Oh shit, we accidentally wrote a compelling villain and cast a charismatic actor to portray him

>oh shit, we accidentally wrote a compelling villain and cast a charismatic actor to portray him
>can't have that in the MCU
>better get rid of him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/aPIDBEaoov4
youtube.com/watch?v=JkjQEBvcAdE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dude, yeah.

I lasted like 3-4 more episodes before realizing the show died w/ him and dropping it. Befuddling.

It's good to be the Kang

>oh shit, we accidentally wrote a compelling antagonist and cast a charismatic actor to play him; and his arc is better than the protagonists
>better shuffle it off to the side and focus on some stupid ninja bullshit instead

HA HA HA HA HA

>oh shit, we accidentally wrote a compelling villain and cast a charismatic actor to portray him
>better HAVE HIM REAPPEAR IN THE SECOND SEASON FUCK YES DAREDEVIL RULES

He was fucking retarded from the start. What the fuck was supposed to be compelling and interesting about him? Killgrave and Fisk are great villains, this guy was shit tier.

This is the most painful one.
He murdered his role. Best punisher portrayal ever. Needs his own show.

HAIL TO THE CHIEF

He's getting his own show

Thought the same thing yo

Remy is better off balls deep in Jackie's pink pussy

>7 episodes of build up with this guy
>finally get some compelling backstory for who he is
>gets killed off by his butthurt cousin because MUH RAEP
>now they expect us to pretend like anybody even gives a single fat fuck about this bitch as a villain when all she's done is act like a stupid cunt and continues to do the very same
>b-but wait we'll introduce Diamondback! We were all mysterious about him early on
>AY YO HOL UP WHAIR YOU AT LUKE? AHM YO BRUTHA NIGGA AYE GOT GUNS N SHEEEEIT
>WHERE MAH SUPER SUIT, WOMAN!?! WHAT'D YA DO WITH MAH SUPER SUIT?
>shows up in a fucking onesie and a motorcycle helmet that I'm supposed to believe SOMEHOW gives him the power to go one on one with Luke Cage

Holy fuck, I know most of the MCU shows go full retard about halfway through but this took the fucking cake

Nothing in Luke Cage was particularly compelling and the flashbacks showing Cottonmouth's backstory were embarrassingly poor.

he's getting it but they still fucking blew it, especially bringing up the whole dilemma about his heroics and if he'd end up like frank, just to fucking toss it out once the threat was a world ending mystical vaguely asian deathchild

just because frank miller made it up doesn't mean it's good

>oh shit we accidentally cast a compelling actor as a villain
>better kill him off in one movie

Shut up, racist.

m'ask you somethin criminals

>Oh scheisse

I still do not know the fuck happened to Luke Cage after he died.

It is like show got completely rewritten into dumb schlock.

>oh shit, we accidentaly cast Corey Stoll to play another bald, conniving business man
>that's fucking stupid, let's just kill him off
>nobody objects

>Y- Y.- You sure you're gonna keep my dialogue intact Kevin?

>>better HAVE HIM REAPPEAR IN THE SECOND SEASON FUCK YES DAREDEVIL RULES

He was used to such good effect. Best cape antagonist in film or tv along w/ S1 Reverse Flash.

>some stupid ninja bullshit instead

Idk who's asking for magic ninja shit or cosmic shit from Marvel.

Is it too much for Marvel to keep their Cinematic Universe at the street fighting level?

And Netflix's Marvel shows would be higher quality if the seasons were shorter. They all seem to start off strong and then stumble towards the end.

>cosmic shit from Marvel.

I am. GotG is better than the majority of Marvel flicks, it looks like an actual film. Shame the bland Russos are doing the ostensibly cosmic Infinity War and not a better director.

Should have been Lex

Fuck

>Idk who's asking for magic ninja shit or cosmic shit from Marvel.

People with even a passing familiarity with the comics.

