Nocturnal animals

How did a fagwit like him direct so tasteful?

>Fashion designer
>Knows how to aesthetics

A Single Man was better tbqh

I agree. A Single Man is one of my fave movies of the last decade, but I still quite enjoyed Nocturnal Animals. Hope it doesn't take another 7 years for his next film.

Any person with a half a brain in film knowledge knows this was terribly composed. The narrative is fine, but it didn't know what it wanted to do and how to do it. The blocking felt like it was a scent by Tom Ford commercial.

can you give me an example of something that was terribly composed?

Protip: All your favorite artists are gay.

it was bad though

I thought the first half was great but the second half meh

I mean he should have tortured the guy

Understood the reference

Should have raped him then tortured him

One of the most frustrating movies I have ever seen.

>Had the desired effect
>faggots like you criticize the film for it
kys

>kys

No u

based Ford is the king of fashionkino, show some fucking respect

We're waiting

The editing in any conversation

It's like someone took a lawnmower to the film reel

I can't believe user prefers Ford's movie to mine

>tasteful directing

His directing was anything but tasteful.

>Amy and Jake were heavily underutilised, Shannon and Johnson outshine them easily (and it's certainly not because of Ford)
>a lot of "I'm acting!" scenes and cheesy oneliners
>Jake losing his accent depending on the take (not between the narratives)
>framing and composition of the landscapes felt like a film student trying to copy NCFOM landscapes
>out of place bad editing between wide shots and close up's
>jarring color pallete difference between the two narratives that doesn't blend at all
>all the night scenes had obvious convenient too strong lighting like it's the brightest moon ever
>too on the nose symbolism with clues being literally spelled out in text form behind the characters
>laughable phoneclip jump scare scene

Mind you, most of these are between takes, not the two narratives.
The only thing I can give him is the color pallete difference between the narratives because he "wanted" it to be like that.

Most of these are Ford's fault where it becomes apparent he's firstly a fashion designer, not a director.

Also everyone will forget this movie exists in a month or two

The endless scenes of Adams taking showers, leaning on a couch, gasping, etc, are telefilm material.

Take a shot everytime Amy Adams character stops reading the book and looks at the ceiling all stressed out

Didn't this guy once say that every man should at least get fucked in the ass by another man just to try and see if they like it?

reminder that this movie triggers people for being masochistic

I would get drunk in 20 minutes or so.