat territory and more toward the slow, brooding influence of bands like Amebix and Axegrinder. Examples:
youtube.com/watch?v=lzQCrmTgd3k
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi16l0xC9Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=pWtYIg60Uq0

Culturally, folk punk has become sort of the logical conclusion of the old anarcho-punk movement, and a lot of the bands are really good. This is about as "true" as punk gets, but it seems to be hard for some people to digest. Regardless, some good stuff:
youtube.com/watch?v=9JGiSVAy8eU
youtube.com/watch?v=EdgjKvDo924

Finally, on the more commercial end of things, there's a real blending of pop punk and post-hardcore. It's been rejected by the punk purists and indie fags, but a lot of the bands are pretty good. Obvious examples are Touché Amoré and PUP:
youtube.com/watch?v=i0lIZriDOYE
youtube.com/watch?v=4gnntMvMgx4

While I like all this stuff a lot and am very happy with the state of punk today, I still wouldn't call any of this a "punk renaissance." If OP is referring to something else, though, I would be very interested in hearing about it.

As for everybody whining about edgy punks ITT, I like the genre a lot because to me it's really about honest self-expression through rock music. My pic is a good book about the subject.

As for people shitting on new punk, while I like old scenes like the 70s New York CBGB/no wave scene, the 70s/80s English anarcho-punk scene, the 80s DC scene, the 90s skramz scene, and so on, I think people over-romanticize them just to shit on new stuff, and that's stupid. I honestly like modern crust as much as any of the music from those old scenes.

Fun fact: if you think that people are posers because they wear band shirts you might have fungi growing on your dick

you forgot Title Fight in your third list.

The emo revival and the sparklepunk thing should get a nod as well.

I only have fungi on my dick from fucking your mushroom of a mother

lol, ahahahahh, i'm russian

Friendly reminder that progressive rock is better and you should listen to that instead.

> reminder that the krautrock scene was easily the best part of the prog umbrella, and its main musical descendent was post-punk

Metal will always be superior to punk. Punkfags literally thought being edgy was a genre of music. "We have no real talent or creative ambition but look at all our ideology!" - the genre. Metalfags realized being edgy meant nothing if it wasn't channeled through competent artistic endeavors. That's why the era left us countless metal classics that are timeless works of art, while punk is just a footnote in music history, written about by balding Gen X losers in shitty books and magazine articles; "Remember this thing? You just had to be there!"

That's why the most succesful metal band ever has an album full of punk covers. That's why metal actually only began to have balls after hardcore took shape. That's why the metal scene is a complete joke, but DIY punk things have thrived world wide.

Someone's jealous they didn't grow up with a punk scene

>Metalfags realized being edgy meant nothing
> black metal
> not edgy
> nu metal
> not edgy
> slam death
> not edgy
> goregrind
> not edgy
> hair metal
> not edgy
> deathcore
> not edgy
I really hope for your sake this is copypasta

Punk is a state of mind. Metal is for dungeon masters

Here's a pretty good emo song:

youtube.com/watch?v=AZp9WViKp4o

bump

If you guys would have to pick a fav subgenre, what would it be?

I guess I'd say emo if it counts as a genre, since it's versatile as fuck. Else, post-hardcore I guess.

good god just shut the fuck up loser