>Give the bad guy a backstory?
>ain't nobody got time for that shit, we need to fill this up with advertising for avengers and guardians of the galaxy

>how dare comic book movies act like comic books

Go watch a cop show if you don't want superheros in your superhero shows.

trips of truth

do you watch TV series 6 months after they end?

What if I told you people watch tv series at various points after their completion, and that that's ok? It's not a video game competition.

I VANT MY BURD

The show was still great, you're an idiot.

>you're not allowed to discuss a show unless it's aired within the last two weeks

>let's cast all these respected and talented actors as villains

you're right, my bad, let's make a thread about the feels of charlton heston when he saw the statue of liberty in planet of the apes.

Actually sad to see them lined up like that.

Ultron, red skull, whiplash, Ronan... completely wasted.
It's not bad enough that they didn't get a good storyline. They also had to kill them off, so they can't even do a sequel.

If Marvel ever get the rights back to Dr.Doom, I really hope they don't pull this trick.

>oh shit, we need a movie about politics splitting a team of superheroes.
>we can't have that in the Marvel Cinematic Universeā„¢
>better make it a romace/comedy and leave the serious shit for the end!

Ok, i'd much rather discuss that then that latest comic book show fad.

How can you be compelled by coloring book characters written for 8 year olds?

i really liked this series

but when they introduced that new guy with the magical bullets it went downhill quickly

and i burst out laughing when he turns up in that suit to fight LUKE CAGE in hand to hand combat

it was way better before lily from first contact killed her brother

still looking forward to S2 though

>romace/comedy
What's with this hyperbole anyway? The airport scene was about 20 minutes, there's still 2 hours of the movie without any comedy.

>there's still 2 hours of the movie without any comedy.
And tension, good cinematography, good visual effects, good editing and good story.

God damn it season 2 was great until Elektra showed up.

The show really lost steam after that. It got too goofy and the social commentary was really hamfisted and childish. That final battle was laughable.
>ninja bullshit has no place in Daredevil!
Fucking what?
He's gonna be Dormammu's vessel to come to Earth and reneg on his bargain.

Well that's another issue then. I was just talking about the alleged romantic comedy tone I was unaware about.

After Winter Soldier, Civil War is still the most serious in tone out of all the MCU movies. I'd say the entire Captain America trilogy is the only one that has more serious scenes than comedic scenes. That and The Incredible Hulk. Everything else is pure action-comedy.

>better kill him off in one movie
actually he became a mindless one.

>Everyone, quiet down. Mickey Rourke has some thoughts. Go ahead, Mickey.
>...so, uhhh... what if he had, like, a bird...?
>Hey, that's great Mickey. Alright everyone, get back to work.

>After Winter Soldier, Civil War is still the most serious in tone out of all the MCU movies
HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHA

it's not that it has no place, it's that it just bubbled to the surface and was way less interesting than punisher
if they had devoted the season to it i wouldn't have minded, but they fucked the interesting parts and the whole tone of the season to have something for matt to do

Nice meme.

Which one is it then? GotG? The Avengers? Thor 2?

>red skull
>It's not bad enough that they didn't get a good storyline. They also had to kill them off
Red Skull was supposed to come back and be working with Thanos(the cosmic cube was a portal, afterall), but Agent Smith didn't want to do it because he hated wearing the prosthetic.

Ebin shitpost

Both of these problems could have been solved if they just made the seasons shorter. So far all 4 seasons of Marvel Netflix are too damn long, each one longer than the last.

LONG LIVE DA CHEEF

This, it's barely a movie. No tension, drama, stakes. Each moment approaching such is instantly deflated by quipping.

I liked Elektra, it was boring generic Ninjas that ruined it for me. Elektra was no Punisher or Kingpin, but at least she was a character.

This is honestly a huge flaw in these shows, Luke Cage could have been 6-8 episodes.

>After Winter Soldier, Civil War is still the most serious in tone out of all the MCU movies
Both Cap 1 and Incredible Hulk had more serious tones.

