So what's nu dad rock? old dad rock like rolling stones, doors, ac/dc etc. is now granpa rock

so what's nu dad rock? old dad rock like rolling stones, doors, ac/dc etc. is now granpa rock

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KVYup3Qwh8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
youtube.com/watch?v=p50R8rkzkhk
youtube.com/watch?v=J9LgHNf2Qy0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Grunge.

/rm/ - Retro Music board when

Nirvana, Green Day, System of a Down, Blink 182, Slipknot, Metallica, I could go on and on.

youtube.com/watch?v=KVYup3Qwh8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=bpOSxM0rNPM
youtube.com/watch?v=p50R8rkzkhk

Rolling Stones and Zeppelin are still dad rock.

id take out slipknot, green day, and blink. all that shit still resonated with preteens when i was in middle school, not so much dads.

strangely i dont think nirvana is fully dad rock yet. young people still listen to nirvana and at the very least love wearing a nirvana t-shirt. id say the foo fighters are more dad than nirvana is.

Nirvana and Pearl Jam

The War On Drugs, Kurt Vile, Courtney Barnett

youtube.com/watch?v=J9LgHNf2Qy0

Interesting, how old are you? I feel like I'm dad age, I'm 31, graduated high school in 2005. Those are just the popular bands from back then that people my age still listen to (not me tho). The real popular music when I was in highschool though was "emo", everyone listened to that shit. I'll try to remember some of the big ones. Taking Back Sunday, Yellowcard, The Used, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, Thrice, etc. What does Sup Forums think of those kinds of bands? I left for college and never listened to that shit ever again, and I don't know anyone my age who still listens to that stuff. What year did the emo fad finally die?

Nirvana, REM, U2?

Sup Forums has a lot of nostalgia for 00s emo bands like chemical romance unironically
Also all these soundcloud memekid rap stuff you see shilled around here like lil peep lil poop etc are all emo-influenced.

for how long have you been browsing and how do you feel about becoming old. i'm 27 and it freaks me out sometimes

Mastodon, any prog or alt metal

my chemical romance was objectively good. 8/10 concepts, 10/10 instrumentation, 10/10 rock

the shins

foo fighters for sure

Not him but I'm 32.
Passage of time really freaks me out (2012 to 2018 felt like just a brief moment). Years go by faster and faster each year.

>rolling stones were formed 54 years ago
>listeners were likely in their late teens and early 20s
You do the math. If you're over 70 you're a grandad.

Uh huh.

yea it's crazy. i kinda think of my first 19 years like slow-paced, then everything is a fucking blur in which i fucked up over and over again and became fat and unlikable

I feel like it's more of a gradual thing.
Anyway there's theories about time itself changing for real, meaning that if that theory is true, say, 1990 was actually longer than 2010. At least to our human perception.

Well that's fucking interesting. I haven't listened to or even thought about that kind of music in over a decade. Back then I was more into punk shit like NOFX, Rancid, Bad Religion, and every other Epitaph Records band, but I was very aware of the emo bands and listened to many of them when nobody else was around. This week I'm going to listen to some of that stuff and see what I think about it now.

I don't come on Sup Forums much but have been on Sup Forums for fucking ever. I found out about it when my friend was talking about Brian Peppers on Xanga. As for getting old, it isn't that bad. You start to care a lot less about things that were once very important to you, but you start to care more about things that are actually important.