This show is pretty bad

this show is pretty bad

It's pretty great actually.

I like it

It was really good

Remove Dirk. Show becomes much better. At least, they should've toned him down.

The UK version with Stephen Mangan was pretty good

nah

>What is going on?!

I have to admit that I laughed at this scene.
Pity Lydia Spring actress was terrible, and I'm also surprised that Sup Forums didn't got the webm of her licking dude's hand

I don't know about you guys, I read the books 10+ years ago but I never pictured Dirk as a frenetic coke addled jumpy fucker. I always got this hint of a world weary tiredness and mild sardonic attitude about him.

I'm guessing the screenwriter only liked the idea of holistic nature an hijacked the IP to get his script made. This the least Douglas shit I've ever seen.

>Pity Lydia Spring actress was terrible
I didn't think she was bad. How do you realistically act like a dog in a humans body?

>lydia as a dog

>I always got this hint of a world weary tiredness and mild sardonic attitude about him.
He is both of those though, just less jaded than previous Dirks (but kinda inconsiderate which gives the same effect). The cases are emotionally trying to him and you see it sometimes, like when he saw Riggins or when Todd told him about faking the illness.

Yes, and?

This guy is supposed to be Mr. Plinkett, right?

I got you senpai

I thought it was pretty good.

>no hugs

Hated it.

>I've never read the books

First episode is indeed borderline cheesy, but after that all characters toned down their eccentricity. The reveal of the mystery is pretty rushed, but all the small details are well tied up. Worth second viewing to appreciate it more.
That young CIA guy's actor is pretty bad, but he got 6 months or so to go to drama class before S2 starts.

max my dad is famous landis does it again

What makes you think that? The UK version was closer to the books than this, especially the pilot.

>That young CIA guy's actor is pretty bad
Do you mean this guy? I fucking loved him

>Are you reaching for your gun right now?

The UK version was a lot further from the books, at least in my interpretation.

>Worth second viewing to appreciate it more.
I've done nearly a dozen re-watches and the only thing in the pilot that I've spotted that doesn't match exactly with the ending is the inflection Todd puts on "time machine" when he sees himself which means it was re-recorded rather than spliced.

Yeah him. He's ok as a stupid guy with little script, but if he'll be the big bad in S2, he needs to polish up a bit

>All the characters from the first book except the Monk, Ghost and Professor Chronotis
>Elena the Cleaner from Long Dark Tea-Time
>Reason (the computer program which rationalises decisions for you)
>The university psychic exam arrest stuff

That's just off the top of my head, I don't think I've seen it since it was on TV

The Rowdy 3 are going to be ok, right guys?

No, it's pretty good. Never read the books.

I still don't like Dirk as a character though, but he is much more bearable than the start.
And I find myself being quite fond of the black girl and her severe insecurity that she usually manages to hide.

Well, Vogel should be okay because he took Amanda and left, but I'm not sure about the rest.

I'm more worried about my Murderfu after meeting Dirk cancelled out her immunity, or whatever it was that happened.

i like frodo in this role

Do I need to watch the lord of the rings first or after? Or any other order? Help guys

Dirk Gently webm thread?

Do you have one of Farrah in the trunk? That was a nice body.

>Be a fan of the books
>Try to watch this
>They turned Dirk into le quirky homosexual reddit man
>Takes place in america
>It's literally unwatchable
Fuck you max landis

I liked it and have yet to see a critique that didn't boil down to "dude quirky characters suck lmao" or bitching about Landis.

Like i get if you don't like quirky characters, that's understandable, but i've literally not seen criticism other than that.

It's got nearly nothing to do with the books, Dirks character is completely different, in the books he's an older fat eastern european with a unique personality, in the show he's fucking unbearable.

I'll say to you the same thing i say to harry potter and dunefags.

> Books.
> 2016

>Not reading books is cool
>Fuck school xD
You must be american.

>an older fat eastern european
We want the....What crowd would ever want this?

His name is Eastern European but Dirk himself isn't, and he's basically the same character except young and less inhibited (or quirky, if you prefer)

>Liar
>Con artist
>Psychic but pretends not to be

I'm happy to chalk it up to whatever the CIA did to him, and I'm okay with him acting like Doctor Who seeing as Dirk Gently was an old Doctor Who script too, and the difference between Tom Baker and Matt Smith is the same as the difference between this Dirk and the book Dirk.

It's a nu-male tumblrinas power fantasy
>DUDE STRONG BLACK WOMAN
>DUDE BAD GUYS ARE ALL WHITE MEN
>DUDE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE ILLNESS
>DUDE CIA ARE BAD PEOPLE

Complaining incessantly about the difference between books and other media is pointless and pedantic ergo >Books >2016

I hope you find happiness one day preferably with a shotgun in your mouth

>>DUDE CIA ARE BAD PEOPLE

Aren't they trying to undermine Trump right now with all their unsubstantiated MUH RUSSIA.

Sounds pretty bad to me.

The ones that liked the books, why else make the show?

Expand the market to people who have not encountered the books yet? Otherwise they'd just make more books no?

Did you even watch the show?
>>DUDE STRONG BLACK WOMAN
The strong black woman spends the first few episodes tied to a bed or as a hostage
>>DUDE BAD GUYS ARE ALL WHITE MEN
The bad guys can be whoever they want because they can swap souls, and there was a black drone, and the first body the main evil guy swapped into was a black guy
>>DUDE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE ILLNESS
What does that even mean?
>>DUDE CIA ARE BAD PEOPLE
Actually they're good people being taken over by a government oversight committee

You need to go outside and do something happy. Find a dog to play with. Before it's too late.

How is it expanding the market if the show and books are two completely different things?
The show is obviously appealing to the tumblr crowd, normies don't give a shit either way.
Douglas Adams is dead and doing backflips in his grave, there won't be anymore books.

I make $50/hr teaching tennis to rich brats 8 hours a day . I'm doing more than you and look better than you :)

Lydia liking her captors hand

I make more and work less without playing a twink sport. :)

Good for you Max

so you admit you're a lazy fatass?
grats bro!

Everyone that isn't a kids sport coach is lazy? That is a strange standard to hold every person to.

you're the one that implied tennis is a twink sport
so implying you're a big fella :)

4u

I think Dirk is sort of like Navi from the Legend of Zelda series.