Is rap the only genre where someone can get away with borderline retarded lyrics such as "I keep it 300 like the...

Is rap the only genre where someone can get away with borderline retarded lyrics such as "I keep it 300 like the Romans" and "she blew my dick like a cello" and not be laughed out of the industry?

hey

"I keep it 300 like the Romans" is a decent line.

Literally by niggers for niggers. Don't see what's so hard to understand about that

Since rap is meant for the lowest denomination of people it is held to a much lower standard.

baby you can drive my car
yeah im gonna be a star...

how about you look up the fucking meaning of kanye's line on genius before you post here

I though those were bad lyrics when I first listened to that song when I was like 8.

WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE
YELLOW SUBMARINE
YELLOW SUBMARINE

>WE ARE THE NEW AMERICANA
>HIGH ON LEGAL MARIJUANA
Unfortunately no

Give it time.
Soon the whole genre will be laughed at.
Rap is at where Rock music was in the early 2010s. It’s in it’s dying days.

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push miracle whips.

Those lyrics aren't borderline retarded, they're just a little dumb

>"I keep it 300 like the Romans" is a decent line

90% of hip-hop consumers don't actually listen to the fucking lyrics most of the time. That's why the whole triplet-flow is so popular and mumble rap.

Blowing a cello is so fucking stupid it makes me laugh every time. Like how fucking ignorant you have to be? Even 5 year olds in kindergarten know it's a string instrument.

Then what the fuck do these stupid brainlets listen to it for?
“Just because it’s popular” that is the single most cancerous line of thinking out there. Eughh.

the funniest part about this line is that it came from kanye's 'i'm a genius and i have to let you all know' phase. i'm a huge kanye fan and this line legit pisses me off.

My friend unironically likes that song. How do I redpill him?

>gets trolled by rap music

neofolk

It's the same thing that happened when EDM was popping off 5 years ago. People use it as the soundtrack to a good time. Same thing with pop-country.

Throw it on at a party, a BBQ, fucking whatever social event. It has a good rhythm and has lyrics about getting fucked up or hanging out.

Try putting on anything with a slower rhythm or something compelling that changes a lot at a party. People will hate it and ask for "da aux cord, man put on some Kendrick".

"rape me"

"jump"

"red solo cup"

"that's so gay"

read a history book

>I was merely pretending to be retarded

I hate people.

300 in Roman numerals is CCC. It isn't a reference to the battle of Thermopylae. Prove me wrong

The Beatles never really cared about lyrics, but that line is absolutely fucking hilarious within the context of the song.

Country has a lot of dumb shit.

you say it like black people haven't made some of the most interesting music of the modern age (20/21'st century).

must be a pasty white redneck.

A lot of the hip-hop albums that are beloved here don't have the lyrics as their primary selling point either. Yeezus, Paul's Boutique, cLOUDDEAD, etc. etc.

Sup Forums is NOT keeping it 300 like the Romans ITT

>borderline retarded lyrics
Lawnmower Deth user. But in a good way.

>I keep it 300 like the Romans
What did he mean by this? Seriously. Surely he could have just said I keep it 300 like the Spartans?

No because then it wouldn't have rhymed with the followup line "where the trojans?"

Which invalidates the retarded argument that he meant 300 = CCC = Cool, calm, collected.

>Which invalidates the retarded argument that he meant 300 = CCC = Cool, calm, collected.

Is this what people really believe? That's quite the stretch.

Lyrical Examples pls.

See Instead of just admitting that Kanye fucked up a movie reference, they have to believe he's some kind of genius.

It makes them feel badass. Pretty much the same reason people listen to metal.

Yes, in any other genre writing stupid shit like that will grant you the status of parody artist or comedy musician.

I don't know. Peoples' tastes only really bothered me when I was forced to be around those people in high school and college.

Once you whittle your friends group down to the people that you can actually stand and socialize with, it's easier to ignore the least-common-denominator bullshit that is the post-capitalist culture that dominates everything. Just get better friends.

That's inconsequential since yrics don't matter, ever, in any genre

So you base your love on the album on the musicianship? so i could make a song with some of the best musicianship of all time singing about how much horse cocks i've sucked and you wouldn't care?

It's a good line.

This is incorrect.

yeah okay what does CCC mean then

>300
>romans
>decent

Reminder that racist reactionaries wouldn't exist without white guilt hip-hop fans glorifying vile trash as post-modernist genius.

Hate libtards, not black people.

t. Paul Joseph Watson

Yessir

Should I call /his/ to come and give us the real answer?

>mfw I wanted to give you shit that we're living in the early 2010s but realized it's almost 2020

death would be better than living in the 2020s

kanye west fans say it means cool calm collected but I reckon hes a retard and they just assigned this meaning to make it sound better

Right because the musicianship in hip-hop is so creative and groundbreaking

Missed that you said "prove me wrong."

It is a reference to the movie 300 while being an intentional mistake. The previous line supports this (They say I'm possessed / It's an Omen) by being an incorrect reference to the movie The Omen (the child is the literal Antichrist, not possessed). Both lines are meant to be intentional misunderstandings of popular culture (one of which is a stylized representation of what has already happened while the other is a stylized representation of what is to come).

Whether or not this fits into a meta-narrative that spans the track / album depends more on your confirmation bias than anything. Kanye seems to have a track record of feeling that his style is being misunderstood. Go figure.

Do not entertain brainlet interpretations.

but neither Kanye nor the Romans are(were?) cool, calm and collected

I know lad
when has kanye west ever been calm or collected.

