So is it a masterpiece or overrated? What say Sup Forums

So is it a masterpiece or overrated? What say Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3RsuAJUAtlA
youtube.com/watch?v=XC3yUXyGMZg
youtube.com/watch?v=dmGzY2xmLxc
youtube.com/watch?v=TfAvgzbxNoI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretty underrated among Bruce fans. There's the knee-jerk hate because of the 80's drum sound and arena production and the corniness of the hits but the highs are high. I'm on Fire is probably his sexiest song, I'm Goin Down is one fo his best rockers, My Hometown is stellar and the last verse of Downbound Train is one of the best he ever wrote.

We can go to Tunnel of Love if you want to discuss a real underrated Bruce record.

Havent listened to Tunnel of Love before, don't know if its underrated or not.
I do think this album gets a little too much hate for the synthesizers, sounds fine.

>thats not a rag in his pocket

Hey little girl is your daddy home
Did he go away and leave you all alone
I got a bad desire
I'm on fire
Tell me now baby is he good to you
Can he do to you the things that I do
I can take you higher
I'm on fire

Great lyrics. I wonder if you could put them out today

The sound of rock and roll and country being raped by the 1980s corporate music cartel. There's a few bits of decent bits of pop songwriting though, e.g. "Dancing in the Dark". It's a decent mainstream Top 40 album if you're vapid enough to tolerate that stuff anyway and you can deal with the soul-crushingly grotesque plastic-Americana vibes. I've spent my entire life in the U.S.A. and I gotta say that contrary to popular myth, there's a lot of really fantastic things about my country, and most of the anti-American memes are bullshit, but there's also a really fucked up brain-addled Hollywood mass culture surface to American culture, a total fog of mass media distraction and manufactured emotions and soundbyte ideology. It's the culture of people who voted for Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Obama and all the interchangeable Demopublican/Republicrat celebrity figurehead empty suits who ran against them in the pseudo-democratic sham elections held every four years. It's the culture of people who go out to the supermarket every fucking day and buy the same factory-farmed meat/eggs/milk and earth-raping corn/soy/wheat quasi-food products packaged in boxes and make themselves grotesquely obese by pouring carbonated sugary beverages down their throats on a daily basis. Anyway, this is the kind of music those zombie motherfuckers think is FUCKING AWESOME. Fuck Springsteen. Fuck Hollywood. Fuck McDonald's. Fuck Obama. Fuck Bush. Fuck Clinton. Fuck Trump. Fuck Rolling Stone magazine. Fuck Hard Rock Cafe.

You could. if you're asking if 6 people would cry on twitter and then you'd screencap their posts and spam if 40 times on Sup Forums then I don't know.

You're right

It's aged terribly. I don't know how he went from something so stripped down and personal like Nebraska to an over-the-top heavily produced pop album like this.

>I don't know how he went from something so stripped down and personal like Nebraska to an over-the-top heavily produced pop album like this.
Because it was more lucrative. Most of the songs from this album originated during the Nebraska sessions though.

Speaking of which Nebraska reissue w/ the "Electric Nebraska" sessions when??

You don't? It seems pretty obvious to me. Artists do it all the time, it's almost a cliche.

Dire Straits did the same thing a year later.

Kanye literally made the comparison and named the specific Bruce albums HIMSELF when talking about going from Yeeus to Pablo.

I agree the anti-American meme gets pushed by our own too much. We have problems but, we are blessed to be at the level we are.
And Springsteen's politics do sometimes interfere with my enjoyment of some of his songs. I still enjoy some though

Probably soon. River got reissued so Nebraska's next.

You're responding to pasta designed to derail the thread you dope

Itll be fine

youtube.com/watch?v=3RsuAJUAtlA

Bruce was a madman at his height. He literally cut these songs off The River to make room for Ramrod:

youtube.com/watch?v=XC3yUXyGMZg

youtube.com/watch?v=dmGzY2xmLxc

>youtube.com/watch?v=dmGzY2xmLxc
What the hell happens at 1:00 of Be True? That's always bugged me. Like the pitch goes out of tune

Sounds like the bass player fucks up to me

youtube.com/watch?v=TfAvgzbxNoI

it sounds like all the instruments though idk

but yeah crazy tune. he wrote so many songs in that era.

i wonder how they'll handle the next reissues since all the b sides were already put out on tracks.

my whole life has been a lie

>fire
>desire
>higher

Sounds like a pedophile Jimi Hendrix.

Yeah I love how Bruce sounds like he's pushing out a turd really hard on every track.

...Really? That's what people thought? I always thought it was pretty obviously a baseball cap.

I always thought it was a rage growing up. Didn't realize it wasn't till I bought my own copy of the album

>rage
meant to type rag

>be me few years ago
>at my uncles funeral(RIP)
>they have eulogy slideshow video playing on a TV in the funeral home
>has a few sad songs, couple relaxing rock songs and Born in the fucking USA
>my dad goes up to give a eulogy
>nobody turned off the TV
>one of the sad songs is playing so it kind of works
>people crying
>then suddenly
>*dun dun dun dun dun dun*
>BORN DOWN IN A DEADMANS TOWN
>THE FIRST KICK I TOOK WAS WHEN I HIT THE GROUND
>funeral home director runs over to turn it off and faceplants

Most awkward moment of my life. I hate that song.

>i wonder how they'll handle the next reissues since all the b sides were already put out on tracks.

ELECTRIC

NEBRASKA