Post fake patrician albums

Albums that people think are patrician but are completely mediocre. When you see these albums on someone's chart you know they're a pretentious try-hard.

>When you see these albums on someone's chart you know they're a pretentious try-hard.

or hmmm idk maybe they just like listening to the music?

nevermind that cant be it

you know in your heart it's true

its kanye, theres nothing try hard about that lmao

Anyone who puts this in their chart is a shithead contrarian who can go fuck themselves.

>or hmmm idk maybe they just like listening to the music?
i'm guessing OP means albums you see anons pretend to enjoy just to get some street cred

if you have this as your favorite VU album I actually hate you

agreed
no

my man

how can an album be """patrician""" if it charted at release?
run of the mill normie pop. I love it, you love it, the kid next door loves it, really nothing pretentious about.
retards

Gentle Giant's first album. Their later stuff is better.

yeah it has some good tracks but it's pretty meh

Bait.

i prefer "since i left yopu" desu

Anything by Swans

Fuck off soyboy

Die

>tfw you hear about this meme and join the band wagon
>'h-haha fuck the beatles!'
>realize your favorite artists and over half of pre 2010 rock groups are influenced by it

I already know some of my favorite artists were influenced by it.
>Ex: Tom Petty
I dislike their music. Have for several years. Is there something wrong with that?

Plenty of great people are influenced by shit though.

>swans fan calling anyone else a soyboy
wew lad

No.

yeah it is wrong that your subjective opinion on whether it 'sounds good' determines for everyone if an album is mediocre

So if I think an allbum is shit, I should go with the flow anyway and talk about how great it is because some other people like it?

yes

no, there are other options

On Avery Island would make more sense, ITAOS isn’t mediocre

Elaborate. I don't know what you want me to do then. I don't like the Beatles, so when people talk about how great their albums are, I tend assume they've jumped on the beatle band wagon.

Making a thread like this is more pretentious than just listening to albums you like

in the court of the crimson king. the cover art is good and boomer music journalism circle jerking have elevated ITCOTCK way above where it belongs, the garbage

(new to thread)
Why assume that? Who fucking cares? If someone talks about someone you do like, are they jumping on the band wagon? Are you?

i honestly don't feel this way about any albums. i just get sad that i can't "get" them.
like unwound for instance. i like a lot of similar bands but they just sound like crud to me

wait people actually put this on charts? i figured they were remembered as the one hit wonder they are.

i don't think this is the board for you, friend.

Why do you think Swans, their fans, or the guy in the picture are ”soyboy?” Mikey is basically the opposite of a soyboy.

Because when a large group of people like stuff, others will follow to fit in.
That's why. I don't care if people do like the beatles, I don't like it when people get mad that I don't like them

this

Word, Trout Mask is a bunch of noise

I am the best music listener

>someones chart

When you see comments like these on someone's post you know they're a pretentious aspie

THESE GUYS GET IT, neither of these are that great

Absolutely correct.

>straightforward pop album
>pretentious

Nope.

>long fin killie
and the obligatory counterpart

you're wrong about discipline btw. right about everything else but the user posting trout mask replica likely has a point. i doubt most people claiming to love that album really understands what's so special about it

Bitch get the fuck outta here

Disco Inferno and LFK are nothing alike.

no

This. Not Kanye's best.
Also this. The "pleb filter" thing is probably just a meme though. Not terrible either though.

Only a tryhard would think this is in the same league as something by the Coltranes, Ornette Coleman, Pharaoh Sanders or even Cecil Taylor

That's retarded. Every track in Yeezus is a banger

a meme that's actually good.

fucking this, Sup Forums needs to stop being so god damn pretentious and realize people just enjoy listening to music because they like how it sounds

Anything death grips.

>Coltranes, Ornette Coleman, Pharaoh Sanders or even Cecil Taylor
it is though

never

kanye is the most normie you can get.

Who's the pretentious one, the person posting a chart of music they enjoy, or the insecure one who sees charts as a superiority contest where everyone is competing?

Mfw music appreciators get pretentious about their 'taste' but haven't written any music.

You're a fan, not a musician, why do you think it gives you any sort of cred to 'know' an artist? The artist gets the cred, not you for just fucking hitting play while your ears absorb shit.

Yaaaa autistic me boi

Absolutely no one has ever called Syro patrician.