Remind me again why this is so acclaimed...

remind me again why this is so acclaimed? the only outstanding songs on this whole thing are Born Under Punches and Listening Wind. the rest are either average or very subpar. now don't get me wrong, i grew up with my dad playing this record to bits so it'll always have a special place in my heart but it really isn't that great

I agree they've got some betterones, like 77 or Speaking in Tongues.

TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS

same as it ever was

You may find yourself
expressing dumb opinions on an imageboard.

nice argument. what songs other than the ones mentioned are good and why?

first explain why those songs are good, like you're a fucking critic lol

"these good, rest bad, album suk"

false equivalency

Overrated, lots of shit from this era is overrated as fuck.

Ya this album never really clicked for me either.
That said I know quite a few people who grew up listening to it and love it, so maybe that's the key?
Ya 77 was more accessible for me, still didn't like all the songs, but the highs were pretty damn good. I can see why they're praised, just don't understand the nearly universal acclaim. I'm probably just too pleb tbqhfam (-_-)

I think it's overrated.

But once in a lifetime is easily the best

DIVINE TO DEFINE SHE'S LOOKING TO DEFINE SO SAY SO SO SAY SO

Every track is good, listen to Sup Forumscore more than once or twice before making a thread.

If this album doesn't click with you then what the fuck are you doing on Sup Forums?

How the fuck is GY!BE going to click with you? Let alone Swans?

Hey, it wasn't as if the music was too challenging for him to listen to; just generic.

The Great Curve is great; probably the best song on the album.

oohhh holy shit this post is bad

The incredible and well arranged production from Eno sells it for me. Brought some more diverse musical influences into post-punk, like world music and afrobeat. Didn't really reshape the wheel or do anything different for music but the well arranged songs and great production make this album pretty awesome.

you are right about the best tracks actually.
however..
>the great curve
>once in a lifetime
>houses in motion
all great tracks imo. crosseyed and painless has a much weaker progression but otherwise a solid record

The Great Curve is an absolute banger; as are any one of the first five songs

But overall I think Fear of Music is a better album. The thematic focus of the work is better achieved

probably it´s overrated, side A is gold. but side B just doesn´t works

This has to be bait

It's literally the same 4 seconds of a song being played over and over.

the complex orchestration kinda defined new wave for a few years, you can hear how other bands just plucked their sound in subsequent releases, the human league for example. Taken in the context of the time you can see how influential and fresh this album was

THERE WAS A LINE
THERE WAS A FORUMLA