>oh shit, we accidentally cast a real life genius as War Machine in our Ironman movie.
>can't have him overshadowing Tony Stark.
>better replace him with that nigger from Crash.

>Iron Man? Iron Man, what's goin on witchoo Iron Man, man?

youtu.be/aPIDBEaoov4

>for Marvel to keep their Cinematic Universe at the street fighting level

The fuck? The MCU has been "above street fighting level" from the very beginning, you know, that first movie that featured guys in flying robot suits.

The mistake there was casting someone considerably taller than RDJ, which was just poor foresight. You don't want a War Machine who's a foot taller than Iron Man.

Little defensive and unduly mean mane. His charisma carried it for me.

>wanted to be paid the same as the star
>not a shitter
Y'okay.

>Best punisher portrayal ever
Kids these days...
youtube.com/watch?v=JkjQEBvcAdE

Luke Cage was my least favorite Marvel show so far. Jess Jones wasn't great but had more interesting villain and supporting characters.

I was genuinely surprised when I found out the guy who played the Sunglasses criminal bad guy WASN'T the same guy who played McLovin in Superbad

he seemed really awkward and out of place

>cap 1
>serious

What the fuck? That hokey shit?

Cap 1 should have been Band of Brothers with superheroes not that Hallmark Card garbage

>Sunglasses criminal bad guy WASN'T the same guy who played McLovin in Superbad
I did not know that blind people "watched" this show.

The character Lundgren played was The Punisher in name only.

His family was killed and he became a murderous vigilante. What more is there to the Punisher? A big skull on a shirt?

i kek'd

>oh shit, we actually hired a unique auteur
to make one of these movies
>better have the guy who directed knockoff Liar Liar make a movie with the sidekick from Knocked Up instead

Punisher is such a shitty character. People act like he's so deep and complicated when in reality he's the most one dimensional character out there. The stereotypical "my family died so I became a vigilante" who's only unique trait is that he kills everyone and everything without remorse or even reason most the time.

Anyone else felt like the romance subplot between Luke and Claire was stupid? Now it seems like Luke is a man whore and every woman in the series wants his BBC. Plus, if Jessica is endgame, I don't want a love triangle clogging up the story. I don't know what the fuck the writers were thinking. It's like a guy and a girl can't just be friends. They have to be banging each other too.

It was his decision though.

Is that you got from it? He has a bullet in his head that messes up his brain so he's always in a state of flight-or-fight. This gives him increased adrenaline so he's always at peak physical performance and doesn't care about pain, but it also makes him relive the trauma every time he loses consciousness.

His test levels weren't high enough.

massusumthin matt

I'm glad he got off the project. If he actually got off his lazy shit and didn't get all his other projects off the ground when the MCU needed him then Ant-Man would have been a Phase One movie. Besides, he hasn't made anything good since Hot Fuzz. He is severely overrated.

That doesn't add much to his character and is mostly used to justify why he can take on 15 guys at once.

The Punisher is still just a generic comic vigilante without anything entertaining or insightful into a character who is a vigilante.

a-are you still laughing, user or did you run out of characters...?

At least we still have Shades.

Ronan was fine for the movie itself, but mostly because Gunn used him as the straight man.

Must be great for those actors, though. Big paychecks and you get to run around in bad guy makeup for a month, just hamming it up.

He was the bigger actor at the time.

At the time of developing Iron Man 2? Shut the fuck up.

For you

He was but he fucked up in thinking that Iron Man did well because of him and not Robert. He should have swallowed his ego taken the paycheck and he would have been in IM2, IM3 and Civil War. He would have had more recognition, producers would want to work with him because he was tied to a successful franchise and not avoid him because he tried to out jew. He could have made more serious movies in between the MCU movies.

Anyways, just another case of an actor's ego fucking him up.

> oh shit, we actually killed off a character audiences liked
> can't have that in the MCU
> better give him his own show

People liked him?

I was so numbed to those damn ninjas, every fight with them was the same.

hes the only reason i sat through the first episode. great actor but the story still sucked