What does Sup Forums think of Ulver?

What does Sup Forums think of Ulver?

love em

good band yes
they good

Great band. Bergtatt and Shadows Of The Sun are their best albums.

Ulver is the only metal I have in my entire collection. Any good recs after Bergtatt? I adore that album and I'm not usually into metal at all.

my favs are Kveldssanger, A Quick Fix of Melancholy and Silencing the Singing
Drudkh - Autumn Aurora

I'd say Blood Inside is better than Shadows, but only by so much. Their early trilogy still stands as their best work, though.
>Any good recs after Bergtatt?
Borknagar's debut s/t first and foremost, Drudkh's first two albums, Enslaved's first two also, In The Woods....'s HEart Of The Ages, Primordial's Imrama, Fleurety's Min Tid Skal Komme, Maybe Ved Buen Ende's Written In Waters if you're feeling adventurous, Wyrd's albums 2001-2004 are pretty good.... and that's all I can think of right now

their last year's album my AOTY 2017

Mine too, but 2017 was a shitfest of a year, so it doesn't really mean much

I actually found 2017 to be a beter year than 2016, and overall pretty comfy

nice year for Polish music too

Great band, some of their albums are kind of whatever, but that's normal when you experiment so much.
9/10 overall

>I actually found 2017 to be a beter year than 2016
I did, too.

Perdition city is their only good album.

>Perdition City is their only good album!!!
Cried the pleb

windir

Thanks friendos!

Bergtatt is a great album imo.

stop being so radical

Sannhet
latest album is So Numb - 2017 AOTY

Ulver is lovely and innovative.

You'd probably like blackgaze and atmoshit, bands like Wolves In The Throne Room, Agalloch, Burzum, Emperor, Paysage d'Hiver, Darkspace, Mare Cognitum, Ancient, Helheim, Falkenbach, Deathspell Omega, Fyrnask, Havukruunu etc.

I like 'em. Nattens is my favorite.

Best raw bm album ever made imo. Fantastic sense of melody while still being ear-drillingly noisy. And when you dig past the hiss and distortion there are some riffs feel epic or even melancholy.

Apparently David Pajo is a big fan of this album too

They were at their best with this beast of an album, it just shreds you to pieces. Shame they never did black metal again.