New Preoccupations single

youtube.com/watch?v=Kl1oQE2uzxw

Album dropping on March 28

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X0Cftwtlho4
reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/4jc7k8/hi_im_chris_ott_ama/d35g260/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sounds good. Hopefully the album is not bogged down by those awkward cuts like in your OP.

HYPE. They keep sounding more and more 80s with each release.

But in all seriousness, I like the continuation of unusual production techniques. I can't remember the last time I heard a bass guitar that sounded like that within a song.

i'm not feeling it rn.
Maybe it'll grow on me.

Excellent. Glad to have some... New Material... on the way.
I'm kind of disappointed they're finally breaking tradition of releasing self titled albums though.

wow this is some of the weirdest rock i've heard in a long time. like glitchy goth. excited about album

>sjw garbage
nty

>sjw garbage
How so?

>I can't remember the last time I heard a bass guitar that sounded like that
It's just flanger on top of chorus. Soft Moon use it too.
youtube.com/watch?v=X0Cftwtlho4

Wow, great song, very promising.

Great band.

reddit.com/r/indieheads/comments/4jc7k8/hi_im_chris_ott_ama/d35g260/

Their band name change.

Shows that they're just a bunch of nu-male weaklings that can't take a stance for themselves.

I was disappointed as well they did not stand behind their old name and surrenderd to some SJW faggotry. But we played show with them last year so I got a chance to chat and I don't think they are SJWs themselves. It was more pragmatic decision.

They could have, and then never get the chance to see them live. Music's a business, like anything else

It's just a band name, so I honestly couldn't give less of a fuck as long as the music's good. Besides, Preoccupations has a better ring to it, personally

I seriously don't see how "Viet Cong" is remotely racist, like they were an organisation that fought against what was essentially an attempt to subjugate Vietnam into the American sphere of influence, what is racist about that? If they were called "The Slanted-Eyed Ching Chongs" then I could understand though really it seems a little stupid.

>I seriously don't see how "Viet Cong" is remotely racist
It's not racism, but the Viet Cong were infamous for their deliberate attacks on civilians in South Vietnam. I guess attaching that name somewhat carelessly to your band (the band claims they didn't know who the Viet Cong were before the controversy) can be insensitive, particularly when it's not purposefully used for a political message like Dead Kennedys.

This.Still don't understand why some anons get so angry about the name change,they just wanted to get away from the bad press and getting shows canceled because of it is not great for a new band.Live shows and mech are a huge part of the income for smaller bands no point on risking not being able to live off making music to make a point about something they don't have any particular attachment to.

sounds like joy division

watch the recent ken burns.
it was an insulting term. iirc, by westerners on freedom fighters, i think.

still, faggots should hsve kept the fucing name

Love the sound they've gone with here, one of my most anticipated releases this year

that’s obviously a commercial decision what probably wasn’t made because the band themselves are SJW. If so they wouldn’t have picked the fucking name in the first place you damn retard

Yeah this band is still one of the best to do it in this decade. Brilliant musicians.

>iceage and preoccupations albums in the same year

Who's iceage gonna sound like this year?

what I don't get shouldn't all these commie SJWs just love the name Vietcong who where a symbol of resitance against 'US imperialism' ?

You're right but that would mean that their ideology follows any resemblance of logic or reason.Anyway really looking forward for this album to drop wasn't expecting new material(pun unintended) so soon.

I think the "new material" pun was intentional on their end

This band had a cool name then they changed it to something generic & took a shit on their aesthetic, why?