When trap rap dies, whats next?

When trap rap dies, whats next?

Vaporwave round 2

high energy fight rap

Hardcore Rap revival

reverse trap rap

instrumental lo-fi hip-hop that you can chill and relax to.

Early-2000s-style techno revival

Rapabilly

i cant wait

Industrial Hip Hop

God no, a legion of autistic death grips "YUH!" Shite screamed over autistic beats.

So trap is decently popular right now. Or at least hip-hop artists that rap about their "trap" are pretty popular. I think you gotta look at the immediate past/present to look at how the future will mutate. So, how/why did trap come about?

quick symbols are cool. rappers yelling about stupid simple lyrics, which are also really hard and close to the surface are both cool. 21 Savage does a really good job at this.

What is also noticible at the moment is the rise of the importance of the producer. 21 Savage is famous kinda, potentially because of Metro Boomin.

So what _I_ think we've got coming is more emotional, surface level raps about how hard life can be... or maybe just fucking being honest about how life is. PLUS producers getting more more promotion, and I think what will follow (or maybe it's just a hope) is, producers will branch out and include their own interests with music and we will get waaaay more interseting beats.

But that's like... my own opinion... and just my own predictions.

Industrial has never really hit main stream. never going to happen. It's just too abrasive.

round 2 was in 2016.
It would be round 3

satanic crunk metal

even poppier rap

Honestly. it's just going to be "dude acid" in every indie and rock sub genre after trap fissiles out.

hyphy citronello de la 56 procente

I'm gonna bet there will be a American Stromay kind of hype. A black Jacques brel kind of happening. Screencap this because i feel strongly about this.

*Stromae

trap is here to stay faggots

Latin trap

>picrel8d

I thought about this earlier and this is what I came up with too. I know he's memed a lot but I think we'll start to see more artists like Lil Peep. Emo-like lyrics just about drugs and crime on kind of cloud-trap beats. Younger generation hip-hop fans appear to be more open to this as well, as drug addiction and losing people around you because of it is more relatable than gang-banging, particularly for white kids.

Something good, enough with these gay pussies like lil boaty, xxxtetherball420xxx, lil uzi vert, and migos.. does post malone count too?

God that sounds gay, it's what I hate about modern rap, nothing but bitching random "yuh skrrt gah gah gah" noises and prescription pills for people who need to be put in a coma or women going through menopause.