Bow down to the new queen of Sup Forums

bow down to the new queen of Sup Forums
pitchfork.com/features/rising/meet-clairo-the-youtube-star-turning-teenage-awkwardness-into-viral-gold/

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/clairo/comments/7o0ebp/how_did_clairo_get_so_big_oh_wait/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We are being cucked

reddit.com/r/clairo/comments/7o0ebp/how_did_clairo_get_so_big_oh_wait/

>he already forgot about grimes

grimey
>literaly an ogre
>probaly smells
>looks sticky

claire bear
>cute
>sweet soft voice
>goes to college

lmao! you're a literal waifufag. you don't even care about their music...

There is nothing else to Clairo

Industry plants aren't rea-

why is this happening

She's be an industry plant once she is in the industry and not just some niche internet fanbase

over 7 mil ain't niche

On youtube? It definitely is.

do you think she's been sodomized by an old jew yet

based clairo

no it's not, she also played for 7 thousand people in one of her first concerts

As if this privileged shit wasnt signaled hard in her music in the first place. Girl is a PLANT

will never stop rolling dubs on her Death. I have 3 months worth of dubs. I hope this meme dies and she gets rapped by a black trans man

Still doesn't make her mainstream

Who cares if she’s a plant. At least she’s white.

The industry puts them there to see how much of a grassroot following they can cultivate, it's a cheap scheme to reach other demographics without putting down any money on marketing.

If there is grassroots then how is that different from a non plant?

Because the fanbases are grassroots in that they think they aren't following plants.

serious question: what is wrong in being an industry plant? almost anything you have, from your clothes to your phone, was made by "industry plants". why do you have a problem with music industry plants? as long you enjoy the music, what's problem?

Some value artistic integrity

because she opened for Tyler...

oh wow just, no

Do you not know anyone in your DIY scene? Dudes who have been working for years, thousands of hours spent on gas and touring, they make that money from merch and spend it immediately. It's a shit tier lifestyle and when people make it big from that it's an achievement, even just signing to a shitty label is noteworthy. For her to act like she put in the work like these people is insulting and enfuriating

define artistic integrity. also why does it matter; what do you actually gain if you have this kind of integrity?

all artists are artists regardless of silly buzzwords.

>b-but what about the starving kids in burundi who'll never get to realize their dreams

leave your supa sewious diy grandstanding at the door you homo. it's all fucking showbiz

so, because those dudes had a harder life that means they're somewhat superior? i don't buy it. if you would be in her position to have money i'm sure you would benefit from that. using the resources available to you to achieve your goal is a wise thing to do.

nothing to do with superiority (although a touring band who puts in the work is admirable) but if someone acts like they've been thru the ringer just because they're in the spotlight for the week is really unattractive

I already knew this or at least suspected it also her singing voice is bad

Because her father gave it to her because he's in the industry and works on a label

is this true?

>but if someone acts like they've been thru the ringer just because they're in the spotlight for the week
if that person acts like that, that's dishonest. did she actually pretend that?

she doesn't make music. she just looks pretty pressing Casio presets.

Obvious industry plant is obvious

"Her music" was ghost written by professionals in the industry.

Dude her dad paid youtube to make her famous. Those bands I talk about are the real genuine deal unlike this plant.

This is how talentless idiots become famous. Thanks to olaces like Sup Forums where boys can't control their urges.

They paid posters early on to make threads about her and now they barely have to do anything because morons here bought into the corporate advertising.

>what is wrong in being an industry plant?
The terms comes from the artist pretending to not have connections and making it all by themselves lying about their connections in the industry and presenting thwmselves as an homemade act. When they're exposed as not being a DIY act or homemade and instead were helped that's when the term comes about.

Its lying to get to where you are and your entire musical career has been based on deceiving your fans. That's wrong

This Clairo bitch didn't make my shoes, the fuck are you on about?

Its not authentic. There are thousands of actually talented bands who deserve to be where she is that don't have connections to the music industry.

This. Clairo owes us an apology. She is everything wrong with the current music industry, its all fabrication while we are literally made what to think about certain bands. Boy Pablo is another big example of a band being shilled to hell recently. Something is definitely fucking wrong with who gets to make it big and who doesn't. I made some hits twenty times more catchy than these plants but Tyler the Creator didn't call me up to open up for him. Fuck this crap earth.

I have no idea who this girl is but you're all faggots. Please go after HAIM or fucking Tobias Jesso Jr. before Clairo if you're going after awful industry plants

lmao what's an apology going to do? I don't care what she does but I'd prefer it if people be more honest

"Hi guys. Sorry that my dad is rich. I know I never said he wasn't rich, or I never said I was poor but im sorry for having a rich white dad. Please forgive me Reddit!!!"

In Clairo's case she is being presented as a bedroom DIY outsider musician when in reality she's a no-talent whore with a rich daddy.

lol imagine actually talking about "the real deal" in the age of the internet

also there is literally zero proof that her dad "paid youtube", it's all speculation at this point

5 cents have been deposited to your online account

at least Haim played for years before they were known

she already admitted on twitter that she has been exposed

>Dude her dad paid youtube to make her famous.
so what? they had money and they used them. what is wrong in spending money on promotion? music biz exists in a capitalism environment. you gotta invest if you want results.

Excuse me this is a communist board

gonna be honest, I've literally never heard of her before reading this thread

Why is her head at the same angle in every pic?

That's because you're an out-of-touch old man

I mean i'm barely legally allowed to go on this site but shit I guess you are right

Her marketability will disappear when she stops being cute.

But didn't her "fame" originally come from her video blowing up on youtube?
What does this even mean? It's like the equivalent of your friend saying "my dad works for nintendo" as a kid

Her rich dad no doubt helped her book shows and shit and now she's somewhat of an industry up and coming meme but I don't see how she isn't just one of those many kids that just got lucky that millions of people saw their music on youtube

Who is her dad?

ITT: 18 year olds who haven't listened to music long enough to see a musician get lucky and become popular even if they aren't amazing

Her dad is in the industry

Are we just ignoring this?

>MTV noticed one of her covers and invited her to record a generic pop song to be used as background music for their shows. Nothing came of it—the track is still locked away in the network’s archives—but the experience introduced her to a real studio space and made the life of a musician seem like more than just a distant fantasy.

They literally tried to break her into the industry the first time but failed

kek

Do you really think YouTube isn't a completely controlled environment? The first page is basically "pay to be here".

they don't think she is deserving of her success as it was given not earned.

To be okay with it is to accept mediocrity as "good enough" and destroy everything you love in the long run.

This happens literally multiple times a year to multiple people with connections in the music industry

Yet you probably wonder why everything is shit. It's because people are hiring their faggot nephew and deferring everything to HR hags. It fucking matters.