>Do not entertain brainlet interpretations.

This is as retarded a justification if not more so than the CCC thing

do not respond to friendo. he is mentally deficient

>outdoes rap and hip-hop in song sampling
>TWICE

do they even try?

Rock died in the mid-2000s really.

FEELING LIKE KATRINA WITH NO FEMA
LIKE MARTIN WITH NO GINA
LIKE A FLIGHT WITH NO VISA
FIRST CLASS WITH THE SEAT BACK I STILL SEE YA

Until someone can reasonably show that my stance is less tenable than the absurd "CCC" apologists, I will remain less retarded than everyone who disagrees with me.

sorry the thread didn't manage to update before I hitsubmit
it makes sense with the omen line but for the life of me I can't understand why he thought making two 'MERELY PRETENDING' lines would be a good idea other than to fuck with people

can you justify the "bleached her asshole" line next please

>I can't understand why he thought making two 'MERELY PRETENDING' lines would be a good idea other than to fuck with people
If I were as rich and pretentious as Kanye, I'd probably cook up some super "deep" meta narrative spanning my whole album that reflects how misunderstood and secretly genius I am in order to shield my ego from criticism. Anyone who called me retarded would just be a brainlet who didn't understand it.

I'd also be mostly correct, because most of the people who critique Yeezus act like college anti-Trumpers and spew inane shit. It's perfectly okay to think something is bad after making an honest attempt to understand it.

Too deep for me.

Kek

Can’t stand this fag

Some people bleach there assholes. I guess kanye wears tee shirts when fucking. He doesn't want to get the asshole bleach on his tee shirt because that would make him look like an asshole himself.

kek

electronic lyrics get away with a lot too

electronic music isn't based around lyrics

that is true but sometimes songs are in this weird space of wanting lyrics throughout most of the song, but refusing to write more than 1 or 2 lines, and even those lines are sometimes no good... no lyrics at all is a better option if they aren't even going to try.

This is a great line, is Sup Forums really so retarded? Kayne knows that the Spartans were the 300, not the Romans, he just doesn't care, his lyrics on Yeezus are a whole juxaposition of stupid not giving a fuck stuff like this mixed in with cryptic and deeply personal messages. I did not know mu was so legitimately dumb, have you guys even listened to the album or do you browse Sup Forums and hate black people

It was an overwrought interpretation of a Kanye West line on rap genius on the same level as those people who thought folding a 20 dollar bill a few times was evidence that 9/11 was an inside job

The song is called black skinhead, were you expecting it to make sense?

Pop Punk Exists

Well skinhead was a fashion movement before it was a political movement. It was mostly whites but they loved black music like reggae.

well shit

The Romans took Greece, and Sparta became an ally.

"Ceasar went to Sparta to honor the city in which Romans had cherry picked many Spartan ideas - namely the importance of virtus or virtue"

He compares this to the fall of Troy mythos, wherein the Spartan king's wife, Helen, is taken by Paris of Troy, and the Greeks wage war against them.

It's two, six word, idiomatic lines about staying real, and fucking lots of women, that also alludes to Roman history and Greek mythology.

While also including a theme of loyalty and respect.

nope, and if you do care, youre a pleb who would be better of reading moby dick than listening to music. I bet you like A Crow Looked at Me, don't you?

you probably should get out of this generation
its wrong for you

Imagine actually thinking lyrics don't matter and you could sing about how many horse cocks you've guzzled and this guy really think it wouldn't effect the music in anyway. Goodnight pleb.

what do you expect from a """"genre"""" which has the stupidest shit like "ugh ugh fuk the polic" NWA, "today i smok ma chronic like everyday" Dr. Dre and "thugh lif" 2pac as essential classics?

If your friend is a Halsey fan he's already too far gone shoot him

in roman numerals 300 is CCC. CCC is short for calm cool and collected.

>metal
>badass

every kid that has ever listened to metal has got bullied. fucking nerd genre

I'm a kanye fan and this is factual

I can't wait for this fucking trap rap bubble to burst. It's all triplet flows, shitty beats, either a Nicki Minaj or Cardi B feature, and just talentless lyrics about weed bitches and lean.

Pretty sure the founders of hip hop are all disgusted by what it's become. It used to be about empowerment and catharsis. Now it's all rented Ferraris, gay ass clothes (a fucking motorcycle racing suit?), and drugs.

That Kanye line is supposed to be stupid and ridiculous, that's the point of Yeezus

I wasn't memeing, why dont you just stick to literature instead of listening to music? You've shown me you obviously can only derive meaning from art if the creator is bashing his point across your head, instead of listening to sweet sweet music and deciding what it means to you personally. I'm not against lyrics, but I'd rather avoid the artist's agenda because i dont give a fuck about who made the music or what they have to say, only that they made sounds that are appealing to my ears. you must be underage or just ignorant if you can't understand why lyrics aren't as important as the music itself.

>fads are bad

guys im gonna change rap ok?
bringing back lyrics and all.
it's not a game.

>that peruser of smooth jazz

Nu Metal/Rap Metal were a fad. So was europop like ATC and Aqua. Also that gay twee folksy shit that was all the rage when Juno came out. Nobody looks back fondly on that shit. What makes you think we'll look back at this era of trap pop rap and think "ahhh now that was good"?

Smooth jazz has held up pretty well over the years, have you listened to any?

Like Kenny G elevator music smooth jazz? I like George Benson but only because of his guitar playing.

it flows well, but it's a brainlet tier reference. nothing about that couplet had anything to do with romans. those were the greeks.