RIP Kurt Cobain

He died today, minus 8686 days ago

F

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1EqfotMwtn4I0A_VN9g42ogA1nAZfvd6FGDPPLO1QxQs/edit?usp=drivesdk
vocaroo.com/i/s0XQfSTEJqq8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wow time flies, RIP and melancholy 8686 anniversary.

In the same year of the Chinese dog.

I heard the news today.
F.

he was a shitlord , very talented and creative but lets get real, he made a whopping 3 albums worth of good material. that is substituting the good non album material for the poorest album tracks. were talking 3dozen songs thats it. He didn't even make more than 1 arguable shift in sound, just rode this kinda buttrock thing, some of the stuf on incesticide is just so random. This dude really doesn't deserve the level of admiration he gets.

>some of the stuf on incesticide is just so random.

I'm not sure what you expected from a compilation album

F

>tuf on incesticide is just so ra
It has always been my favourite Nirvana release.

It's a cliche but he caught lightning in a bottle and then mass marketed it. His effect on mainstream culture was enormous. And as you say he was very talented(regardless of his shitty playing) and not many people are.

>he made a whopping 3 albums worth of good material
thats three albums more than 99.9999999% of musicians

meant in utero

docs.google.com/document/d/1EqfotMwtn4I0A_VN9g42ogA1nAZfvd6FGDPPLO1QxQs/edit?usp=drivesdk

but the least of all musicians who for some reason achieved this deity status. I get it, his music was good but the older I get the more I realize his world views were complete bullshit his emotional depth was actually a very shallow arrested development of late teen feeling-sorry-for-your-stuff that youre supposed to grow out of. I've known several heroin addicts at this point too they all got this kurt cobain attitude towards things its cringey

underrated

what? when was this composed? the music theory aspect was not what I was talking about at all

vocaroo.com/i/s0XQfSTEJqq8

The most melodic - if not only - thing that ever came out of his mouth was... Heh, well, you'll know the story ;-)

>-8686 days ago

RIP Kurt Cobain 1967-2041

implying that your experience with junkies and Kurt Cobains world views had any effect on the chord progressions + melodies he crafted

English next time

>shitlord
utterly irrelevant
>He made a whopping 3 albums worth of good material
Songs he himself wrote, he made around 5 albums worth of good material, if you include the unplugged album and the covers, that's 6 to 7.
>Bleach
Good album
>Nevermind
Good album
>In Utero
Good album
>Incesticide
Highest highs lowest lows, still good
>All b-sides and rarities
At least 2 albums of good material there
>Fecal Matter tape
a couple of decent songs on there
Nirvana has at least 50 good songs. I'd say nearly all their songs are good besides Beans which was a joke, and the other improv which was a random band jam, and some of those Fecal Matter songs, but that was pre Nirvana.
>Buttrock
Not even close. The fact that you can't discern between buttrock and what Nirvana did shows you don't have a discerning ear. Buttrock is shit like Creed, Nickelback, Theory of a Deadman. None of those bands could ever dream of coming up with a song like Radio Friendly unit shifter, or dumb, or Floyd the Barber.
>This dude really doesn't deserve the level of admiration he gets
yes and no. Rock star worship blurs what is reality and what is not. I'm confident, however, I like Nirvana despite the hagiography. I like their music because it's good, not because Cobain killed himself, or any of that. I don't give a fuck about Mama Cass because she died young. Contrarians don't want to admit, but Cobain was simply a good songwriter with a unique voice who did what underground bands were doing better than they ever could. Pixies tried to sell out, multiple times. And realistically, Pixies and Nirvana aren't that similar, besides dynamics. You can hear a lot more Wipers in Nirvana than you can Pixies. People just go on about the Pixies and Melvins because Kurt said so himself, which is ironic. If you actually listened, you'd hear tons of differences between Nirvana and the Melvins, and Nirvana and the Pixies. .

>He didn't even make more than 1 arguable shift in sound
demonstratively false, nirvana's music is drastically different from bleach to nevermind.

This. Wipers literally is Nirvana before Nirvana. Not Pixies.

Oh boy

>I don't give a fuck about Mama Cass
Don't hate on Mama Cass, nigga.

He died before he could make a shift. Apparently he wanted their next album to be more acoustic and slow like their unplugged special. Imagine how good Alice In Chains’ Jar Of Flies was x1000

>buttrock
holy shit fucking end yourself, faggot

He made 3 amazing a;bums and offed himself before he made shit music like everyone else, and for that we should thank him. Also 3 dozen good songs is fuckload. youre a fucking momo

well no, but it has everything to do with how people idolize him and his music. Where as even most popular and widely accepted great musicians have made more and better music, somehow this kurt guy was so much deeper. actually he was full shit. he was just a great musician, and he died young. there is pretty much no good reason why 25ish years we consistently have a dozen kurt threads ,

admit it. I love nirvanas music too, but admit it, this is almost as bad as the grimes posting. I fucking hate it when my fav artist get turned into memes.

To be honest, I think he's the single most important musician of the modern era. More than anything that came before or has came since. No other artist has given me such a lasting impression, or such "light that keeps on shining" feels as him. I've never gotten bored of Nirvana. I can't say the same for other bands, which even includes my favorites.

The image definitely played into his massive stardom BUT it still doesn't write the music

Rest in peace, Kurt. We miss you

he deserved to die for making such bad music