Luke sacrifices himself because REEEEEEE FUCK YOU DAD

>Luke sacrifices himself because REEEEEEE FUCK YOU DAD
vs
>entire team of selfless heroes give up their lives to keep the flame of hope from being extinguished

Also, R1 is better shot, better acted, has better pace, and a greater spectacle finale. Was ESB finally outkinoed?

This is exactly how a pseudo intellectual millenial will view these two movies.

HAHAH YEAH VADER WAS FKIN EPIK IN ROGUE ONE XD PRAISE OBAMA #ONELASTTERM

>millenial
I don't understand the use of this term here as an insult. You yourself are either a millennial, or too old to be here, or an underage and should fuck off

>a single scene in Empire has better acting, more drama and emotion, better characters, better EVERTYHING, than the entirety of R1

disney is the death of star wars

If you like the new Star Wars you are underage

Honestly, you should probably end your life

>a dashing sexy man kisses a reluctant, fierce woman
Just like in my twilight novels

She said stop, and no affirmative consent was given.

Wow Han Solo was a rapist.

han knows what a woman wants, millenial

>better shot, better acted, has better pace

in my >opinion

no.

>pacing
Rogue One's pacing is very typical frenetic 2016 shit where 10 minutes never goes by without something blowing up or someone yelling "we gotta get outta here!" or something. it's not objectively wrong, but it's just not my flavor. if you ask me, the sequences on Jedha should have been extended to have more world building stuff and expand Forest Whitaker's character, and the whole "rainy planet assassination attempt with lots of misunderstandings and explosions" should have just been cut. the farewell that Jyn got from the holotape was actually more emotional than the death scene on the landing platform.

whereas the slow middle part of ESB (asteroid field, Dagobah) is great shit, everything builds up amazingly well to the confrontation at Cloud City. very unique and amazing pacing to ESB. and yeah I realize I'm basically quoting RLM there but... Mike was right about that.

>acting
there ain't no god damn Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher level of acting in this movie. there ain't no Billy Dee Williams, and there certainly ain't no Luke and Vader scene in Rogue One, either.

Mads Mikkelsen's death scene fell pretty flat. it was like "oh, my daughter?... wait, what are you doing here? oh well I'm dead. force be with you." the next scene, on the shuttle, where Jyn and the Spanish accent mustache guy (I forget his name) are arguing about the assassination attempt, also felt kind of pointless and emotionally confused. K2's character and death scene were both great, and so was the last scene between the two main characters on the beach.

>better shot

tough to convey my opinions on the subject without posting dozens of webms. but there were lots of beautiful shots in R1 that I felt were wasted on fast cuts. R1 rarely assumed that the audience would have the patience to appreciate a good shot being held out. Vader's final appearance was an exception to this statement.

I forgot to mention in this post that I really, really liked Rogue One. just, not as much as Empire.

>was ESB finally outkinoed?

No. ESB was better.

Women want a partner who will treat them with respect.

It's shameful, this simulated on screen rape was so traumatic for Ms. Fisher, it sent her to the only comfort she could find, drugs.

luke wasn't trying to 'sacrifice himself', he was trying to kill himself instead of being taken prisoner by Vader or killed by him.

when will the disney shills go away ;_;

>has better pace

Not even close. The first half has atrocious pacing. It only picks up in the second half once the movie gives up on trying to justify the plot and just rolls with it.

Hopefully soon. This movie was as ass as capeshit.

Yeah but only one of them came out before the internet thus making it good

No, Rogue One is obviously not as good as ESB. It's still good though, and the suicide mission aspect of it is one of the best things about it.