Can we all agree on that this movie was shit?

Can we all agree on that this movie was shit?

It was pretty meh. Watch it once and forget about right tier.

You might be the only two people who saw it.

Everyone's putting it on their top 10 lists for 2016, I don't get it. It seems like such a boring story.

Also I don't want to have to watch it in order to understand the appeal.

>90 second event
>90 minute movie
I'm actually nonironically curious how they pulled it off

Except it did really well at the box office and will be re-released after it wins a ton of awards you bloody kumquat.

Its a lot of unnecessary drama around the investigation of him actually put the people on the plane in danger OR if it was the right thing to do....

>don't watch the film
>have no idea what you are talking about
>call it boring shit

Never change, Sup Forums.

There's some background about Sully and how he got his start. There's some overblown shit about the investigation and him on trial as if THE EBIL FAA would jail him for saving a plane full of people.

It's old people fodder. A recognizable and respected actor with an old guy director who remembers when Cokes cost $0.05 and people saluted the flag. A safe story where we all know the ending. A movie based on a news story which is all old people watch besides JAG or whatever serialized crime shit is popular these days. It could have been a 1hr made for tv movie but Eastwood has too many connections and backers to let that happen.

>Everyone's putting it on their top 10 lists for 2016

Bullshit. No one is.

Clint Eastwood does his best Robert Zemekis impression

>please allow me to introduce myself starts playing

I saw it a couple days ago and liked it overall. It was an interesting look at everyday heroes and how a single event can define your whole career and the effects of being put in the spotlight for an event that could have easily resulted in catastrophe.

>A safe story where we all know the ending.
just like Rogue One

Welcome to hollywood, where "based on true events" is stretched as much as your mother

Unlike many films, I know exactly what this one is about. I'm just asking what makes it special beyond the plot which I already know.

I love it that people on here are SO MAD about a star wars movie that they bring it up in non star wars threads. Stay mad my friends.

That's what I thought it was gonna be but really the first half of Flight blew the fuck out of this, Zemeckis pulled it off surprisingly well

A good director buried in discount oscarbait

>premise isn't engaging
>this is somehow not a marketing failure

Flight is about alcoholism and self-destructive tendencies and redemption.

Sully is about Capraesque working-class ethics.

>The FAA wouldn't jail him or never allow him to fly again because he landed a plane in the ocean
M-MUH TWIN TOWERS!
The FAA is full of fuckholes who always want to nail people for possibly doing something wrong even in the most asinine situations when everything turned out fine.

No. It was pretty good.

Safe story that actually happened dumb shit.

I liked it. Don't know if Id watch it again. once you watch it the story and performances lose their impact. best to watch once and forget it.

let's make a movie about you waking up this morning. because it actually happened it should be very interesting.

What if user is a big guy

When did Clint start making movies for old people?
It's like after Gran Torino he just settled comfortably into a directing retirement home.

Unforgiven

It's almost literally Flight.
only like 30 seconds of the movie is flying/landing the plane upside down and the remaining 1:44:30 is the investigation into his alcoholism and it's role during the event.

>go to see movie
>literally a packed house
>entirely with old people

I guess the combination of Clint and Sully is like catnip for old people

>let's make a movie about you waking up this morning

Did he grab himself a gun?

It's okay. Eastwood is a very mediocre director who stops at getting the job done.

>You might be the only two people who care about film on a board that's been entirely taken over by redditors.
Ftfy faggot